Newly Promoted - Massive Wage Demands

coogan91

Reaction score
Hi all!

Weird question, I've taken Carlisle from League 2 to the Premier League in 3 seasons. By some miracle I was given a half decent transfer and wage budget but I'm finding that just before the premier league season is due to start (days away from first match) I'm having a couple of issues

Scout reports on signings and coach reports on my players still relate to championship level ability rather than premier league.

I'm getting massive wage demands from potential signings, players on less than £10K a week wanting for example north of £30K. Is this normal or is there a glitch following promotion?

Keen to know what everyone else is finding as I have championship teams beating me to signings even though I'm in the prem.

Thanks all :)

In my experience, players willing to come to your newly promoted team want higher than usual wages because your team reputation is relatively low. They understand relegation is a real possibility, so want to make hay while the sun shines, so to speak. Also expect relegation release clauses so they can bail if you go down again.

The Championship teams beating you to signings may have a higher rep than your team does. Try to be astute with your purchases and transfer any unused transfer budget to wages.

Buy players from second division sides in other countries like germany, wage demands are gonna be A LOT lower than trying to pry top championship talent away from the likes of west brom etc.

So annoying this I had a LB on 5k a week in Serie B on loan, we got promoted to Serie A he wants to sign.....for 28k a week!!!