mathllanber

Reaction score
View attachment 121559

July 1st, 2016

THE EXILES BRING IN NEW MANAGER

Newport County AFC are delighted to confirm the appointment of Mathew Roberts as first team manager. Following the departure of Warren Feeney last week, the Board of Directors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Mathew after talking to a number of candidates. Mathew will be presented to the media in a press conference tomorrow morning.

--------------------

July 2nd, 2016.

PRESS CONFERENCE

Steve Fitzgerald - Wales On Sunday:
Mr Roberts, welcome to Newport County, what are you're emotions right now?

Mathew Roberts: Happy, very very happy. I've had a good chat with the chairman and I believe that we can go a long way over the next couple of years.

Steve Fitzgerald - Wales On Sunday: Do you feel you're ambitions for the club are matched by the chairman?

Mathew Roberts: Absolutely, I have no doubt that the chairman has the club's best interest at heart and the fans are lucky enough to have such an ambitious chairman.

David Thomas - WalesOnline.co.uk: You've taken a step into management at the age of 24, could that be a struggle against the big characters in the dressing room?

Mathew Roberts: I don't think age is important, the best way to earn respect is win games and I'm confident we can do that.

Mike Lee - The Football League Paper: What are the aims for this season?

Mathew Roberts: Promotion. Win the league or the play-offs, as long as we'll be in League 1 next season.

That concludes the end of the press conference.

View attachment 121559