4CescFabregas

Reaction score
View attachment 193556

NextGen Series
I don't know if it possible to make for fm11, but if it is: anybody interested in making the NextGen Series (or called the baby champions league)? It's a new European competition for teams under 19. This is the site where you can find every information you need.

Some more information here:
  • Clubs are: Ajax, Aston Villa, Barcelona, Basel, Celtic, Fenerbahce, Inter Milan, Liverpool, Man City, Marseille, Molde FK, PSV, Rosenborg, Sporting Lisbon, Tottenham Hotspur and Wolfsburg;
  • 16 contenders; 4 groups;
  • Home + away fixture against each group member;
  • Fixtures/tables: The NextGen Series - Fixtures, Results & Tables
  • After group stages there will be a knock-out format, but each team will play 3 matches to determine final placing i.e. 1st to 8th (total 12 matches);
  • Each squad will consist of a maximum 18 players: 4 of the 7 substitutes included on the list (incl. goalkeeper) may be used at any time during the match;
  • In the knock-out format, when a mach isn't desided yet, extra time will follow and followed by a penalty shoot out if a decision still not reached.
  • Age category: All players must be born on or after January 1st 1993 although 3 players are allowed who are born on or after January 1st 1992.
  • Points System: 3 points for a win / 1 point for a draw / 0 points for a defeat. If two or more teams finish equal on points, the following criteria shall apply to determine their rankings or qualification for the next round:
  • better goal difference
  • greater number of goals scored
  • direct encounter
  • drawing lots
  • Disciplanary matters: Red card - expulsion: a player who is given a straight red card shall be suspended for the following 3 qualifying games. A player given 2 yellow cards and therefore sent off the field of play shall be suspended for the following qualifying game. Yellow card - official caution: a player who is given two yellow cards during the qualifying process shall be suspended for the next qualifying fixture.
So anyone interested or isn't it possible to make at all?

After we finished the work on LFCMarshall's Suárez update, I could try this. I always had the idea of some youth competitions.

After we finished the work on LFCMarshall's Suárez update, I could try this. I always had the idea of some youth competitions.

Allright mate, I have tried it, but I have no idea how to make it with the editor myself (and working ingame). But good luck with LFCMarshall's update!

Could you please write me 1-2 more youth tournies if you know? That Nike Cup, Puskás Suzuki Cup, I'll look at the format and decide which one, or more could be made. But I can't promise any success. :p

Could you please write me 1-2 more youth tournies if you know? That Nike Cup, Puskás Suzuki Cup, I'll look at the format and decide which one, or more could be made. But I can't promise any success. :p

Yeah I can search for some more cups, but NextGen is different mate. It is not just a cup, but more like a league of 6 months. As the website says:
"The NextGen Series heralds a thrilling new era in competitive football, featuring the next generation of world-class players who have been trained and nurtured by some of the greatest clubs in Europe.

The Tournament gives players and their clubs the chance to take part in a challenging 6-month international competition, culminating in a final to win the coveted NextGen Series Trophy. For young talentsThe NextGen Series represents the unique opportunity to experience all aspects of a competitive, large international tournament. The challenges they will be facing, like adapting to unfamiliar styles of play, prolonged periods of travel and “two match weeks”, will help them when making the transition to the first team.

For football fans the tournament is a great opportunity to watch young talents in the making and to experience the new football stars of the future."

Yeah I can search for some more cups, but NextGen is different mate. It is not just a cup, but more like a league of 6 months. As the website says:
"The NextGen Series heralds a thrilling new era in competitive football, featuring the next generation of world-class players who have been trained and nurtured by some of the greatest clubs in Europe.

The Tournament gives players and their clubs the chance to take part in a challenging 6-month international competition, culminating in a final to win the coveted NextGen Series Trophy. For young talentsThe NextGen Series represents the unique opportunity to experience all aspects of a competitive, large international tournament. The challenges they will be facing, like adapting to unfamiliar styles of play, prolonged periods of travel and “two match weeks”, will help them when making the transition to the first team.

For football fans the tournament is a great opportunity to watch young talents in the making and to experience the new football stars of the future."

Ahh, okay, didn't really read it, I'm watching now Atlético-Osasuna match. :p

haha okay then good luck again ;)

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Does anyone now how I can add competition rules, competition structure and schedules with the editor?

Allright mate, but my spanish isn't that great :p But I also tried it myself but I can't get it working ingame. Can anybody check this file for me with the editor (search for NextGen Series)? I also would like to see that the other teams that are defeated in the quarter finals play for place 5 untill 8. So can anyone help me with this. This is the file I have so far:

http://www.4shared.com/file/GvAZZwQH/The_NextGen_Series_-_Season_20.html

Thanks in advance!

Edit: btw ingame it gives this error; 'number of teams in Third Place Playoff of NextGen Series must be dividable by 2'

Last edited:
I've loaded this competition with Man U and I am enjoying it . Got a group with Inter, Lille and fenerbahce . Just played my first game and drew but it was really cool . Thank you . Up against Lille now, but they have hazard >.< grrrrr Update : I just realised there is one Major problem with this ,you'll face the senior teams for the countries of the teams that you do not load . For example If I don't load Turkey and I'm up against fenerbahce in the group stage or the latter part of the N.G.S I'll be facing their senior team . This just happened to me :\ I'm up against the likes of Volkan Demirel who is 29 .

Last edited:
@fcocapo: don't get me wrong, I do appreciate your effort and glad to see that people like your idee. But I actually wanted somebody to make the real competition for youth teams (under 18/under 19; differs per country) - with the original 16 teams - and that the matches don't appear in the first team schedule, but at the youth schedule. But is this possible to make? If anybody knows how, please help me with it or I would appreciate it if you could make it!

So, this is already made? I'm finished with LFCMarshall's updated.

So, this is already made? I'm finished with LFCMarshall's updated.

No, the original cup stil hasn't been made, fcocapo made a different version of it. So maybe you can make the real cup? Just with the official teams, cup structure, rules, etc. from the nextgen site. And finally that the matches don't appear in the first team schedule, but at the youth schedule?

Well, I can check if it's doable for me. You know, I'm a noob. :p So, I'll see it tomorrow.

I think once the competition is made, the U18 teams should be added, not the Senior Squad.

I think once the competition is made, the U18 teams should be added, not the Senior Squad.

Yes that's what I like to see! But I can't select any youth team with the editor. But hopefully somebody knows how to do it.