Newcastle v Stoke - GMT 4:10pm, Sky Sports 1(HD)

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 3K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
Thread for the Newcastle v Stoke Premier League Match at St James Park.

View attachment 107745 View attachment 107783

Team News

Newcastle
Joey Barton, Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan and Hatem Ben Arfa were all named on the bench for the Stamford Bridge clash and will be expected to be handed recalls.
Ryan Taylor's influential display against Chelsea could see him keep his shirt, while two goals from Shola Ameobi will have grabbed Hughton's attention.
Tim Krul will continue in goal as Steve Harper faces a lengthy period out after undergoing shoulder surgery.

Stoke

Pulis will also recall his first choice players after giving them a rest in the midweek success over Fulham.
Thomas Sorensen looks set to return in goal, while Jermaine Pennant has recovered from a hamstring injury sufficiently to take his place in the squad.
Abdoulaye Faye and Jonathan Walters should also return to Pulis' side.

Possible starting XIs:

Newcastle: Krul, Perch, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique, Routledge, Barton, Nolan, Tiote, Carroll, Ben Arfa.

Stoke: Sorensen, Huth, Faye, Collins, Shawcross, Delap, Etherington, Pennant, Whitehead, Walters, Jones.

My prediction - 1-0

If Newcastle can stop Delap's long throws, that takes away Stoke's best weapon, and it should be a home win.

Streams -
Veetle - HERE
Stream - HERE

*please post other streams if you find them, and they can be added to list.*

CURRENT SCORE

Newcastle 1 - 2 Stoke​

Nolan(pen) 43'

Last edited by a moderator:
We should win, no doubt about that, but Stoke should never be underestimated. Huge game for Krul, firs tEPL game for him.

Kenwyne Jones is in great form and as you said, Krul is playing his first game in the EPL it could be a good game for Jones.

I'm going to say Newcastle 1-1 Stoke

I think Stoke will win 1-0. Maybe a Kenwyne goal.
Their team looks like it will be tough to break down. No Delap, so they will rely heavily on Etherington's crossing alot.

Kenwyne Jones is bound to score as he is ex Sunderland. The score will be 1-1 with Carroll scoring for Newcastle.

i reckon it could finish a draw
prediction
Newcastle 2 - 2 Stoke
Carrol , Ben Arfa K.Jones Huth;)

Half Time
Newcastle 1 - 0 Stoke​
- Nolan(pen)

Newcastle have dominated the first half, with Stoke barely getting any prolonged possession. Newcastle have not created any clear-cut chances, but did look very confident, keeping the ball from Stoke. Penalty was debatable, but Nolan scored it, making the score 1-0.

Half Time
Newcastle 1 - 0 Stoke​
- Nolan(pen)

Newcastle have dominated the first half, with Stoke barely getting any prolonged possession. Newcastle have not created any clear-cut chances, but did look very confident, keeping the ball from Stoke. Penalty was debatable, but Nolan scored it, making the score 1-0.
it was a needless bodycheck from shawcross. thats what happens when a side plays the man as much as they play the ball. Toon are playing very well though. Ben Arfa :wub:

I thought the penalty was clear cut.

it was a needless bodycheck from shawcross. thats what happens when a side plays the man as much as they play the ball. Toon are playing very well though. Ben Arfa :wub:

Yes, but those sort of penalties are not given often, as it was almost certainly going to be caught by Sorenson, but I won't complain about that mistake.:P

Stoke have found it hard to get the ball off us, Ben Arfa looks unstoppable when he gets going, and even Williamson has drove forward, nutmegging one, and slipping past another.

I thought the penalty was clear cut.

Debatable. Some will say clear cut, some will say 50/50

Yes, but those sort of penalties are not given often, as it was almost certainly going to be caught by Sorenson, but I won't complain about that mistake.:P

Stoke have found it hard to get the ball off us, Ben Arfa looks unstoppable when he gets going, and even Williamson has drove forward, nutmegging one, and slipping past another.

Debatable. Some will say clear cut, some will say 50/50
thats why i think it was so silly. keeper would have almost certainly got there, why commit the foul?

definate penalty and like Andy Gray said hugely similar to the Drogba one yesterday. All we ask for refs is consistancy.

Back