Rivalaries:

Sunderland & Middlebrough
View attachment 202375View attachment 202376

Stadium Name:

St James' Park

View attachment 202377

Season Expectations:

You have five choices
I like to pick Top half finish as it is very easy to do with your current team but if you would like the tiny bit of extra money/wages then pick something higher.

Tactics:

Home
Short and Sweet™

View attachment 202845

The current Newcastle team fits this tactic almost perfectly and this possesion tactic works very well at home.

Away

Might and Magic™ by Raikan007

View attachment 202846

This tactic is for away games but i find its very good against the big 4 at home aswell.

Both of these tactics have been created by Raikan007 and are available for download.

First Team & Transfers:

- Goalkeepers -

• Tim Krul - Your number one. Very good young goalkeeper
  • Steve Harper - A backup to Krul. Old but reliable
  • Fraser Forster - On loan at Celtic. Should become Krul's backup unless you buy a new goalkeeper
  • Rob Elliot - Starts in the reserves and should stay there until he can be sold in January

Possible Transfers:

- Timo Hildebrand -

- Defenders -

• Fabricio Coloccini - Your captain and best defender.
  • Steven Taylor - Good defender with good pace.
  • Mike Williamson - A very solid backup and can push for a place in the starting lineup.
  • Danny Simpson - Very fast fullback. Consistent.
  • Davide Santon - Young Itallian international with bags of potential. Can play left and right.
  • Ryan Taylor - Decent backup. I usually sell after the first season.
Possible Transfers:

- Wayne Bridge - Loan
- Sime Vrsaljko - £3.1m

- Midfielders -

• Yohan Cabaye - The playmaker of the team. Should be the first name on the team sheet.
  • Cheik Tiote - Mr T as he is known to us Newcastle fans is one of the best defensive midfielders in the league
  • Danny Guthrie - Good back up. I usually sell after the first season
  • Dan Gosling - Young English player with alot of potential could be a starter in the near future. Utility
  • Hatem Ben Arfa - As soon as he recovers from injury i train him as a cm. Another great playmaker
  • Jonas Gutierrez - Very fast winger who will get you a ton of goals and assists
  • Gabriel Obertan - The same as Jonas but wont score as many goals but he is alot younger
  • Sylvain Marveaux - A very good backup player that can play a few positions
Possible Transfers:

- Siem De Jong - £1.8m
- Kara - £1m
- Strikers -

• Demba Ba - The Man who will get you the goals. He is fast, tall, strong and will score you a hat load of goals
  • Leon Best - A good poacher. Will get you a few goals
  • Shola Ameobi - The spot kick master. I usually sell as oon as i can
  • Peter Lovenkrands - He is fast and can play a few positions but is getting older.

Possible Transfers:

- Erik Torres - £3.5m
- Daniel Sturridge - Loan
- Danny Welbeck - Loan

- Newcastle's Hot Prospects -

Mehdi Abeid - 4 stars

Haris Vuckic - 4 stars

Remie Streete - 3 stars

Adam Campbell - 4 stars

Nile Ranger - 3 1/2 stars

First Season:

In my first season i like to focus on the league and try to push for a European spot.
In the league cup it is very possible to win but should not be a priority.
The F.A cup is difficult to win during your first season and again should not be a priority.

I will be adding more possible tranfers, staff recommendations and some downloadable content as soon as i have more time. So there we go my first guide and my first post. If you see anything wrong with this guide or you just have some recommendations, please feel free to comment or throw me a pm.

Last edited:
Quite a good guide :) Started a game with Newcastle with 4-5-1 but that isnt working too well, so I'll try 4-4-2 and 4-1-4-1 see how it goes :)

Quite a good guide :) Started a game with Newcastle with 4-5-1 but that isnt working too well, so I'll try 4-4-2 and 4-1-4-1 see how it goes :)
Thank you. I love the 4-5-1 but i couldn't get it right with my Newcastle team so i switched to a very simple 4-4-2 and got alot more succes with it.

And could anyone tell me how to get them stupid attachments to show as it looks alot better

1st season, bought dos santos, kadlec, sime vrsajcko and sold jonas guitterez
won carling cup in that season, final against chelsea
2nd season sold demba ba, ameobi and obertan, board only give me 16m transfer budget so need to get rid those player to get extra money.
bought in floccari(free), tevez(7.5m)(H) and shawcross(13.5)

1st season, bought dos santos, kadlec, sime vrsajcko and sold jonas guitterez
won carling cup in that season, final against chelsea
2nd season sold demba ba, ameobi and obertan, board only give me 16m transfer budget so need to get rid those player to get extra money.
bought in floccari(free), tevez(7.5m)(H) and shawcross(13.5)

Sounds like your having a good game with Newcastle mate. I was thinking of getting Tevez but his wage demand is massive, how much wages did you pay him?

I will be adding possible future transfers to my guide. So if anyone got a very good buy after the first season i would love to hear about it.

There is a quite decent right fullback for free, Carlos Diogo from Uruguai, I'm not sure if Ryan Taylor does the left wing also, but if he does, Diogo is a good sub for Simpson, even to compete for the position...

Had a save in FM 2010 in the then-relegated Newcastle and I still play it, lots of effort put into it to get them back in the Prem and winning titles again...

Vaclav Kadlec and Darwin Quintero both work very well aside Ba, Clement Grenier is another possibility working pretty well for me which is made better by the fact I managed to get him free :D and Lenny Nangis is doing fantastically and only cost £2.5m. I'm looking for some decent defenders though seen as i haven't signed any

There is a quite decent right fullback for free, Carlos Diogo from Uruguai, I'm not sure if Ryan Taylor does the left wing also, but if he does, Diogo is a good sub for Simpson, even to compete for the position...

Ryan Taylor can play both left and right, which makes him a good squad player. I have heard a few people mention Diogo, think i will have to check him out. How much did he cost you?

Sounds like your having a good game with Newcastle mate. I was thinking of getting Tevez but his wage demand is massive, how much wages did you pay him?

I will be adding possible future transfers to my guide. So if anyone got a very good buy after the first season i would love to hear about it.

Tevez is my match higher earner player so his wage is 115,000 and increase his loyalty bonus and agent fee around 3m after several time contract negotiation breakdown, i play 4-5-1 sometimes and lucky enough I can get mauro zarate for 4.2m(H) and played him as IF. Krul by far is the best keeper I ever have in FM series(H)

Ryan Taylor can play both left and right, which makes him a good squad player. I have heard a few people mention Diogo, think i will have to check him out. How much did he cost you?

He is a free agent, but there are certainly many competitors for him, I guess...

Flat 4-4-2 seems to work well against big teams playing on the counter, just beat Man Utd 5-2 at home (hurt seeing as Im a Man U fan but still happy)

Edit: If you want to play a 4-4-2, a good buy is Amr Zaki, him as Advanced forward with Ba as poacher, brilliant :)

This is only my 2nd year playing FM, but I have never been any other team besides Newcastle.

Im running a 4-2-3-1 and 4th in the table through 10 games in my most recent save. Ive beaten City 1-0 and Liverpool 2-5 already. You really dont need to buy too many players. The team is setup pretty nicely. I bought a LB and a AMR(I bring Obertan off the bench). Bought a backup CD with some room to grow. And 2 young strikers to replace Shola and Lovenkrands.

Last edited:
Flat 4-4-2 seems to work well against big teams playing on the counter, just beat Man Utd 5-2 at home (hurt seeing as Im a Man U fan but still happy)

Edit: If you want to play a 4-4-2, a good buy is Amr Zaki, him as Advanced forward with Ba as poacher, brilliant :)

Beating Man United is one of the most satisfying feelings in the game :D In my first season i used a flat 4-4-2 and it worked very well for me aswell (Finished 5th 7points of first)

This is only my 2nd year playing FM, but I have never been any other team besides Newcastle.

Im running a 4-2-3-1 and 4th in the table through 10 games in my most recent save. Ive beaten City 1-0 and Liverpool 2-5 already. You really dont need to buy too many players. The team is setup pretty nicely. I bought a LB and a AMR(I bring Obertan off the bench). Bought a backup CD with some room to grow. And 2 young strikers to replace Shola and Lovenkrands.

Im the same mate i love the current team and only buy young players at the start, who will eventually take a first team role.

Its an okay guide the main positions Newcastle need strengthening are Left Back, Striker ,Winger (as cover) , Centre Back and Central Midfield...
I would recommend the following signings

Gabriel Araujo (Cruzeiro) £2.8mil buyout clause for LB,

Luuk De Jong (FC Twente) £3.2 mil ish for Striker

Fernando Belluschi (FC Porto Reserves) £1.4mil for Winger or Centre Midfield

Luiz Eduardo (Sao Paulo) £1.2 mil ish for Centre Back (he is young but is quality and can easily fill in for any injuries etc)

Mohamed Diame (Wigan) £3.2 mil ish for Midfield (he is a quality passer of the ball and can break play up too)

Cidinho (Botafogo) £1.8 mil buyout clause (retrain as AMR )

If you have any extra cash Felipe Anderson (Santos) CM £5.5 mil buyout clause (Quality Player)

I have all of these players in my First season at Newcastle and they are all playing well.....Belluschi is an absolute assist and goal machine on the right wing

Luuk De Jong is playing well and scoring regularly (Demba Ba is quite injury prone and misses alot of games)

I try to keep to Newcastle's transfer policy of buying good young players
Thanks to Raikan for Luiz Eduardo and Felipe Anderson (H)

In January Man City bid £7.5mil for Coloccini so I sold him and got,

James Tomkins (West Ham) £3.4mil and Felipe Anderson in

Last edited:
In my 2nd season with Newcastle. Finished 3rd last year and just made it through the group stages of the Champions League. My group was Bayern, Villareal and Ajax.

Diame is absolutely brilliant and I recommend you to buy him. In my West Brom save he played fantastically together with Mulumbu. Managed to get 4th in my first season ahead of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City. I can also recommend you Alex Teixeira who was my best player

1. Kara could not join me at Newcastle as he failed his wp application and my appeal!
2. I loaned Amauri (275k!), Sturridge, Rossi (italian wb), Hector Rodas (the last two could not be registered so only used in cups - reached the semi of the FA where I lost to Bolton, who I d beaten in the league cup final).
3. Brought in Pouplin and Wome on frees and Toloi, Darwin Quintero, Bandalovski, Teko Modise, Tchabalala with fees.
4. In January brought in Mateo Musacchio, Sow and Xerdan Shaqiri (having got rid of deadwood) - all with instalments.
5. Told the board I would achieve Europa League qualification then halfway through I was fifth and changed it to CL qualification and got an extra 18 mil! Ended up finishing second about 10 points off Man Utd and 3 points ahead of chelsea.