Dunkan

Reaction score
I've played FM since 2009, love it, and I tend to get into save games that go far beyond 2025, but one thing I still can't grasp properly is Newgens/Regens reaching their potential quicker, I know that certain players will grow at a certain rate, but i'm playing them every 2 or 3 games, and no improvements. I get players that are "The best of their generation" from my academy, but it's taken 7 seasons for this guy to even become half decent.

TL DR Basically I need any tips you guys have on helping players reach potential quicker.

Thanks for your attention and time. :D

Last edited:
Get someone with good mental stats to tutor them and try and play them in the last 20 mins of any game you think is already won by that time and play them in cup games.

keep him in the reserves or under 18's mentorship is always good. Maybe he has good stats but is a poor big time player. He may find all your games overwelming. Bring him in slowly and natur him like the son you always wanted

Also, just how soon do you want them to be ready? Seven years of development would mean they reach their best at 22-23, which sounds quite reasonable. It's hard to expect world class players at 20 all the time.

I think I have it, I didn't know what Junior Coaching was, I just never upgraded :( apparently this should help me.