Newcastle United - A New Save, A New Story, A New Era!!!!!!

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
1610833127119.png

NEWCASTLE UNITED - A NEW SAVE, A NEW STORY, A NEW ERA
(plus a new feature lol)

I have been off FM21 for a wee while due to various things (non covid - although got my vaccination yesterday lol), and despite being successful with Bari, when I went back into it I lost my love for it so after much thought I have decided to go and manage my beloved Newcastle United.

The reasons are plentiful. One, I need to do a Newcastle save as my BETA save was corrupted as Callum Wilson was on the verge of scoring at least 60 goals in the first season which ruined it for me. Two - supporting Newcastle United just now is ******* shocking. Steve Bruce is the worst football manager that we have had in the 30 odd years that I have supported them (I am 39 years old btw) and although I will never ever give up on my football team I want this save to allow me to feel good about my football club again as just now there is no light at the end of the tunnel in real life. Three - By me becoming manager means Steve Bruce is a goner and I can overhaul the squad!!!! Win Win.

Btw - I ******* HATE STEVE BRUCE!!!!!!!!!!!

This save will be all about myself managing Newcastle United and taking us back to where we belong (the top half of the table and challenging for Europe) but in truth and in FM reality I want us to dominate both domestically and continentally.

--

1610833750697.png

NEW FEATURE

Going out on a limb here but my plan is to do the story as usual but when Newcastle play I will do a post about the game afterwards (hopefully immediately afterwards or the day after), I may well be under the influence when posting but it will give viewers an insight as to how I feel about my club on a game by game basis. Newcastle fans may love it, Newcastle haters may love my rantings and if you dont like it then I apologise and you can just ignore it!!!

It is just as well I didnt have this idea last week as I would have needed several posts to describe my feelings after the Sheffield United game!!!!

--

1610834059668.png

PLEASE FOLLOW!!!!

So comment away - if not on the save then on your thoughts on the latest Newcastle game - even if you support our opposition and want to say that we are **** - which we are so that would be a pointless comment lol.

Agree or disagree - on you go. However a message to Stonecold - your views will be completely ignored and I am aware that we are playing you lot soon lol​

1610834535107.png

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Founded
Nickname - The Magpies
Stadium - St. James' Park
Capacity - 52,305
Rivals - Sunderland (Tyne & Wear Derby), Middlesbrough (Tyne-Tees Derby), Manchester United, Aston Villa

--

1610834963161.png

HONOURS

First Division Winners (4)
- 1904-05, 1906-07, 1908-09, 1926-27

Second Division/Championship Winners (4) - 1964-65, 1992-93, 2009-10, 2016-17

FA Cup Winners (6) - 1909-10, 1923-24, 1931-32, 1950-51, 1951-52, 1954-55

Charity Shield Winners (1)

Inter Cities Fairs Cup Winners (1) - 1968-69

UEFA Intertoto Cup Winners (1)

Texaco Cup Winners (2) - 1973-74, 1974-75

Anglo-Italian Cup Winners (1) - 1973

1610872378166.png

PRE-SEASON

All rejoice - Steve Bruce has gone!!!! I can resign now lol. This squad needed a serious overhaul and with half of the players out of contract at the end of the season it is due to be a huge year for us and I felt upon my arrival that I had to build a solid foundation for the future. I overhauled the backroom staff yet somehow I have kept on Bruce's 2 other Steves - Agnew and Clemence but their days are numbered too.

Now I readily admit that I came in with some pre-conceived ideas about who to sell and in all I have recouped £35m in player sales while I have managed to spend £55m and I still have a couple of million to spend but literally only a couple!

So here is my transfer dealings so far.....

--

PLAYERS OUT

The highest fee I received was for Matt Ritchie as he joined Dinamo Moscow for £9.75m (rising to £10.75m). He is one player that I have sold who I actually like in real life but the angry Scotsman (him not me lol) wasnt part of my plans and I decided to cash in.

I also sold 2 right backs - DeAndre Yedlin went to Shanghai Shenhua for £6m (rising to £7.5m) and Emil Krafth left to join Burnley for £6.25m. Yedlin is quick but thats about it while Krafth is pretty bad and seems to be better in FM21 than in real life but I dont like him so off he goes.

Now as for players that I dont like we come onto our clubs record signing - Joelinton! I sold the £40m man (shudders) to Saint-Etienne for £5m and I was delighted to ship him out of the club and to actually find someone to pay £5m for him!!! He is a terrible footballer and I will aim to sign a player for £40,000,001 just so he isnt on the record books anymore!!!!

Federico Fernandez is off to China for £4.8m. In real life he is one of our best players and leaders but at 31y/o and with his contract due to expire it was time for him to seek pastures new.

The ghosts that are Henri Saivet (Swansea £2.4m) and Achraf Lazaar (Cittadella £3,200) have also been binned while Christian Atsu and Yannick Toure have been loaned out.

--

PLAYERS IN

I raided Scotland for most of my signings!!!! 3 players moved down South, 2 from Rangers and 1 for Celtic. Coming in from Rangers is Alfredo Morelos (£18m) and James Tavernier (£12m). I neeed a backup striker to push Callum Wilson so Morelos was brought in to do that and I chose him ahead of Josef Martinez, Pato and Adam Armstrong as I felt that he still has room to develop and that we could make a profit should we move him on. As for Tavernier he returns to the club where he started his career. He is fairly quick, an expert at taking penalties and can also score a free-kick or two so I think he will bring something extra into our side.
morelos.png
tavernier.png

Coming in from Celtic is Kristoffer Ajer. I paid £17.5m for him and he will partner Jamaal Lascelles at the back. He wants to treat the club as a stepping stone and has a £55m release clause which I will hope to take away but the big lad should be a big hit with us.
ajer.png

Jack Wilshere was signed on a free transfer. He may be injury prone but I have always rated him as a player so to get him on a free was a no brainer and he will compete for the CM/AMC positions.
wilshere.png

Finally, coming in on loan from FC Porto is Shoya Nakajima. The Japanese international is a tricky player with speed, excellent dribbling and great technique and hopefully he will do a good turn for us and I have the option to sign him for £7.75m.
nakajima.png

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

We have a small amount of real quality but a lot of quantity lol. Dubravka will be my goalkeeper but he will miss the start of the season due to injury. In defence my back 4 will be Tavernier-Lascelles-Ajer-Lewis which is decent enough but in reserve Fabian Schar apart, we lack real quality with the likes of Clark, Dummett and Manquillo.

In CM I will go with Sean Longstaff and Shelvey but I have loads of other options in the shape of Matty Longstaff, Hayden, Wilshere and even Jeff Hendrick but I hate him more than I do Joelinton so I wouldnt expect to see him feature much! My attacking midfield 3 however have real quality with Allan Saint-Maximin being our star player and shining light, Miguel Almiron (who I named my cat Miggy after) offering pace and energy and Ryan Fraser being a small whippet who on his day is unplayable. Nakajima, Jacob Murphy and the youngster Rodrigo Vilca will be waiting in the wings.

Then up front I have the gorgeous Callum Wilson and the nutter that is Alfredo Morelos and that is a decent two to have and in reserve I have the big man Andy Carroll who I love in real life but is useless on FM and the poacher, Dwight Gayle.

--

AIMS FOR THE SEASON

Well with Bruce out and Joelinton gone the season has been a success before it has even started lol. In all honesty however a top half finish and a decent cup run would be nice and to play some nice attacking football so the fans can enjoy themselves is what I hope to achieve. Takeover rumours are circulating so if we can get rid of Mike Ashley as the owner of the club their will be parties in the streets all over Newcastle if that happens!!!!

Think you should let everyone know your true feelings on Steve Bruce mate and stop sitting on the fence about him....

1610882418709.png

SEPTEMBER

burnley.png

Lineup
- Darlow, Tavernier*, Lascelles, Ajer, Lewis, S.Longstaff, Shelvey (Wilshere), Fraser, Almiron (Nakajima), Saint-Maximin, Wilson (Morelos)

A fine way to kick start a new era at the club. We were terrific and could easily have scored 7 or 8 such was our dominance and the chances created. In the end we had to settle for 3. Tavernier scored from the penalty spot before Saint-Maximin powered in a header for the 2nd and then Alfredo Morelos came off the bench to grab the 3rd and in doing so a debut goal.

--

Carabao Cup 2nd Round
lincoln.png

Lineup
- Darlow, Manquillo, Lascelles, Clark*, Dummett, Hayden, Wilshere (Hendrick), Murphy, Vilca (Anderson), Nakajima, Morelos

I put out a weakened side here and we got the win that our play deserved although like last time out we relied on a penalty to break the deadlock. Nakajima tucked it away and Morelos scored late on to seal the match. Young Elliot Anderson came off the bench to make his debut while Rodrigo Vilca also debuted.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Darlow, Tavernier, Lascelles, Ajer, Lewis, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Fraser, Almiron (Morelos), Saint-Maximin (Nakajima), Wilson*

A superb win as Callum Wilson singlehandedly destroyed a strong Leicester side. We fell behind but then Wilson went to work and scored a superb hat-trick to give us victory. Leicester lost 4-0 to Aston Villa on the opening day so its a nightmare start for them!

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
preston.png

Lineup
- Darlow, Manquillo, Lascelles, Clark, Dummett, Hayden, Wilshere (Hendrick), Murphy, Vilca*, Nakajima, Morelos

My backups got another run out and they did a fine job and had the game won by half time. Nakajima netted twice including another penalty and Rodrigo Vilca scored his first goal for the club.

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Darlow, Tavernier, Lascelles, Ajer, Lewis, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Shelvey (Wilshere), Fraser*, Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Wilson (Morelos)

A fantastic result as we beat Leeds. We stopped them playing their game and asserted ourselves on them and that worked out well. Fraser and Saint-Maximin both scored from close range and Leeds didnt really create much.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
forest.png

Lineup - Darlow, Manquillo, Schar, Clark, Dummett*, Hayden, Wilshere (Hendrick), Fraser, Almiron, Nakajima (Vilca), Morelos

Very nice. I went with a slightly stronger side here and that decision paid off as we won handsomely. Jack Wilshere opened the scoring with a wonderful long range effort and then Almiron and Fraser added the other goals.

--

SUMMARY

A perfect first month in the job!!! We played 6 games, won all 6, top of the league and in the Carabao Cup quarter-finals! Not bad at all. In the league we thumped Burnley on the opening day before we played Leicester and a Callum Wilson hat-trick saw them off before we edged out Leeds 2-0. Perfect although our next match is away to Liverpool so that will be much tougher!

In the Carabao Cup I mostly fielded a backup side which proved to be a good decision as the results saw us defeat Lincoln, Preston and Nottingham Forest to set up a quarter-final tie away to Brentford - where we lost to in real life in the same round!!!!

I still have several players injured (Dubravka, Wilshere, M.Longstaff, Carroll and Gayle) but my new players have slotted in well which is pleasing.

During the month there was a group in talks regarding a takeover but it collapsed after a couple of days frustratingly although apparently they were going to appoint Luciano Spalletti in my place so maybe thats a good thing that it collapsed.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RYAN FRASER
fraser.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
sept.png

Nice to read your stories again, Klippy. Still going with a 4231?

As a Villa fan I completely get the Steve Bruce hate. Dire football, no tactics, same post-match interviews about "rolling our sleeves up" and all of which is made worse by his mates in the media peddling the myth that he's doing a good job!

OCTOBER

liverpool.png

Lineup
- Darlow, Tavernier, Lascelles, Ajer, Lewis (Dummett), S.Longstaff, Shelvey (Hendrick), Fraser, Wilshere (Vilca), Saint-Maximin, Wilson*

SAVE OVER!!!!

Forget about the result, forget about the crazy scoreline, forget about the miraculous comeback.

THIS IS THE KIND OF RESULT THAT IS RUINING FOOTBALL MANAGER 21!!!!!!

5 goals in a game by Callum Wilson is highly unlikely but possible. 7-6 in the Premier League - nope, a team to comeback from 6-3 down to win 7-6 - nope. Bear in mind that it was Liverpool away that we were playing. Its a ******* joke and I feel that I cannot continue this save. I cannot hide my anger at these crazy scorelines. It really is ruining this years game for me. What can I do? Go super defensive after an hour to protect whatever the scoreline is? Hardly.

Please, please, please SI and Miles and everyone else - do something to sort this out!!!

I know I am not the only one who has found this to be a problem and I am seriously debating as to whether or not it is worth continuing with this years game. I thought that having not had crazy scorelines with my Athletic Bilbao or Bari saves then the problem was fixed but no.

Then again in my Bari save I won 10-2 in a quarter final for Nigeria which I suppose is plausible.

So ****** frustrating!!!!!

Rant over

OCTOBER

View attachment 531887

Lineup
- Darlow, Tavernier, Lascelles, Ajer, Lewis (Dummett), S.Longstaff, Shelvey (Hendrick), Fraser, Wilshere (Vilca), Saint-Maximin, Wilson*

SAVE OVER!!!!

Forget about the result, forget about the crazy scoreline, forget about the miraculous comeback.

THIS IS THE KIND OF RESULT THAT IS RUINING FOOTBALL MANAGER 21!!!!!!

5 goals in a game by Callum Wilson is highly unlikely but possible. 7-6 in the Premier League - nope, a team to comeback from 6-3 down to win 7-6 - nope. Bear in mind that it was Liverpool away that we were playing. Its a ******* joke and I feel that I cannot continue this save. I cannot hide my anger at these crazy scorelines. It really is ruining this years game for me. What can I do? Go super defensive after an hour to protect whatever the scoreline is? Hardly.

Please, please, please SI and Miles and everyone else - do something to sort this out!!!

I know I am not the only one who has found this to be a problem and I am seriously debating as to whether or not it is worth continuing with this years game. I thought that having not had crazy scorelines with my Athletic Bilbao or Bari saves then the problem was fixed but no.

Then again in my Bari save I won 10-2 in a quarter final for Nigeria which I suppose is plausible.

So ****** frustrating!!!!!

Rant over

JESSSSUUUUSSSS CHRISTTTTTTT!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::oops::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: All I have to say is FM or Miles Jacobsen absolutely loves Callum Wilson!

well i guess the update have ruined FM 21 and i think creator want to make FM 21 look like an FIFA 14
i thought FM 15 was even that bad

Alright - granted, that is a bizarre scoreline, but it's not that long ago that Villa put 7 past Liverpool... Leicester beat Southampton 9-0 last season and there have been plenty of high scoring games in the recent past.

As you said, its not happening regularly and not in your other saves so I'd treat this as one of those outlying results that happen once in a blue moon (hopefully...) and keep going with it!!

Alright - granted, that is a bizarre scoreline, but it's not that long ago that Villa put 7 past Liverpool... Leicester beat Southampton 9-0 last season and there have been plenty of high scoring games in the recent past.

As you said, its not happening regularly and not in your other saves so I'd treat this as one of those outlying results that happen once in a blue moon (hopefully...) and keep going with it!!
well i guess he put up an chaos mod that destory the FM 21 and maybe this is the reason why he give it up at newcastle save and no longer want to continue the save

Yes Villa put 7 past Liverpool and a 9-0 for Leicester. Ajax scored double figures this season against someone. However a 13 goal thriller? 7-6? The Premier League record is 7-4 but bear in mind this was Liverpool against Newcastle. Okay me managing Newcastle makes them a bit better so instead of being one of the worst teams in the league we are elevated into a top 8 team. 7-6 is not on. It happened in my BETA save and I was beating someone (think it was Liverpool lol 6-1 in the first season and also were 5-1 up against Man Utd with 30min to go and lost 5-6. Makes me think something is wrong. Stonecold has had similar results happening too.

I can remember Newcastle drawing 6-6 against Tranmere once mind you lol and Aberdeen beat Motherwell 6-5 20 odd year ago.

I tweeted Miles Jacobson and he said if it is occurring quite often then there is a problem and to put it to SI games so at least he has acknowledged it.

The only way I can stop it is that if it happens, restart the game and replay it until a more realistic scoreline happens. But then I won this one originally - I dont really want to have 15-20 attempts to try and win 1-0 lol.

What I am going to do is do my Champions League challenge again. I prefer to do one club saves but at least this way I can move from club to club and if it happens then **** happens I will hopefully not be at the club too long and it will give me a wider testing area for freak results!

Maybe its just FM21 saying to me - you want entertaining football back at Newcastle? - here you go lol

Yes Villa put 7 past Liverpool and a 9-0 for Leicester. Ajax scored double figures this season against someone. However a 13 goal thriller? 7-6? The Premier League record is 7-4 but bear in mind this was Liverpool against Newcastle. Okay me managing Newcastle makes them a bit better so instead of being one of the worst teams in the league we are elevated into a top 8 team. 7-6 is not on. It happened in my BETA save and I was beating someone (think it was Liverpool lol 6-1 in the first season and also were 5-1 up against Man Utd with 30min to go and lost 5-6. Makes me think something is wrong. Stonecold has had similar results happening too.

I can remember Newcastle drawing 6-6 against Tranmere once mind you lol and Aberdeen beat Motherwell 6-5 20 odd year ago.

I tweeted Miles Jacobson and he said if it is occurring quite often then there is a problem and to put it to SI games so at least he has acknowledged it.

The only way I can stop it is that if it happens, restart the game and replay it until a more realistic scoreline happens. But then I won this one originally - I dont really want to have 15-20 attempts to try and win 1-0 lol.

What I am going to do is do my Champions League challenge again. I prefer to do one club saves but at least this way I can move from club to club and if it happens then **** happens I will hopefully not be at the club too long and it will give me a wider testing area for freak results!

Maybe its just FM21 saying to me - you want entertaining football back at Newcastle? - here you go lol
well maybe the beta was too OP to make **** teams into powerful teams