Nikica Jelavic - should he stay or go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko Dubrava

Reaction score
What is your opinion about him? Many Premiership clubs are interested for him. Of course that Rangers want to keep him, but money is money and Jelavic deserves all of that

Jelavic is Rangers' best player, would be good news for Celtic.

sell him and use the money for depth in the club

Croatian media almost every day write about his transfer in Liverpool or WBA.. I don't know is this true but would be good to see him in Premier League

Stay, he is overrated was good last season but has been very poor since Naismith got injured. Rogne had him in his back pocket for 90minutes on the 28th.

Although if he does got then his replacement is going to be Kris Boyd, O'Connor or Sandaza which amuses me. So either way im not fussed.

He is FANTASTIC! Jela and Prso upfront would have raped the SPL. A move to Liverpool or West Brom is inevitable, and we thank him for his service. I'm certain he will succeed in England.

He is FANTASTIC! Jela and Prso upfront would have raped the SPL. A move to Liverpool or West Brom is inevitable, and we thank him for his service. I'm certain he will succeed in England.

I think Newcastle may look at him, especially now that Ba's long-term future is up in the air. We have been linked, so there is a chance.

Go, clearly a very good player with a bright future. Ba and Jelavic up front at the toon

Sell him and use the money to buy someone good and not some old prem reject that will just lower the standards of the old firm and Scottish football. I heard they rejected 9mil bid in summer don't know if it was true because I wasn't paying much attention but anyway 9mil would be good, anything would be good if it would just be spent properly on buying players good enough for the Europa/Champions League and not players like ****** Ortiz and Aluko.

If he goes for over 5mil then there is something crazy in the water in England atm.

Only one goal from play in his last 7 SPL games and only 7 goals from play this season.

If he goes for over 5mil then there is something crazy in the water in England atm.

Only one goal from play in his last 7 SPL games and only 7 goals from play this season.

Not really. Rooney went 8 games with scoring. No doubting his class.

Jelavic is a talent and he will do well in the prem for someone like newcastle

For 5mil he can't be as bad as Andy Carroll.

When hes on form he rips teams in the SPL apart, but can he do it down south ? I don't think he'll be as good but he would still score goals
under 10 mill for sure, but well over 5 million i think
Rangers cant sell though, if they sell him they are left with David healy and are currently talking about signing sandaza from st johnstone .... facepalm

Still 7 goals all season from play all season isnt great considering the amount of chances he has had.
For 5mil he can't be as bad as Andy Carroll.
True that.

When hes on form he rips teams in the SPL apart, but can he do it down south ? I don't think he'll be as good but he would still score goals
under 10 mill for sure, but well over 5 million i think
Rangers cant sell though, if they sell him they are left with David healy and are currently talking about signing sandaza from st johnstone .... facepalm

How long is his contract?

Still 7 goals all season from play all season isnt great considering the amount of chances he has had.

True that.

players have dips, he'll be playing with much better players and much better service. he looks like he has the talent to really up his game, and seems to have the mentiality to want to push on. could be a big success down south

players have dips, he'll be playing with much better players and much better service. he looks like he has the talent to really up his game, and seems to have the mentiality to want to push on. could be a big success down south
He has 2 and half years left on his current deal.

He has been getting service though and has taken the most shots in the SPL iirc. He has the build for the prem but he has been poor this season (possibly as he wants to move) But it would be a risk for a team to pay much over 5mil for him when players like Jon Daly and Sandaza have scored more from play than him this season.

Fantastic??!! He is one of the most overrated players in Britain never mind Scotland and anyone who thinks that he is worth the £10m that is being bandied about is out their skull.

If he WAS worth £10m then Hooper would be worth MUCH more than that.

If Rangers sell him hardly any of the money would go into getting other players because of the huge debts they have PLUS they still owe Rapid Vienna the rest of his transfer fee. If Rangers get anyone it will be bargain basement signings like Aluko and Sandaza or loan signings. Plus I can't see Rangers getting much more players like Aluko, though, who are willing to pay for part of their OWN transfer fee :D

I think there is a massive difference between Rooney and Jelavic though.

That's like comparing Messi to Carroll.

Kris Boyd was a goal machine in the spl came to England and was *****. Haven't seen much of Jelavic though so can't really say if the same would happen to him or not.

Fantastic??!! He is one of the most overrated players in Britain never mind Scotland and anyone who thinks that he is worth the £10m that is being bandied about is out their skull.

If he WAS worth £10m then Hooper would be worth MUCH more than that.

If Rangers sell him hardly any of the money would go into getting other players because of the huge debts they have PLUS they still owe Rapid Vienna the rest of his transfer fee. If Rangers get anyone it will be bargain basement signings like Aluko and Sandaza or loan signings. Plus I can't see Rangers getting much more players like Aluko, though, who are willing to pay for part of their OWN transfer fee :D

I think there is a massive difference between Rooney and Jelavic though.

That's like comparing Messi to Carroll.

the comparison is about how players can have little dips, doesnt suddenly make them rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.