RocknRoll

Reaction score
Just thought I'd put my input out there.

Start of Season expectations; Mid table finish (£23m and 850k wages). This is sufficient to bring in some quality squad additions. The club should be in no danger of relegation but it is unrealistic to expect European football with the powerful upper table power base.

SQUAD- Goalkeepers

Steve Harper- Experienced and reliable 'keeper. His agility and general performance does decline as the season goes on.
Tim Krul- Excellent prospect for the future. Should be good enough to call upon for your second season.
Fraser Forster- Out on loan and is also a good prospect. You're not going to be able to keep Krul and Forster so at some point, probably the 2011/2012 season, one will have to be sold.

No additions needed.

Defenders

The club needs a right back at the start of the game with Simpson and Steven Taylor injured. Coloccini and Enrique are good defenders, good enough for a top ten side. Steven Taylor develops well when he is fit, but I recommend buying another central defender for competition and to add to the fact Saylor can play at right back. Sol Campbell is useless but you may as well leave him to try to tutor a younger player since he won't be wanted by anyone.

Recommended incomings; Gary Cahill (£5.75m). Mark Wilson (loan).
Recommended outgoings; Ryan Taylor (£1m), James Perch (£0)

Wilson's stats do not look particularly impressive but in my experience he is a very solid defender who can fill in at right back until Steven Taylor is fit.

Midfielders
The strongest area. Cheik Tiote should be the powerhouse and core of your operation. The only area lacking really is another wide player. Jonas is a bit of a god due to his phsyical stats. There is excellent strength in depth.

Recommended incomings; Charles N'Zogbia (£10m).
Recommended outgoings; Kazenga Lua Lua and Moyo (loans).

Forwards
This area needs to be addressed with very little quality.
Shola Ameobi- Backup at best.
Peter Lovenkrands- Has good pace so in times of trouble could be used as an impact sub.
Leon best- Injured for a long period.
Kuqi- Terminate his contract.

Recommended incomings; Kevin Gameiro is an outstanding player with immense pace, movement, team work and finishing who can be acquired for £7m. Jo is also available on loan.

In; Gameiro (£7m), Jo (Loan)
Out; Kuqi (Free), Nile Ranger (Loan)

Even if you fail to get lucky in selling Ryan Taylor or Alan Smith, you can ask the board for some extra transfer money and they are happy to oblige.

1.jpg

2.jpg

The 4-3-3 is how I recommend to go. I would favour Jonas or N'Zogbia over Ben Arfa because their abilities to run with the ball and improved physical stats favour the FM match engine. I've had limited success with Ben Arfa on FM, but if used, I would set him as an advanced playmaker in the wide area. Stephen Ireland is a good bench player to have to come on.

Kevin Gameiro works very well in that system by exploiting space in behind defenders who have been drawn out of position by the runs of N'Zogbia and Jonas. Nolan is an attacking box to box player to get forward and support, Barton is a deep lying playmaker. That side should be good enough for a 8th or 9th placed finish. Hope you enjoyed.