Richk

Reaction score
Just started with my beloved Newcastle Utd hoping to get them back up at the first attempt. Not had my first league game as yet, just had a few friendlies.

So Far I have released a lot of the young unwanted reserves/youth players and sold Geremi to Deportivo for £1.2m but still paying him £18.5k a week for the rest of the season. Managed to snap up Douglas Costa on loan for the season (he looks like some player, done very well in two friendlies so far) also signed cover at CB in the form of Matthew Booth from Sundowns for £120k. Agreed a loan deal to sign Lacine Traore for the season with an agreed price of £575k, however had work permit turned down, have appealed and remain unsure as to whether that will be passed! Just waiting for Tom Huddlestone to become available for loan now as he normally does and that will be my transfer dealings done assuming I get both Traore and Huddlestone!

Season underway now and after an in different pre season which included defeats to Colorado and York City but finished with a convincing 3-1 win over Rangers, I ended up losing to West Brom 1-0 opening day, didn't deserve it but a Brunt free-kick was enough for them, one of few chances for them too!Have bounced back since then though winning all four of my next Championship matches and also progressed to the 3rd round of the cup beating Colchester 2-0.

Results from August (League= Black, Carling Cup=Red)

West Brom 1 - 0 Newc
Newc 5 - 0 Reading (Federici OG, Nolan 2, Simpson, S.Taylor)
Newc 1 - 0 Sheff Wed (Fonseca)
C.Palace 1 - 2 Newc (Jonas, Enrique)
Colchester 0 - 2 Newc (R.Taylor, Ameobi)
Newc 4 - 0 Leicester (Nolan, Fonseca, Coloccini, Booth)

As you can see not a bad set of results, would have settled for that at the start. 14 goals scored and 2 conceded in 6 games. Good thing is goals are spread out lots of players scoring.

Since last post Traore loan went through after an appeal, I also signed Kikin Fonseca for £750k over 48 months and completed a 3 month loan for Darron Gibson.

Douglas Costa, Jonas and Nolan have been superb so far (all playing as attacking mids) Fonseca has scored 2 goals but still not firing on all cylinders.

Will keep you updated.

Last edited:
September has passed by and another pretty good month with very few games though due to international call ups.

At the end of August after having beaten Leicester 4-0, I was 2nd behind Ipswich with 12 pts from 5 games. At the end of Septemeber I now sit 7th with 19pts from 8 games, but have 3 games in hand on Ipswich in 1st who have 23pts.

Results from September: (League= Black, Carling Cup=Red)

Cardiff 2 - 2 Newc (Quinn OG, S.Taylor)
Blackpool 0 - 2 Newc (Jonas, Nolan)
Newc 4 - 1 Plymouth (Ameobi 2, Jonas, Traore)
Newc 1 - 0 Barnsley ( Guthrie)

So one draw and three wins in September including going into round 4 of the Carling Cup where we'll play Spurs away.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

So, two months into the season, I am pleased with results and performances so far, well within reach of top spot, through to the fourth round of the League Cup and currently have an injury free squad with lots of quality and healthy competition.

Top Scorers:

4 - Nolan
3 - Ameobi, Jonas
2 - Fonseca, S.Taylor
1 - Traore, Booth, Simpson, R.Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Guthrie

Assists:

5 - Douglas Costa
3 - Jonas
2 - Barton, Coloccini

Average Rating

Jonas - 7.46
Coloccini - 7.38
Douglas Costa - 7.36
Simpson/S.Taylor - 7.35

September didn't bring anymore incoming loanees or transfers but I have let a few reserve players out on loan to gain experience:

Ranger (Bradford - 3 months)
Donaldson (Norwich - 3 months)
Lua Lua (Hartlepool - 3 months)
Tozer (Bury 3 months)
Grieve (Ebbsfleet - 3 months)
Morris (Grimsby - 3 months)
Ferguson (Cambridge - 3 months)

Last edited:
October now passed by and our good form continues suffering just one defeat at the hands of Spurs in the 4th round of the Carling Cup.

Results from October (League= Black, Carling Cup=Red)

Newc 1 - 0 Q.P.R (Ameobi)
Forest 0 - 0 Newc
Scunthorpe 0 - 1 Newc (Jonas) Barton sent off 51 mins (2nd yellow)
Newc 3 - 0 Doncaster (Douglas Costa, Fonseca, Lovenkrands)
Spurs 3 - 1 Newc (Jonas)

Top Scorers

5 - Jonas
4 - Ameobi, Nolan
3 - Fonseca
2 - S.Taylor
1 - Traore, Booth, Simpson, R.Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Douglas Costa

Currently 2nd in the league with 29 points having played only 12 games. I sit a point behind Swansea who have played 15 and level with Boro in 3rd who have also played 15 games so hopefully I can open up a big gap if we can win our games in hand.

No transfer updates from October, Darrron Gibson is due to go back to Man Utd early November and I doubt I'll be extending the deal, even though he's done ok when he's played. I may however bring in Nemanja Matic on loan from Chelsea. They bought him from Kosice for £1.5m and he's yet to play a game. Looks a very tidy midfielder and is available for loan.

Will update at the end of November.

Stopped updating this due to time and also do this from work so cant download screen shots and access info easily so made it difficult.

Have now finished first season, what a tense one it was, went into the last game with three teams able to win it and knowing one team would finish third. West Brom were top from us on goal difference, both on 91 pts and Sheff Utd just behind on 90 pts. We had QPR away who were 4th so I was rather nervous going into the game, knowing a win would be enough to go up. Thought West Brom were guaranteed to win it being home to Barnsley, Sheff Utd had a tough game away at Ipswich who were 5th.

We dominated the QPR game but couldn't score until Douglas Costa headed home from an Enrique cross on 85 mins. West Brom drew 2-2 and Sheff Utd drew 1-1

Newcastle 94 pts
West Brom 92 pts
Sheff Utd 91pts

So just in the process of sorting out new players for next season, offered a contract to Joe Hart, agreed a £1.8m fee with Man City. Looking for RB, LB DM, AM RLC and ST.
Thinking of selling Ameobi, Lovenkrands, releasing Pancrate, **** and other various youngsters.

Will update now and again.

Last edited by a moderator: