MrFlabby

Reaction score

Newcastle part company with Hughton

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has announced that the club have today part companied with Chris Hughton. Chris gained promotion with Newcastle from the Championship after finishing with a staggering 102 points, many fans are angered by Ashley's decision so the replacement will have to be a good well known manager to please the angry Newcastle supporters.

We questioned some fans to see how they feel , these are there reactions ;

Fan 1 -It's a disgrace, after all he did for our club and then you turn your back on him, it's stupid . I think we should of kept him in the job to see how he goes on in the Prem and if things aren't going so well then have a change of manager, but now isn't the right time at all.

Fan 2 - I'm not to sure what to think, he did great last year gaining promotion but i'm not to sure if he could cut it as a Premier League manager to be honest.

Fan 3 - I think it is a good idea, get a fresh experienced manager like Martin O'Neill in and we will be fine, no disrespect to Hughton but he isn't a Premier League manager yet and i wish him well at his new club if he gets one.

14092008_mike-ashley.jpg

Not many fans are applauding Mike Ashley's decision to sack Chris Hughton

Paddy-power-green.gif

Bookies favorites for Newcastle job

Martin O'Neill - 2/1

Alan Shearer - 10/1

Manuel Pellegrini - 15/2

Mick Mccarthy - 30/4

Kevin Keegan - 50/1

oNeill.jpg

O'Neill is the bookies favorite to become the new Newcastle boss

6 days later ...

Manuel Pellegrini new man in charge of Newcastle

Mike Ashley has today announced to a local newspaper that Manuel Pellegrini has accepted an offer to become the new boss of Newcastle United, the former Real Madrid manager said he is 'Delighted' to be here at St. James' Park and he will do his all to get Newcastle into Europe before his two year contract runs out ...

Manuel-Pellegrini-001.jpg

A reporter asked Pellegrini if he would be signing any new players and he answered with " I'm not sure yet, maybe a few new faces but nothing major yet. "

So a new man in charge of Newcastle but will it be a new start ?

New Magpies land at St. James' Park

New man in charge Manuel Pellegrini has completed all his summer deals so far . he released a statement saying " I have completed all deals for players coming in and going out and will be no more until January".

Transfers in

The first of Pellegrini's summer signings is Jermaine Jenas who has rejoined the club for a fee of £3,400,000 . He is a defensive midfielder but can also play a wide variety of other positions .

The second of his signing is Guillermo Ochoa, he is a very talented keeper and the deal of just £4,400,000 is believed to be a real coup for a player of his ability. Pellegrini has also signed another young keeper Alex Smithies from Huddersfield for an undisclosed fee , and has also signed promising Huddersfield forward Jordan Rhodes who will be used as back up after completing a medical for a £575,000.

The final two signings are the season long loan of Ukranian Artem Milevskyi from Dinamo Kiev, he is a very good striker and will be in the first team, a clause on the loan is that Newcastle may sign the player for £10,000,000 anytime in the loan. The final signing is of a very exciting Spanish midfielder by the name of Daniel Aquino for a fee of £3,000,000.

daniel_aquino.jpg

Aquino will have to battle with Hatem Ben Arfa for a starting place in the squad

Transfers out

Not much activity on players leaving the club as only Ben Tozer has left to join Lincoln on loan and Shola Ameobi has left to Aston Villa for a fee believed to be around £4,000,000.

Shola-Ameobi-scores-his-t-001.jpg

Ameobi will be a Villa player this season