Nigel clough for the sack?

Reaction score
okay, asking for any of your views and who went derby vs scunthorpe?

Personally i think we should keep the guy seeing as we carn't afford to get rid of him or hire a replacement unless free transfer. I blame the awful backroom staff who cannot help the poor guy out-he needs a peter reid or jim smith type of person to help him out a little.

I dont think he will be sacked but i can see him leaving. In every interview he seems disgraced with the team

Clough is a good manager and turned things round last season. It's proven in the Championship that changing managers doesn't work and can make things worse. If players like Commons, Hulse and Savage start scoring and providing goals more then Derby will be fine and so will Clough.

Clough made a big jump from Burton and i'd say it's a work in progress,but i wouldn't be suprised f they were right up there in a few years. I don't know about his backroom,since i'm not a Derby fan so i'll take your word :p

but how can you go from 0-0 away to Newcastle to a drubbing like that at home

need to keep hold of Addison, Hulse and Commons

yeah i feel sorry for him beacuse people think he will be as good as his father was and i think tht is on his mind a bit

Dont watch alot of derby but is rob hulse really that that good? Because when ive actually seen him play hes awful like really really bad seriously.

hes derby best striker and scored 18 goals i think last season

Hulse turned down a £4m move to Middlesborough at the start of the season, Commons is always being talked about for a move. Addison may look to move to a bigger club.
The club needs some success to hold onto these top players

hes nothing special i prefer porter, although the goals hulse scores usually win us match like 2-1

im not a derby fan but i go to most home games and the last game i went too was the coventry game where hulse was immense but Addison will be hard to keep

to be honest the squad of derby isnt that great, such signings as jake buxton, paul dickov and ben pringle and even DJ campbell are simply not good enough, hes had injuries though so give the guy a chance, to be honest i can see him there for a while

Clough will make it in the end he just needs a bit of confidence. Great result for Scunthorpe though fallen in love with the club now that I made a story for them :D

thats derbys problem too man conference players like Buxton and pringle but Dickov works his socls off and is a fan favourite

Back