noobito

Reaction score
I just got myself promoted to the prem as Leeds United and im looking to strengthen my team.My board set my goal to avoid relegation so im not expecting to beable to sign big names.My budget wouldnt allow it and judging my the little scouting i have done on players in the first few days the players wouldnt want to join me anyway.

I have 55 million budget but im only useing british players which is making signings difficult at this stage as most of the top british names wont join me yet.

I use 4-3-1-2 although i'm thinking about changing to 4-1-3-2 seeing as i need to avoid relegation.I see my defence as pretty strong for my position but my midfield is quite weak and my attack is lacking alittle when one of my main 2 are injured.I'll list my team anyway and hopefully someone can recommend a worthwhile signing (mainlly for DM/CM/AM or attack and maybe MR).

GK - Joe Hart (Paddy Kenny)
LB - Joe Mattock (Liam Rosenior)
CB - Steven Taylor/Micah Richards (Liam Ridgewell/ Matthew Kilgallon)
RB - Nedum Onuoha (Liam Rosenior or Richards)
LM - Stewart Downing (Stephen Hunt)
CM - Jack Collison (Michael Johnson)
RM - Jermaine Pennant (Stephen Ireland)
AM - Fabian Delph (no backup yet)
ST - Daniel Sturridge / Ched Evans (Ebanks-Blake / Kevin Doyle)

Kevin Doyle could be sold as i just got a offer from Fulham for 12 million for him, Ebanks-Blake also could be going for 10 million to Boro.Stephen Hunt is wanted by Villa for 6 million and i can offload Johnson too for 9 million but i'd rather sell the others as hes used alot more than them.

Depending on who i sell i could stretch to 75 million but ofcourse i dont wanna blow it all.As you can see i need another AM even if its just a decent backup.Need a DM or 2 if i change formations and a striker or 2 if i sell on Doyle and Ebanks-blake.Any recommendations would be helpful just so long as their british players.

Ashley Young, Emile Heskey and Joe Mattock only come to my mind that are good. Might try Micheal Owen and Beckham

Young wont join me this season he was first on my list to try and sign along with Agbonlahor neither of them will join me just now but next season i hope to bring them in.Want to bring Milner and Lennon back to Leeds too but Milner just signed for Arsenal so i cant get him and Lennon like the others wont join me yet.

Heskey i could sign but hes at Chelsea right now so might not leave but Pompy just went down and Crouch is only valued at 6 million and they need to sell him so if i want a big target man i could probably pick him up but im not sure how good he is.

Owen could join me hes only at Boro right now and not valued too high.Beckham wont leave LA galaxy though he wants to see his career out there.

Was looking at Carson or James as a sub keeper to replace Kenny both are in the championship now so i could pick them up cheap enough.Maybe pick up Carrick from Everton if he will join me and doesnt cost too much.Still struggling with the AM DM and ST though if Carrick wont join me.

Strikers with Prem Exp :
Carlton Cole
Peter Crouch
Dean Ashton
Andy Johnson
Bobby Zamora
Ishmael Miller
Jay Simpson
Kevin Davies
Michael Owen
Craig Bellamy

Hope this helps ;)

Managed to get Beckham to join me, Hes only got 2 seasons or so left in him but so far hes not doing too bad.4 goals 6 assists in 7 games his pace is letting me down abit but im playing alittle defencive so him and downing dont get forward much anyway.Signed James as a backup keeper.Signed Mark Noble for CM as Carrick wouldnt join me.

Looked up Wellbeck and Campbell from man u as backup ST's but neither were very good and neither wanted to join me anyway.Picked up John Fleck for 13.5 million and James Vaughan for 8.6 million both are much better than Sturridge and Evans.

Still looking for a strong DM, Currently useing Noble and Collison in CM neither of who are defencive players and away from home im struggling to contain there midfield.

Still 7 games in 6 wins 1 draw i guess they aint doing that badly right now.

I have Jack Wilshere, I use him as backup or a cup player right now due to him being more attack minded i cant really find a spot in my first team for him in the prem without weaking my defencive side of things.Cant play him left or right because i have Downing and Beckham who deliver great balls into my strikers which suits the direct style i use right now.

Should i find a decent DM i will probably switch him to to CM and have him going forward to support my front men but finding that DM who is british is proving very difficult right now.Noble doesnt do bad in that role but i would rather have a natural DM who i can count on.

At home im strong and winning games by 2-3 goals even picked up 4-1 over Chelsea and 3-0 over Liverpool but away from home im leaking goals like mad but still scoring.3-3 with West Brom and 3-4 win over Wolves really highlight my weakness away from home.

I've scored 28 goals in 10 games which for a newly promoted side is quite good i think, However i've let in 19 goals and only managed 2 clean sheets so far both coming at home.Should my strikers hit a bad patch my leaky defence is gonna put a big dent in my survival hopes.