NK Maribor - From Slovenia to a World Wide Force

LovanoFM

Reaction score
View attachment 618698

The aim of this story is to dominate Europe with Slovenian team NK Maribor. The club is already in the Champions League so that is something I don't need to achieve. Not seen many Slovenian regens so I will be hoping that we can find some gems along the journey.

Club Information

View attachment 367466

The club is already very good and boasts a 17.5 million estimated value. Predicted to finish 1st in the league so the only challenge should be in Europe.

Aims:

1) Win the Slovenian League
2) Win all Slovenian Cups
3) Win a European trophy
4) Become the best club in the world
5) Get a stadium named after me

i would prefer that you choosed some croatian club, but i will follow anyway :)

i would prefer that you choosed some croatian club, but i will follow anyway :)

Croatia was an option but it seemed to easy being someone like Dinamo. I don't know much about the other clubs so..

View attachment 618715

July

View attachment 367461

No players joined us and only one player going out as we sell Arghus for 130k.

Fixtures

View attachment 367458

A good start to the season as we win the Slovenian Super Cup with a 2-0 victory. We also started very well in the Champions League 2nd qualifying round with a 6-0 aggregate win against Cliftonville. We then played Red Bull Salzburg in the 3rd qualifying round and dominated them 5-1 in a game we should have lost!

League table

View attachment 367459

A decent start to the league winning all 3 games. Striker Fajic has impressed me a lot in the opening month!

View attachment 618805

August

View attachment 367418

A decent month of games which sees us not lose a single match. A very strong performance in the Champions League as we best Salzburg in the 2nd leg and then beat beat Malmo 6-2 on aggregate to advance into the Champions League group stage.

League table

View attachment 367416

Still unbeaten in the league after 8 games. 3 points clear of 2nd place Koper with a game in hand.

Champions League Group

View attachment 367412

A tough group to be in and we are seeded in 4th place so I am not expecting too much.

Scouting Range Upgrade

View attachment 367410

Our scouting range has been upgraded after our Champions League qualification run!

View attachment 619005

September

View attachment 367338

A great start to the Champions League campaign as we beat Sporting 4-1 in Slovenia. We suffer our first defeat in the league as we play a weakened side.A rocky performance in the Slovenian cup but we score a 119th minute winner to ensure our place in the 3rd round.

League table

View attachment 367337

Doing very well in the league which is expected considering how strong our team is compared to other teams in the league.

Nice start mate, great result against Sporting! What's your average attendance like in the league?

View attachment 619432

October

View attachment 367153

We played very well against Schalke but they scored a late goal in the 88th minute to secure the 3 points.We then played Olympiakos in a must win game and grinded out a 1-0 victory. Domination in the Slovenian Cup quarter finals beating Aluminij 5-0.

League table

View attachment 367152

The league is becoming very boring already and we are only in the first season. Europe is the only task in this save as I doubt any team can overtake us in the league season.

Champions League Group

View attachment 367151

Doing very well in the group only 1 point behind group leaders Schalke.

Good start, waiting for CL winner and LovanoFM stadium) Really destroying results, what tactic?

View attachment 619640

November

View attachment 367047

We advance into the Semi Finals of the Slovenian Cup with a 9-2 aggregate win over Aluminij. A decent point against Olympiakos and a great away victory against Sporting sees us qualify for the last 16!! 1 draw and 1 loss in the league as our team seems to play bad in the league and amazing in Europe.

League table

View attachment 367045

Despite the defeat in the league we are still 6 points clear of 2nd place Koper with a game in hand.

Champions League Group

View attachment 367044

A great performance in the Champions League sees us advance into the last 16 of the Champions League just behind Schalke.

We will be playing Ajax in the Last 16!!

View attachment 619878

February

View attachment 366953

A great victory in the 1st knockout round of the Champions League as we beat Ajax 3-1. We also played a testiomonial for one of the Zlate players which we won 4-1. A few friendly matches at the start of the month and nothing at all happened in January.

League table

View attachment 366946

10 points clear of Koper with a outstanding goal difference. The league is ours in my eyes as I can't see Koper bringing it back unless we lose lots of games.

View attachment 366944

The ajax game was a fantastic performance from our team so I thought I would show you the game overview. We dominated Ajax in all aspects of this game and gave us a 2 goal cushion going into the 2nd leg which will be played in Holland.

View attachment 620388

March

View attachment 366717

Nothing too special in our first youth intake but I will be keeping an eye on Basic who has 3 1/2* potential.

Fixtures

View attachment 366716

Another shock victory in the Champions League as we beat Ajax 5-2 on aggregate and move into the Champions League Quarter Finals!! Still going very strong in the league and for the seasons to come I think that the league will be a place to develop my regens and let the main team have a break.

League table

View attachment 366713

Nearly a +50 goal difference in the league which is amazing considering im using the same group of players game after game as the squad is relatively small. No matter how hard Koper try to get back into the title running we just keep dominating teams and extending the gap.

View attachment 620401

April

View attachment 366712

A very good performance away in Italy as we draw 1-1 with Juventus however when they came to Slovenia they dominated us from start to finish and won the tie 3-1 overall. 2nd place Koper dominated us in the league beating us 3-0 which surprised me and brought the players back down to earth. Despite the Koper defeat we continued to dominate other teams in the league and we got 7 out of a possible 9 points in the 3 games we played. We also played the Semi Finals of the Slovenian cup and beat Zavrc in the away leg.

League table

View attachment 366711

10 points clear of Koper with a few games to go.

View attachment 620472

May

View attachment 366682

We enter the Hall of Fame after our first season in charge.

View attachment 366681

Champions League football was expected and Champions League football was delivered!

Fixtures

View attachment 366680

We complete the treble as we win the league, Slovenian Cup and the Slovenian Super Cup!! Great start to the career at Maribor. Goals galore in our final league games as we show that we are not messing around heading into the second season.

League table

View attachment 366679

A very comfortable first season in charge of Maribor and the fans/board are delighted with my performance as manager. We dominated the league, Slovenian cup and the Super Cup. We also gave a very positive showing in the Champions League reaching the Quarter Finals!!