Reaction score
attachment.php

NEWCASTLE SACK HUGHTON; SANTIAGO MAXIMO TO TAKE CHARGE AS CARETAKER MANAGER

The Newcastle United Board have today announced the sacking of incumbent manager Chris Hughton due to disagreements with the Board of Directors at St. James' Park. The dispute had something to do with transfer funds and lack of 'ambition' on the club's part to abide by Mr. Hughton's requests of bigger funds.

They have also announced that Santiago Maximo, erstwhile Academy Director at Newcastle will take over as the caretaker manager. Maximo was a former Portugal international (also holding a Spanish nationality), who has represented Benfica, Porto, Juventus and Real Madrid in his 24- year career, staying exactly six years at each club.

Maximo is understood to have been given time until Newcastle's second Premiership match against Stoke City to prove his mettle.

I am delighted to be the manager of the club to whom, I have heart and soul. I know my appointment is temporary and will do my best to make it permanent.

--------------------

St_James_Park2.jpg

NEWCASTLE UNITED PRE-SEASON FIXTURES ANNOUNCED

Newcastle United have announced their pre-season fixtures to be played before their opening match against Blackpool at Bloomfield Road in the Premiership.

12.7.2010-Newcastle United vs Besiktas, St. James Park
17.7.2010-Carlisle vs Newcastle United, Brunton Park
21.7.2010-Stockport vs Newcastle United, Edgeley Park
23.7.2010-Grimsby vs Newcastle United, Blundell Park
25.7.2010-Bury FC vs Newcastle United, Gigg Lane
27.7.2010-Chesterfield vs Newcastle United, B2Net Stadium
31.7.2010-Macclesfield vs Newcastle United, The Moss Rose Lane
4.8.2010-Newcastle United vs Werder Bremen, St. James Park
6.8.2010-Tottenham Hotspurs vs Newcastle United, White Hart Lane

Newcastle fans are sure to love these fixtures especially the ones against Bremen and Spurs which would give them an opportunity to test themselves against strong opposition.

---------------------------

Next update coming soon.