Nintendo Revolution Controller

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
5066419196452620.JPG

Okay, after many (many, many) false starts, the Nintendo Revolution controller is finally here, in the flesh. And it looks kinda like one of those things you use to adjust your Posturpedic. It’s in two pieces, with a thumb controlled analog stick in one hand and a remore control-looking button controller in the other. The analog stick is actually a detachable part of the controller, and other attachments are going to be able to plug into the bottom of the main controller unit. The controller part acts like a mouse as you move it around in 3D space. So that’s it, people — whaddya think?

Shamefully stolen from - Engadget

Yeh i seen this earlier. Seems silly if you ask me, don't think it looks good either, all though the red makes it a bit nicer.

_40808728_nintendo_controller203.jpg

Never going to buy a nintendo revolution anyway. :p

Lee said:
Okay, after many (many, many) false starts, the Nintendo Revolution controller is finally here, in the flesh. And it looks kinda like one of those things you use to adjust your Posturpedic. It’s in two pieces, with a thumb controlled analog stick in one hand and a remore control-looking button controller in the other. The analog stick is actually a detachable part of the controller, and other attachments are going to be able to plug into the bottom of the main controller unit. The controller part acts like a mouse as you move it around in 3D space. So that’s it, people — whaddya think?

Shamefully stolen from - Engadget

And people said the PS3 controller was weird :D

How the **** can you use that?

It would be strange having to use to seperate hands. They must have done some sort of reserach and found that it was easier or something, or maybe they are just going down the keyboard and mouse route :D

Sean you use seperate hands in all controllers :p

I saw this yesterday, looks just like a remote control for a TV or somethnig, I cant wait to see how its going to work and how easy or hard it will be.

Jamie said:
Sean you use seperate hands in all controllers :p

I saw this yesterday, looks just like a remote control for a TV or somethnig, I cant wait to see how its going to work and how easy or hard it will be.
You know what I meant Jamie. As in hands not a few centimetres apart.

If they expect people to use this then they are going to have to have lots of demo machines dotted all over the place so that people can decide if it's good or not. Otherwise I can see alot of people being scared off by it.

Yep I curious about it but at the same time worried about how difficult it will be, maybe if the change isnt as sucessful as Nintendo believe it will be, we could see them re design the controller, as Xbox did.

That is worse than the PS3 controller. Its just not a proper controller is it.

I like the Playstation 3 controller, looks very comftorble.

Daire said:
why does'nt anyone like the PS3 controller

Most people don't like it as they see it as change and they would rather continue using the original controllers with the new PS3. There isnt much change really, just the fact the length of the "handles" has increased and it looks more sleak and stylish.

I might have brought a Revolution before, but i doubt i will if thats what the controller looks like.
I like how they're all going bluetooth though, but it will most likely give us all cancer in the long run.
To be honest i know that Nintendo will have loads of plans for this controller that will make the best use of it, but 3rd party developers will most likely steer clear of making Revolution exclusive games now.

Just watched a video of how you would use it to play certain games and it does look good fun but to be honest i'd rather have a controller.

I heard on the radio that there is mercury(or something of the sort) in it so all you have to do is point it upwards and the person in the game will aim,move,shoot etc. upwards

Yup it says that in the first post Daire, well it doesn't go into detail but mentions it. :)