Newcastle United:The Miracle of St James Park

udbhav45

Banned
Reaction score
Newcastle United reveal New Manager

After weeks of speculation on who will next take the helm at Newcastle United with managers such as David Moyes and Alan Curbishley being linked to the job,Mike Ashley hastily arranged a press conference to reveal Newcastle United's next manager Peter Davies who has enjoyed successful playing careers with Leeds United,Middlesbrough and later on Ajax.Newcastle fans greeted this news with dissappointment as they hoped to get someone with more manegerial experience but they are willing to place trust in Peter Davies and they hope he can bring glory to a club which has forgotten how it feels to win trophies.

Summary of Peter Davies life:
-Signed up for Middlesbrough as a 17 year-old kid and was said to have great potential
-After making 62 appearances for the club and netting 45 goals transferred to Leeds United at the age of 21 for a fee of 780k.
-Made 177apearances for Leeds United and scored 123 goals making him a legend at the club and captained Leeds in 72 of those matches.
-Transferred to Ajax at the age of 29 for a record fee of 7.8 million
-Played only 42 times for Ajax due to a series of niggling injury problems
-In a match 3 years later suffered a horrific tackle which ended his playing career
-After 3 years he went to Singapore where he managed SAFFC and won them 2 league titles in a row(Its true but this is another save)
-He was then called upon to manage the Singapore National Team at the age of 38 where he won them 2 Asean Cups and nearly made them qualify for the Asian Cup
-Was capped 37 times by England but had a knack to get injured during international weeks and scored only 4 goals
-Now managing Newcastle United at the age of 42//

Peter Davies has kindly agreed to answer a few questions from our reporters:

Q1:peter do you think your lack of managerial experience is going to affect your tenture at St James Park?

A1:I may not have the experience but I do have the determination to succeed and i am confident of a successful tenture at St James Park and i hope my players too have the same will

Q2:What are your aims and objectives for the upcoming season?

A2:I hope to gain qualification to the Premiere Division obviously and a good run in the FA Cup is high on my list of priorities

Q3:What are your transfer plans for the upcoming season?

A3:I hope to inject some youth into my squad who tend to rely too heavily on old stars such as Alan Smith and Nicky **** and I hope to strengthen certain areas of my team but i can only reveal more when I find out my transfer and wage budget

Q4:How can you describe your relationship with Mike Ashley?

A4:Mike is a nice person and I sincerely hope that I have the full backing of the board during my stay and I'd like to make it clear that I want to run the club in my way and I will not tolerate any intervention

Q5:Many reports suggest a possible takeover of the club.Your thought?

A5:They are not my concern and will speak on the matter when something concrete happens

Thank You

Good luck, there are many Newcastle Careers. :)

First Day

I have looked over my squad and I made these assumptions

Defence-Decent but will need to strengthen

Midfield-Amazing but it is a ageing one

Attack-Good attack but may need to add a player or two

However I learnt today also that I have a transfer budget of $0,extremely disappointing but I guess i have to live through it and I hope to see an improve in the financial position the club.Will have a look at my staff later on and look at signing some young stars on loan.

Transfers

Newcastle United in a field day have managed to secure the signature of three young players on loan and the club and Peter are undertsandbly ecstatic. They are-

Jack Wilshere
P02081209C7M7.jpg

Peter Davies comments-Jack is a exciting and upcoming midfielder who is extremely versatile and will one day definetly play for England.I am extremely happy to get him and I hope to see him light up St James Park with his running and dribbling

Fabio Da Silva-
Fabio_Da_Silva_704863a.jpg

Peter Davies comments-Fabio is a great full-back who was signed when he was only 16 by Manchester United and he has great potential.He has the qualities to develop into a World Superstar and I hope to see him excite our Toon Army.Fabio was signed to act as a back-up to Jose Enrique but Peter promises to give him many first-team appearnces provided he performs

Ritchie De Laet-
laet_280x390_702995a.jpg

Peter Davies comments-Ritchie has been absolutely massive for whichever club he has played for and is a developing youngster at Manchester United.I hope to see him develop as a rock at the back for us and certainly hope to see him make a huge coontribution in our title bid.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Peter Davies has set-out a ambitious 3 year plan for Newcastle and he certainly has mountains of confidence which his polayers lack.After his plan was leaked to the press,many fans chanted outside his office building 'You may not even stay for three years'.They were certainly angry about his confidence in getting Newcastle up and about

1st Year-Win Coca Cola Championship
2nd Year-Find our feet in the Premeiere Division and a Mid-Table finish would be good
3rd Year-Top-Half Finish and atleast a challenge for any European spot

Peter Davies also scheduled friendlies ahead of the season to assess his squad and new signings-

Newcastle United vs Cambridge(Home)
(Significance-To test out my tactics on a weaker opposition)

Newcastle United vs Kilamarnock(Home)

Newcastle United vs Burnley(Away)

Newcasle United vs Hartlepool(Away)

Newcastle United vs Arsenal(Home)

Newcastle United vs Lyon(Home)

Friendly Match 1

Lyon vs Newcastle United
Pre-match comments:I hope for a solid performance from the team today and will be happy to get a draw
Lyon 1-1 Newcastle United
(Andy Carroll 89)
Post-Match comments:The way we fought back from a one goal deficit and and equalise in the closing minutes was superb.Lyon piled pressure on us like anything but we countered and were rewarded with a goal and Andy Carroll only had to head the ball in from close range.

Man of the Match(Newcastle):Jack Wilshere played a superb game.I brought him on at the 65th minute and the way he exploited Lyon's weary legs was great and he was rewarded for his efforts by setting up our sole goal.I am delighted that he has made an impact so soon on his arrival.

Newcastle United vs Hartlepool
Pre-match comments:I am hoping to get a win here against Hartlepool as we have a good team and every chance of overpowering them in any area of the pitch.
Newcastle 4-1 Hartlepool
(Amoebi 4,17,67,78)
Colcinni sent off (10)
Post-Match comments:We played a superb game here today and were great from start to finish.Although colcinni was sent off early on we never really felt his absence and still Hartlepool could not break down our defence.Amoebi played great with 4 goals to his name,a remarkable feat.

Man of the Match(Newcastle):No question about it,Shola Ameobi had a brilliant game and on of his goals was a brilliant solo effort.He bounced back after his disappointing performance against Lyon and he tore Hartlepool's defence to shreds.

Newcastle United in a field day have managed to secure the signature of three young players on loan and the club and Peter are undertsandbly ecstatic. They are-

Jack Wilshere
P02081209C7M7.jpg

Peter Davies comments-Jack is a exciting and upcoming midfielder who is extremely versatile and will one day definetly play for England.I am extremely happy to get him and I hope to see him light up St James Park with his running and dribbling

Fabio Da Silva-
Fabio_Da_Silva_704863a.jpg

Peter Davies comments-Fabio is a great full-back who was signed when he was only 16 by Manchester United and he has great potential.He has the qualities to develop into a World Superstar and I hope to see him excite our Toon Army.Fabio was signed to act as a back-up to Jose Enrique but Peter promises to give him many first-team appearnces provided he performs

Ritchie De Laet-
laet_280x390_702995a.jpg

Peter Davies comments-Ritchie has been absolutely massive for whichever club he has played for and is a developing youngster at Manchester United.I hope to see him develop as a rock at the back for us and certainly hope to see him make a huge coontribution in our title bid.

Great Signings

Nicy ****

Peter Davies:Out of my Comfort Zone
By Jeoff ***
A exclusive excerpt from his upcoming biography

Peter Davies has just been confirmed manager of Newcastle United a club which has experienced glory many times but see too see few of anything gold these days.How well we all remember the days when Newcastle use to beat the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool.Back when Chelsea were not even a top four club.It was a remarkable era for Newcastle and was made possible by players like Alan Shearer and Shay Given both of whom have not parted with the club where they made their name,How Peter Davies must have wished for Alan Shearer to be out there on the pitch when his team were struggling to break down Lyon's well organised defence.Alan Shearer who could bring a crowd up to its feet with a flick,run or touch has now since retired and his presence is still sorely felt around St James Park till today.Peter Davies was a remarkable player in his won right but after a horrific injury he probably has forggotten how to play the game he once lived for.I am sure if he still could he would have gone on the pitch for Newcastle.Such is football that anything can change in just a few years.The Newcastle we knew a few years back are not the Newcastle we know today.But can Peter Davies a legend bring Newcastle back to the glories of the 1990s.It remains to be seen as Toon fans all over the world put theri faith in him.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Nicky **** confirmed as Captian
Nicky **** in a expected moves has been confirmed as the one who will lead Newcaslt United in the upcoming season after he returns from injury.Alan Smith is expected to fill in for him until he returns.Nicky **** was expected to be given the captiancy but they were worries around St James Park as he was not confirmed by Peter Davies until today.Nicky also kindly agreed to answer a few questions-

Question 1:How do you describe your relationship with Peter Davies?

Answer 1:peter is a nice person who always listens to your point of view and is big enough to admit he is wrong on the rarae occasions he is.He expects total commitment during training and is not afraid to berate some of the club's stars during training.He has a good eye for talent and knows how to get the best out of each of us.

Question 2:Was it slightly worrying for you that you still had not been confirmed as captian?

Answer 2:It was slightly but after training last week Peter Davies had a long discussion with me and asked me a lot of questions in genereal.He told me that he wanted me to lead the team and he said that he wanted no off-field antics from me or else he was taking off the armband.He wanted me to be a leader on the pitch and a role-model to the younger Toon players.

Question 3:How have the rest of the squad responded to Peter Davies?

Answer 3:They think of him as an intelligent man and they respect him despite his no-nonsense attitude.

Question 4:What are your thoughts on the new loan signings Peter Davies has just completed?

Answer 4:All three players are exciting and upcoming talents and they all work hard durning training and are warm people off the field.Jack in particular has already given us a glimpse of his ability during the Lyon match and Fabio and Ritchie have been performing well.

Thanks Nick

Nice stuff mate. I will follow. :)

Wrong
Question 1:peter is a nice person ... etc
Right
Question 1: Peter is a nice person ... etc.

Lol its just a tip and btw its an awesome story so far​

yeah good start, >>Following<< i like storys from north east...

<---- Middlesbrough lad here :)

Hey thanks guys for the comments

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:42 PM ----------

update in 15min

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Pre-Season friendlies continue

Newcastle United vs Kilmarnock
Pre-Match Comments:Kilmarnock are a good side but that is no reason for us not winning and I hope for a good performance from the lads.
Newcastle 3-1 Kilmarnock
(Andy Caroll 14)
(Shola Ameobie 67)
(Nils Ranger 78)

Post-Match Comments:We made a meal of a easy match today.In the first half despite Andy Caroll's goal we lack penetration and their defence totally outpowered my strikers and attacking midfielders.However all that changed when i brought Shola Ameobi on who totally changed the game with a goal and set-up Nils Rangers Goal.Good performance from the lads but I do expect better.

Man of the Match:No doubt it was Shola Ameobi who had a magnificent game today and he is evidently on top form and is turning out to be one of my most important players.Great Performance Shola.

Newcastle United vs Cambridge
Pre-Match comments:It is a relatively easy game for usand the whole point of the game was for us to have a run-about and knock a few goals past Cambridge so as to obtain a winning mentality ahead of our next game against Arsenal.
Newcastle United 4-0 Cambridge
(Andy Caroll 14,27)
(Nils Ranger 42)
(Alan Smith 73)

Post-Match comments:It was nice to see Nils and Andy take over the scoring burden while Ameobi was rested and it showed that we were not a one-man show.We did not bring our finishing with us or we should and would have scored more.Jack Wilshere had a great game setting up 3 of the goals and he is turning out to be a brilliant catch.

Man of the Match:Difficult one although Andy Caroll had a great game,Jack was the one who deserves it as he played superbly playing excellent balls through to Nils Ranger and crossing for Andy Caroll to head home.

Newcastle United vs Arsenal
Pre-Match comments:I hoping for a positive result as we are playing at St James Park and I am confident of getting one.We have a good team which is firing on all cylinders at the moment.
Newcastle United 1-1 Arsenal
(Ameobi 67)

Post Match Comments:I hoped for a positve result and I got one.It was a even game and no side really dominated.We took the lead but Arsenal fired back through Fabregas their influential playmaker.All in all it was a good game and our back four was solid as many Arsenal attacks broke down on them.Ritchie De Laet had a great game as he managed to keep Rob Van Persie under control.Steve Harper made a few crucial stops and Shola popped up with a well-time close ranged finish after some superb wing play by Jonas.

Man of the Match:There was not particulary outstanding individual today and it was a complete team effort by us for the result.Everone ranging from the defenders to the strikers played a part in us getting the result.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Pre-Season in Review

We had a great Pre-Season and we grinded out positive reults against top sides like Lyon and Arsenal and we completely tore apart teams such as Cambridge.My three loan signings have also adapted well to the squad and have performed well.I hope to played a part in their developing process as a footballer.I cant wait for the Championship to start and I hope to lift the trophy next year.

Pre-Season Star Player-
21012008_shola-ameobi.jpg

Shola Ameobi has been getting consistent pre-season performances and he has scored in every game i made him play.It is fantastic statistic in Pre-Season and I hope more of the same from him in the Championship if were are going back up.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

The Newcastle Times
Shola Ameobi-A star in his own right

Shola Ameoni has had a great Pre-Season under Peter Davies and seems to have rediscovered the form which had made him turn out such great performances against teams such as Bayern Leverkusen.Shola has had a roller-coaster life and we all remember the time when he was sent on loan because of failure to impress manager Kevin Keegan.It was shocking that a player who had made such rapid strides to the first team in his early years had no fallen so dramatically.However Peter Davies has put trust and faith in him and as Shola says 'Peter made me rediscover why I loved football'.Under Peter's guidance Shola has excelled and many forsee his form continueing well into the Championship.It will be required by Peter Davies to have all his players raring to go if they want to go back to the top.Shola who now is eligible for Nigeria will definetly be called-up says Peter and now we can only wait in hope and optimism as we see Shola Ameobi a simple Nigerian boy who once had a dream rise again.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

I hope to have made this tread interesting with my regular interviews,articles and excerpts brom biographies and stuff

yh there has been alot of newcastle games but this could be the best

Hey thanx supersmith your comments really means a lot to me

how did you get Jack Wilshere hes at bolton unless ur usin old pacth

i think he is, i use 10.0 because any newer patch and my FM just sorta crashes so Wilshere is still at Arsenal, plus dont Newcaslte have more transfer wages in newer patches?

hey guys for some ****** reason my newcastle game stopped working some error at line 1 or some **** sorry guys but i'd be happy to do another story on any team u guys choose sorry again