Nigel Reo-Coker comes in from the cold to captain Aston Villa

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2K
Him and Young both. Hope we get him tied up in one soon.

Not sure I agree. I rated Gardner, but he wouldn't be able to fill a holding role. When we sold him he wasn't playing particularly well, so we took the money and let him go which is fair enough.

Also, he's a bluenose and isn't half as good as his baby brother. Not even kidding: Gary is superb.
Na I don't mean as a holding midfielder, as more of a box to box player. Plus he's reasonably versatile compared to Sidwell. Never even seen his younger brother though, is he a centre midfielder also?

Na I don't mean as a holding midfielder, as more of a box to box player. Plus he's reasonably versatile compared to Sidwell. Never even seen his younger brother though, is he a centre midfielder also?

Agreed, he's be fine for a box-to-box role, problem is we're playing two dedicated destroyers and no box-to-boxers at the minute. And yeah, way more versatile than Steve, he could probably play on the wing if needed.

Gary's a central midfielder, but more defensively-minded than Craig. He's a jack of all trades defensive mid in a kind of Huddlestone mould, but faster, more aggressive and a fantastic tackler. Good passer, too, and the brain of a seasoned veteran. Inter recently tried signing him, if that's an indication of his potential. This all assumes he recovers from what is quite a serious injury, but I'm told he's making good progress.

Just thought it'd be interesting to read a few comments from 4 weeks ago:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f18/reo-coker-turns-down-sierra-leone-t48139.html

I have always liked Reo-coker and he is a good player and definatly has captain material in him because he was West Hams captain at one point. I would go as far as saying that at the moment i would rather see him at right back for England than Johnson.

Back