Nikica Jelavic - should he stay or go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how all the Celtic fans think he is rubbish. hmm.
Shay he has 15 goals this season. Believe it or not they count penalties, free-kicks and goals scored directly from corners. And the fact his form hasn't been it's best this season yet he has scored 15? just shows how much of a talent he really is.
Re Newcastle? Think it would be a good move for him playing along side Ba with service from Ben Arfa, Cabaye and co. Chelsea and Liverpool are keen allegedly so we'll see what happens.

the comparison is about how players can have little dips, doesnt suddenly make them rubbish

Yeh, all players DO have dips and I didn't say that it suddenly makes a player rubbish but let's be honest here - Rooney even in his worst dip is still better than Jelavic in his best form. Anyway I never rated Jelavic that highly in the first place. I'm not saying Jelavic is rubbish but he is definitely nowhere near as good as some people - and the press - are making him out to be.

In all competitions he scored 8 goals in 5 years for Hajduk Split; 3 in one season for Zulte Waregem; 40 in two years for Rapid Vienna (which, in all honesty, is a good ratio), and 34 in just over a season and a half for Rangers. This isn't the mark of a £10m striker. Heck, if some club paid £5m for him this month I'd still say that he was slightly overpriced. Rangers bought him for £4m from Rapid Vienna where he was having his best time yet in the last one and half years where he's not been as good he's suddenly a £10m player?! I don't think so.

Maybe he would take off in a different league - who knows (and I doubt it), but in my opinion he's a decent SPL player or Championship player at best. As a previous poster stated about Boyd - he scored a decent amount of league goals in Scotland (195 across all competitions) but has been Mr. Invisible since leaving Rangers (only 12 goals since summer of 2010). Are you saying that THAT'S a "little dip" as well? :D

Some people are believing the hype about Jelavic and in my opinion it's not warranted in the way they are believing it to be.

Shay he has 15 goals this season. Believe it or not they count penalties, free-kicks and goals scored directly from corners. And the fact his form hasn't been it's best this season yet he has scored 15? just shows how much of a talent he really is.
Re Newcastle? Think it would be a good move for him playing along side Ba with service from Ben Arfa, Cabaye and co. Chelsea and Liverpool are keen allegedly so we'll see what happens.

Funny how Rangers fans think that just because Jelavic scores only 10 goals in all competitions from open play so far this season he's worth £10m and is "fantastic."

Not all Celtic fans think he's rubbish either. A lot think he's decent but that is all he is - decent.

He may have scored 15 goals in all competitions this season so far BUT only 10 of those were from open play like I say. In other words he's needed 5 penalties to bring his tally up. Hooper has scored the same amount so far this season ALL from open play AND he was injured for a wee while too. So by that logic Hooper is worth a minimum of at least £10m as well then?! Somehow I don't think you'll believe that one yet you're quick to think that Jelavic is a "real talent."

Chelsea?? They have the likes of Torres, Drogba, Kalou, Mata & Sturridge and they are supposedly looking at bringing in Jelavic?
th_laughing-smiley-007.gif

Last edited:

Its not hard to score a peno unless you play for Celtic. If a team was looking for someone to convert penos they could get them for under 500k.

Hooper has got four less goals (no peno or frees) despite having 30shots less than him. So if Jelavic is worth 10mil Hoops is worth 20mil.

If Chelsea sign Jelavic I will buy you 3years worth of Premium membership. There is no chance he will move to Liverpool or Chelsea, dont believe everything you read.

Good player, could probably do the trick for a low mid table team in the prem, Newcastle would be pushing it IMO but he may just surprise me.

That said I think he should stay in Scotland at least until the end of the season. He'll be getting games week in week out and it'd help him book a striker spot at the euros.

really rate the guy. seems to have a lot of class, and think he would do well at the Toon.

sell him for good money, and buy a replacement for him.

if he is gunna go he should go to top 10 prem team no point in going lower rangers guaranteed to at least have a shot at european football each season so no point in not having a chance to play in europe IMO

Jelavic to Arsenal, :fuckyea: XD.

as far as i heard, Liverpool, NCastle, Qpr too are in for him.

For those that dont have an Evening Times subscription (everyone?) and dont know have my pro hacker skills (stop if half way into its loading)

[h=1]Nikica Jelavic's £50k pay shocker[/h]

• 1957375501.jpg
  • Nicika Jelavic on hold over switch

EXCLUSIVE by THOMAS JORDANShare
11 Jan 2012NIKICA JELAVIC faces an anxious wait to see if QPR’s new boss Mark Hughes will retain interest in him – with a potential £2.5million a year contract up for grabs.
SportTimes understands that representatives of Rangers’ Croatian star asset had agreed a £50,000-a-week contract for the striker to move to Loftus Road this month.
All that was left in order for the deal to happen was for QPR to strike an agreement with the Ibrox club over the transfer fee, with owner Craig Whyte slapping a £10m valuation on the head of the 26-year-old.
But as Jelavic’s people talked to the QPR hierarchy and attempted to put a deal in place, boss Neil Warnock was sacked at the start of the week.
Now, Hughes has been secured as his successor. And, with a new target man very high on the list of priorities – and a £40m transfer kitty from owner Tony Fernandes in place to keep QPR in the Premier League – it remains to be seen if Jelavic will remain a live target for Hughes.
Jelavic has already hinted London would be his preferred destination when he said: "It’s normal I am attracted to go to England, I have dreamed about playing there for years.
"If they (Rangers) sold me it would help to get rid of the debt they have accumulated for years, but nobody at the club has told me I must leave, though.
"It’s been quiet and I still have a contract with Rangers for another two-and-a-half years. It’s for the owners of the club to decide what will happen.
"But as far as I know, the club must repay its debts by a certain deadline. If I had to pick a city to go to, it would be London. It is a very interesting city."
Meanwhile, Rangers boss Ally McCoist has admitted the club has been keeping tabs on Spanish striker Javi Guerra.
The 27-year-old Real Valladolid hitman has scored 37 goals in 60 games for the Spanish Second Division outfit.
McCoist said: "I don’t like discussing other team’s players, but he’s very good. We’ve been watching a lot of games.
"Valladolid are going well in the second tier in Spanish football just now and he has been battering in all sorts of goals for them."
And Ibrox scout John Brown last night watched striker Jamie Vardy score twice for Conference side Fleetwood in a 4-1 win over Halifax.
Blackpool have already had a £750,000 bid rejected this month for the-24 year-old.

He was dreadful in the OF- young Rogne had him in his pocket the whole game, so if he struggles against a young defender in the SPL don't know how he'd cope with Premiership defences.

Yeah only 2 penalties guys 3 from corners. Goals from corners count right?

Wrong. Since the 29th Oct he has scored 7 goals - 6 in the league and one against Arbroath in the Scottish Cup. 4 of those 7 goals were penalties.

It's well known he was carrying an injury. One i'm convinced he still has.

So the only reason he was guff for the entire match was because of this supposed "injury"?! What an original excuse that is. He was owned that night by Rogne pure and simple. I'm actually surprised that Rogne didn't do his back in from carrying a 6ft 2 player around in his pocket all night.

If he goes to the EPL he will get chewed up and spat out by defenders like Ferdinand, Vidic, Agger, Carragher, Terry, Dunne, Toure etc.

The awkward moment when Sandaza turns Rangers down......

Guessing the replacement will be Kris Boyd then.

McCoist says the offer is on the table and Sandaza will mull it over this week. Don't believe a word Radio Clyde tell you.

McCoist says the offer is on the table and Sandaza will mull it over this week. Don't believe a word Radio Clyde tell you.

“Fran has told me he won’t be signing a pre-contract agreement with Rangers and I think that is the right call. I take the lad at face value. He isn’t stupid.”
Steve Lomas.

Two goals today!!!!!!

Madrid and Barca taking notice?

I'll bet they are with those two wonder strikes he had today. Price has probably just doubled.

Obviously never took long to mull it over as he's says he's not signing it.

Think Craig "billionaire" Whyte will need to find the key to the "warchest" so they can double Sandaza's wage offer.

why is so negative atmosphere here about Jelavic? oh right, those are celtic fans

Status
Not open for further replies.