Newly Promoted!

baggie-boii

Reaction score
Everytime i start with west brom, i easierly win the championship no problem... but when i get into the premiership, i can never make a great enough impact, but i buy a couple players... my question is, if you buy loads does it screw your team up because i always go for the youth who is highly rated by my scouts but when i play teams like wolves, sheff utd, sunderland i'm losing quite bad even this is my team;

GK - Scott Carson

DL - Jorge Ribeiro
DC- Jonas Ollson
DC - Nicolas Otamendi
DR - Giovanni Zuiverloon

ML - Chris Brunt
MC - Sambou Yatabare
MC - Graham Dorrans
MR - Valdamir Weiss

ST - Simon ***
ST - Chris Wood

Subs and Extras players;-
Valeri Bojinov
Luis Ernesto perez
Andwele Slory
Martin Petrov
Mariano Pernia
Mariano Pernia
Brian Sarmiento
Yohan Cabaye
David Beckham
Gonzalo Jara
Gabriel Tamas
Rodney Sneijder
Jose Manuel Velasquez

Now with this team, i would imagine that i would do great, but honestly im doing something wrong, and need someone to explain what i am doing wrong lol??

Last edited:
well tbh i cant see a problem with ur team with players like beckham and petrov who are experienced in prem and Weiss who is good

i agree with tommo its a good team with strenghth and depth maybe it your tactics??/?

Yes the Tactics are wrong for the prem you need to be more Defencive if you want to survive unless your the big teams but since your the Rated as the smaller teams i'd mabye play a 5-4-1? Or 4-4-2 With Counter attack on witch might work?

i get ya mate, thanks alot for your help, any other ways in helping, i'll be much appreciated :)

I would more or less agree with what Edwardb is saying, but from past experiance with taking Derby up to the prem after completely dominating the championship the first season playing a 3-1-2-1-3 formation, and sticking with it in the prem, after basically completly overhauling the Derby squad(the only one that remains is Miles Addison) I managed to finish my first season 3rd. Which I was actually gobsmacked by, destroyed any other team on goals scored, finished on 86 goals for.

So I wouldn't exactly say you need to be as defensive as you would think. I guess you should pick a tactic you want to play, and build your team around it, rather than building a tactic around the players you have.