Newcastle v Stoke - GMT 4:10pm, Sky Sports 1(HD)

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 3K
perch has been dreadful 5 yellow cards in his first fir games constantly out of position, nightmarishly bad

Where's Alan Smith and Danny Guthrie? Injured?

And why's Nicky **** bald? XD

We should have won comfortably.

MISTAKES -

1 - Perch - He is not Premier League quality, and when Ryan Taylor performed so well at RB in mid-week, he should have started.

2 - Routledge - He ran with the ball a lot, but the final ball was never any good. Ben Arfa should have been on the right, giving him his opportunity to cut onto his left. Jonas should have been on the left from the beginning, as he looked very good when he came on.

3 - Ben Arfa sub - At that time, Ben Arfa was the best player on the pitch. Every time he got the ball, the team lifted, and he was direct, and Stoke rarely got the ball from him.

4 - Barton staying on for 90 mins - In the second half, Barton barely touched the ball. When that happens, you change the play. You take Barton off, bring someone else on.

5 - Tiote subbed - Tiote was the man holding the Stoke side at bay. He looked solid, cut out a lot of Stoke's play, and then played it forward. Simple effective football, and it worked. I understand Ameobi coming on, but Barton was the quiet one in CM.

6 - Ameobi on the bench - At times Ameobi destroyed Chelsea in midweek, scoring twice. Carroll barely touched the ball all game, and shouldn't have stayed on for the 90. My preference would be to play the player who scored 2 in midweek, not the forward who has not scored for thee weeks(3 games)

7 - Coloccini - Had a good game, but once Delap came on, I think he should have made way for Campbell. Coloccini is not an aerial defender, whereas Campbell is solid in the air. Coloccini was caught a few times when those throw-ins/corners/long balls entered the box.

Last edited:
Stu, Campbell wasn't on the bench, he was injured.

Agree with the rest tho, apart from Ameobi, I would always play Carroll ahead of him. Tiote had a solid game.

Stu, Campbell wasn't on the bench, he was injured.

Agree with the rest tho, apart from Ameobi, I would always play Carroll ahead of him. Tiote had a solid game.

Aah my bad, but you get my point on the Aerial threat.

Fair enough, but Carroll did not get into the game, and should not have played the 90. I personally would have brought on Ranger(who is full of confidence after his midweek performance), or Lovenkrands(a direct player, who would cause Stoke problems in a similar way to Benny)

I think moving Ben Arfa to the right, bringing on Jonas for Routledge on the left would have made the difference. I didn't agree with taking Ben Arfa off and this won't help us going to city next week, but ho hum, as unpredictable toon as ever

I think moving Ben Arfa to the right, bringing on Jonas for Routledge on the left would have made the difference. I didn't agree with taking Ben Arfa off and this won't help us going to city next week, but ho hum, as unpredictable toon as ever

That is what I would have done. ben Arfa on the right gives him the chance to cut inside onto his left, which is what he likes to do. I still feel that Ryan Taylor should have started, as Perch looks out of his depth, but, I see the ability in Perch to play at this level, but he is still not there yet.

That's more like it.

Thats not constructive to this thread is it?

****** ****. Get Perch off that pitch Hughton.

Saw the game. Must say Kenwyne was unlucky had 3 brilliant headers.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

All it takes is for a new signing to score an own goal and the fans hate him simultaneously

Devastating defeat for NUFC...... Again Perch should be sold, dropped, loaned.....anything but seeing him again on the field. Its 2 conescutive home defeats for NU. I hope its not the beginning of the END. Blackpool and Stock City are imo direct contenders for surviving in the PL as are other teams as well. And NU MUST win these kind of games. Nobody will say anything if they loose against Arsenal, Chelsea, but against BLACKPOOL, com on.... No disrespect.

I just don't understand why he was signed. He was never a regular at Nottingham Forest, a Championship club, then we go and sign him.

He is too shaky, too slow and too poor to play in the Premier League.

Hopefully Hughton read all our posts here and bring on Ryan Taylor instead of Perch in the next match against City. Taylor is deadly at freekicks as well. Routledge should be replaced with Jonas. So Jonas on the left and Ben Arfa on the right or vice versa.

Hopefully Hughton read all our posts here and bring on Ryan Taylor instead of Perch in the next match against City. Taylor is deadly at freekicks as well. Routledge should be replaced with Jonas. So Jonas on the left and Ben Arfa on the right or vice versa.

Agreed. I would like to see Jonas and Benny swapping sides throughout the game, as it makes them impossible to effectively mark. Taylor still needs to prove himself a little more for me, but to be fair, Perch was quite decent up until that point.
If he doesn't make the header, there was a Stoke player stood waiting for the tap-in. At least he tried to make the clearance. Perch has the ability and potential to be a PL right-back, but he is still not ready to play at this level.

Back