danthered

Banned
Reaction score
Notes: This Game Is Being Played Using StuW's Database Update.

Today, Dean Holdsworth annouced his retirement from football to spend more time with his family. The recently promoted Newport County have announced that young Welsh manager Daniel Bowen will be the man to replace him. This is Bowen's first job in football since playing for his local team at age 15. Can he handle the pressure?

Predicated Finishing Spot: 18th
Transfer Budget: £9K
Wage: £7k p/w

Key Players For The Season:

Paul Bignot (RB)
Chris Todd (CB)
Kerry Morgan (ST)

Updates Soon To Come

Bowen met the media today for the first time and he announced what he wishes to achieve this season.

When asked what his season aims are he responded with this:

"When you look at the team and the funds available, promotion is a far away target. It's possible but its also very possible to go back to where we were last season. I'll have to look to my existing players and maybe get a few players on loan. Who knows? If we manage to get the key players in we could be going up, but my target for this season is roughly to get to the playoffs"

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Pre-season fixtures announced:

Newport County vs Newport County Reserves 3-0 [Morgan x2 & Gilroy]
Newport County vs Bromsgrove
Newport County vs Newbridge
Newport County vs Nottingham Forest

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Two new signings!

Today Newport County met at the gates to welcome Nikola Andelic & Andrew Giallombardo from Norway and the USA. Andelic is a 5"10 CB and is a 5"8 MC.

Bowen had the following to say:

"Well, it's always nice to get the players that we worked so hard to sign. I believe these signings are the start to our campaign this season. These were both free transfers so there is still a transfer budget but I think that it will mostly be loads from here on in. I would like to welcome Nikola and Andrew to the club and the family here at Newport County"

Andelic & Giallombardo will have a chance to hit the ground running at Newport as they're first test is a friendly against Bromsgrove tommorow night.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Good luck.

Good luck, nice to see lowered league stories!

Newport County vs Bromsgrove
2-1
Charlie Henry(pen) & Morgan

Bit of a worrying result, Bromsgrove was a team we should've beaten comfortably.
The two signings played well. Another new member to this years team is Swansea Reserves Oliver Hewitt-Fisher on a season long long. He will hold the AMC role playing behind Swansea Reserves teammate Kerry Morgan.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

laptop battery was dying as i saved my game, loaded the game up and now its corrupted :( looks like i'm going back to my old save game (started unemployed now with olympiakos :D) but no stories till FM11 it looks like :( sorry guys :(