Braulio

Reaction score
Braulio takes his home country champions NK Maribor
View attachment 254049

First of all: This is my first Football Manager at all(been playing Fifa Manager before) and I am still a little lost, nevertheless I think this game rocks and I dont know why I didnt start playing it earlier.
I have been playing it less than a month so if I am doing anything wrong/or I could do better you can say. Any advice is welcome.
I hope you will enjoy.

Back to NK Maribor
Founded: 12 december 1960
Stadium: Ljudski vrt
Capacity: 12994
Winners: 13x Slovenian League
8x Slovenian Cup
4x Slovenian SuperCup
1x Yugoslavian Cup

So we begin. First day at work.
After mettings with board. assistant, staff and players it is clear - our goal is champions of Slovenia.

The stadium and training facilities are great. Club is worth 9,25m€.
Biggest rivals are Olimpija Ljubljana and NK Celje.
We are predicted to finish 1st.
We have been given 500k transfer budget and 16k in wages.
We will be looking for one first team Central Midfielder that can make great impact and one Central Forward for rotation.
Best players in my team are:
Aleš Mertelj - 1,3m€
View attachment 254046

Agim Ibraimi - 1,2m€
View attachment 254045

After few minutes of thinking we decided to play 4-1-4-1 DM wide formation. We will play attacking style against all opponents in 1. SNL and counter-attacking style in european qualifications against better teams.

As the June is slowly passing away we are allready pushing hard with training and friendly matches.
Friendly games:
NK Maribor - NK Maribor B
3 - 0

NK Maribor - Levski
0 - 1

NK Maribor - NK Aluminij
1 - 0

We have been playing well, even against Levski. We will soon become better team. I changed formation to 4-1-2-3 DM Wide.
Transfer market:
Players in:
Jani Curk - Youth team
Dino Hotic - Youth team
Bian Paul Sauperl - Youth team
Damjan Marjanovic - Youth team

Curk and Marjanovic will act as replacements foe departing Viler and Mendy respectively. Curk is LB while Marjanovic is LW. Hotic will strengthen central midfield, while Sauperl play as CF.

Player Out:
Jean-Phillipe Mendy -> En Avant Guingamp (600k)
{CF/LW}
View attachment 253986

Mitja Viler -> GNK Dinamo Zagreb (425k)
{LB}
View attachment 253985

Players on trial:
Rok Kronaveter
Pablo Ruiz

Rok Kronaveter is 27 years old Central Midfielder with great experience from Energie Cottbus where he played 30 games in 2 seasons. He seems like a decent player for rotation.

Pablo Ruiz is 32 years old Central defender with alot of experience from Liga Adelande where he played 130+ games in 7 seasons.

We are still hunting one first team Central Defender and one rotation Striker.

So here we are almost at the end of July. We are playing well and the results are also good. I wasnt happy with our friendly games, so I did few changes to tactics but i kept the same formation. Seems like it did good as we are playing very well since that. here are results.
Friendly games:
NK Maribor - Anderlecht
0 - 2

NK Maribor - Krymteplytsya
2 - 1

SuperCup:

NK Maribor - NK Gorica
2 - 0
View attachment 253906

League games:

NK Maribor - NK Olimpija Ljubljana
2 - 0

First game and allreday biggest Slovenian derby. I was a little bit nervous since preparations didnt go as I planned, but my players showed that that time has passed. We played great and after final whistle our stadium exploded.

View attachment 253905

NK Domžale - NK Maribor
2 - 2
Not the best game, actually i must be happy with draw since my team score equalizer in 89` minute.

NK Maribor - NK Rudar Velenje
3 - 0
Great show from our player, although I gave a chance to some younger player and they were brilliant. Well done.

Champions League Qualifications:

The New Saints - NK Maribor
0 - 1

NK Maribor - The New Saints
3 - 0
I was a little bit angry after first game - 27 shots but only one goal, nevertheless it was important win. In second game we showed different face after 2 goals in first half. This was 2nd round.

In next round our opponent is Celtic. Not the team I hoped for, but we will not surrender. I believe we can beat them, lets hope my players think similar.

I have been quite active on transfer market:
Players Out:
Arghus -> Toluca (500k)

Arghus was not in my plan as he was considered only 4th choice on CD and after such a good offer arrived I wasnt thinking alot.
View attachment 253898

Players In:
Rok Kronaveter - free
Denis Bajalica - free
Mario Gregurina - Loan

Rok Kronaveter played very well on trial and was offered a contract.
View attachment 253903

Denis Bajalica has showed some decent shows on trial and is considered as replacement for departing Arghus.
View attachment 253902

Mario Gregurina will strentghen our competition on Central Midfielder, he arrived on loan from Slaven Belupo with option to buy set at 60k.

View attachment 253900

Last edited:
Fantastic month is behind us. We are in the Champions League. It was hard, we bleed and it doesnt matter now because we made it!
View attachment 886003
We are IN!

League Games:
NK Koper - NK Maribor
1 - 1
With Koper we played good, we just couldnt score. Neverrtheless I have seen an improvment in game.

NK Maribor - NK Zavrc
3 - 1
Damijan Bohar smashed over Zavrc with hat-trick, with 67% of possesion we were never in danger of losing this game.

ND Gorica - NK Maribor
1 - 0
ND Gorica, team that we beat in SuperCup hammered us with late goal in 83` minute. In this game I gave chance to some younger players and they played well, but Gorica players were better.

NK Maribor - NK Radomlje
2 - 0
Back on track with safe win over Radomlje. Youngster Marjanovic scored his first with captain tavares adding second. Nice win.

League Table.
1. NK Koper - 19p
2. NK Krka - 16p
3. NK Maribor - 14p

Champions League Qualifications:

Celtic FC - NK Maribor
0 - 2
I decided to play defensive football. Only Tonev in their squad is worth more than whole NK Maribor. Even while I was playing defensive, my team was in control of game. Tavares and Mertelj scored amazing goals to bring smile on a face of all fans.

NK Maribor - Celtic FC
0 - 0
I knew that Celtic will attack so I decided to play same as first leg, defensive game. Celtic was attacking, but our goalkepper, veteran 36 years old Jasmin Handanovic was fantastic. Great game for us. We managed to go to next round, last round before group stage. And there was Steaua Bucaresti waiting for us.

FC Steaua - NK Maribor
1 - 0
I started the game with the sam tactic as versus Celtic. Well it didnt go well, Derviševic got red card in 13th minute and from there on Steaua was in complete control of the game. Luckily they managed to score only once, leaving us some hope for revenge in second game.

NK Maribor - NK Steaua
2 - 0
Fantastic win! We played absolutely great! With early goals from Ibraimi and Mertelj we were controling a game until late 80s when Steaua made few serious attempts but Handanovic was there to pick it up. We played without injured first team players Filipovic and N`Diaye while Derviševic was banned. That meant that young 19 years old Dino Hotic will make his debut, and he was great.
View attachment 253620
Party went on until early hours of next day. Yes it was a fantastic day for us!

Although my team is doing great I am still active on transfer market and looking to bring in new faces.
Players in:
Žiga Živko - youth team
Nik Lorbek - youth team

Player out:
Alen Ploj - Zadar (loan)
Robert Pusaver - Sencur (loan)
Denis Bajalica - Aluminij (loan)

Last edited:
Busy days in August!

Only 48 hours after winning against FC Steaua our team was playing against NK Celje. As most of our best players were tired alot of youngster were given a chance in this important, regional derby.

League games:
NK Maribor - NK Celje
2 - 0
Great win over regional rivals with important gols from youngsters Marjanovic and Zahovic(both 18 years). we climbed to a 2nd position in 1. SNL and we have no intention on stoping now.

There was a Boom in transfer activity, especially on the last day of transfer market. Many new faces were brouht to the team.

Championship Cup Group stage draw has been made and I didnt get as bad as I could group. I got next teams: Athletic Bilbao, Arsenal and Shakhtar Donetsk. Our goal is to climb to the 3rd positions and continue our European tour also in 2015. It will be hard, but I know we are capable of. To achieve this goal, some good players were brought to club.

Players In:
Mario Maloca - Hajduk Split (275k€)
View attachment 253611
Former 25 years old Hajduk captain played over 170 games for Hajduk in 7 seasons and wil fight for First line up positions with Šuler and Rajcevic. Quality signing.

Andrea Mutombo - free transfer
View attachment 253610
This 25 years old versatile player is expected to fight for first line up position at Central Midfielder with Rok Kronaveter. He can also play as AMC or RW/LW. Very good player.

Ermin Huseinbašic - free transfer
View attachment 253609
This young 20 years old winger can play on both sides as RW or LW and well get some decent minutes this season, but is more considered as Future signing.

Miguel Dominguez - free transfer
View attachment 253608
This 25 years old midfielder came in as backup for CM and DM positions. Cheap yet very experienced player with more than 100 games played for spanish 3rd league club CD Logrones.

Players out:
Anel Hajric - Malecnik (loan)
Brian Paul Sauperl - Krka (loan)
Vid Kobe Bjedov - Krško (loan)

Very busy last few hours of transfer market with player coming and going out of the NK Maribor. Overall I am happy with player brought in although I had few other compact players on my radar (Lassad, F. Adu, T. Phibel), but due to financial restrictions I wasnt able to land their signature. Nevertheless this team is capable of winning Slovenian League and Slovenian Cup and can also make strong impact in Champions League.

Team for 2014/2015 season wil look like:
GK: Jasmin Handanovic, Matko Obradovic
LB: Erik Janža, Jani Curk
CD: Aleksandar Rajcevic, Marko Šuler, Mario Maloca, Damjan Vukliševic
RB: Petar Stojanovic, Aleš Mejac
DM: Željko Filipovic, Amir Derviševic, Dino Hotic, Nik Lorbek
CM: Aleš Mertelj, Rok Kronaveter, Andrea Mutombo, Welle N`Diaye, Miguel Dominguez, Mario Gregurina
LW: Agim Ibraimi, Marko Damjanovic, (Ermin Huseinbašic)
RW: Sintayehu Sallalich, Damjan Bohar, (Ermin Huseinbašic)
ST: Marcos Tavares, Luka Zahovic, Dalibor Volaš

Last edited:
Good so far well done. Keep it up. Maybe add a few screen shots from the bigger matches like the champions league games.

Good so far well done. Keep it up. Maybe add a few screen shots from the bigger matches like the champions league games.

Yeah there is that =) I encountered a little problem =) How do you make a screen shot? Because if I press prtSc it screens my desktop =)

Remeber The Titans!

Behind us is fantastic month. September 2014 will be remembered as one of the best months ever.
Now lets look what makes this month so special.

1. SNL
(9th round)
NK Krka - NK Maribor
0 - 3

Kronaveter 31`
Mutombo 54`
Zahovic 83`

Probably a derby of the round. 2nd Maribor versus 3rd Krka. We anticipated hard game, but our team was just to motivated. We quickly sweeped the field and scored 3 nice goals. Mutombo made 1.SNL debut coming in in 47` minute replacing Mertelj and scored. Young Zahovic finished the job in 83` minute.

Champions League Group D, Game 1

Athletic Bilbao - NK Maribor
1 - 1
Rajcevic (og) 70`
Tavares 77`

I expected harsh game and I was right. I decided to play defensive as I knew that Athletic is very strong. Host team was controling the ball and the game, but failed to score in 1st half. In second half there was different Maribor on the pitch. My player were attacking, we played nice football. We also scored first goal, unfortunately in our net. Nevertheless my players didnt surrender, it was our captain Tavares, who brought us back into game with great goal in 77` minute. We played brilliant and I was proud on my boys.
View attachment 253294
Yeah, our players were really happy after scoring an equalizer!

1. SNL
(10. round)

NK Olimpija - NK Maribor
0 - 3

Šuler 7`
Mertelj 41`
Dervisevic 49`

After great game in Champions League there was no time to rest. We played against NK Olimpija, our fiercest enemies. My team again showed great quality and after 1st half we were allready 2 goals ahead. In second half some younger players recieved few minutes to se what an atmosphere is in such an important game. Great win!
View attachment 253292
It was very hot during the game, thanks to our brilliant fans!

Slovenia Cup
(2nd round)

Aluminij - NK Maribor
1 - 1
*2 - 2* AET
11 - 12
(after penalties)

Mutombo 29`
Cesar 87`
Zahovic 109`
Nunic 116`

As we were playing with a club from second league I decided to give a chance to some younger players. Seems like I was underestimating strenght of Aluminij and I almost got burnt. My team made alot of mistakes and Aluminij players were smart enough to take them. After nervous and long streak of penalties, Alimuminij`s defender Loncarevic missed and we won.

1. SNL
(11. round)

3 - 1

Ibraimi 19`
Tavares 38`
Bajde 79`
Tavares 85`

Important win for Maribor to keep our win streak last. We are currently on 5 games and have no intention on stoping. We played very well against Rudar. Great win for us after which we climbed on 1. position in 1.SNL.

Champions League Group D, Game 2

NK Maribor - Arsenal FC
1 - 1

Tavares 6`
Welbeck 45`

Another great performance from my players. I started with defensive line ups as ussual in Champins League. In first 10 minutes we controled the game, had few opportunities and scored in 6` minute. Great pass from Mertelj to Tavares who scored from close range. After that goal Arsenal went into complete offensive. They made many opportunities but our goalkepper, Handanovic was incredibile. Nevertheless after many tries they managed to score. It was Welbeck, with nice goal after great pass from Veratti.
ARsenal offensive continued in second half. They made some serious opportunities, but Handanovic was unbeatable. Another great show from my team, Arsenal players wont sleep nice after so many missed open shots.
View attachment 253287
4 shots versus 27 shots. =)

Although it is september I managed to sell another player. Apparently transfer market lasts longer in Slovakia.

Players out:

Dalibor Volas -> Slovan Bratislava (200k€)

View attachment 253286

27 years old striker was not in my plans for this season. Due to great plays from Tavares (8 goals) and young Zahovic (2 goals) he didnt play any games. When Slovan send me such a good offer I didnt hesitate alot. I accepted the offer and I will also recieve 30% of next transfer fee.

Great month is behind us, lets hope for even better in the future!

Last edited:
Great start! Did you check Julienne? He might be great for Maribor.

Great start! Did you check Julienne? He might be great for Maribor.

Yes I did. Unforunately at the start of the season I had to buy at least 2 first team Central Midfielders and one Defender. And there went most of my wage budget. In first line up i had some great ofensive players(Ibraimi-1,3m€; Sallalich-1,1m€; Tavares-1m€). I offered him a trail and after a week where he showed as a great guy for rotation i offered him contract. Unfortunately he asked for wage around 1,8k/week which is over my wage budget. I could sign him as key player, but he would be only a substitution and would be big anchor on my wages. Plus I have a very talented young attacker Zahovic(18years: 2gaols) that is knocking on first team and I decided to give him a chance.

Following, its nice to see some variety, I like England/Spain but I also like seeing different clubs ;)

Winter is coming!

October was good month, but it wasnt as good as september.

1. SNL
(game 12)

NK Maribor - NK Zavrc
3 - 0

Kronaveter 19`
Ibraimi 49`
Maloca 82`

Nothing else but victory was expected from this game. We played good, but I could sense that our form is in decline as we missed many open shots. Anyway good win and important 3 points.

1. SNL
(game 13)

NK Maribor - FC Koper
1 - 1

Tavares 43`
Hadzibulic 57`

We played with our only cometitor for Slovenian champions. Koper played strong defence with fast counter attacks. We managed to score at the end of first half. In second half we played bad, its like we were sleeping. Hadzibulic saw a mistake and he took it. 1 - 1 and Koper is stil following us 2 points behind.

Champions League Group D, Game 3

NK Maribor - Shakhtar Donetsk
2 - 2

Vrsic 5`
Luiz Adriano 17`
Tavares 72`
Luiz Adriano 78`
View attachment 252998

Great game! My team played fantastic. We managed to lead twice in the game, but Adriano was jus unstopable. Anyway great performance from my players. We played without key players Janza, Filipovic and Mertelj

1. SNL
(game 14)

ND Gorica - NK Maribor
1 - 1

Arcon 7`
Vrsic 12`

ND Gorica, our bogey team. They defeated us in first game, we barely played a draw in second. All that with a team that is 9th in league(10 teams all together). Not a god day for Maribor.

Slovenian Cup, Quarter finals

NK Kranj - NK Maribor
0 - 3

Marjanovic 18`
Zahovic 34`
Kramaric 79`

As we played with third league side I decided to give chance to players that dont play much. They played very good, but the best thing is that young, 16 years old Kramaric scored his first senior goal for Maribor on his debut for first team. Great job kid!

1. SNL
(game 14)

NK Maribor - NK Krka
1 - 0

Kronaveter 22`

Not the best game I have seen from my team, but at the end only thing that coounts are 3 important points.

Champions League Group D, Game 4

Shakhtar Donetsk - NK Maribor
5 - 1

Saul 6`
Douglas Costa 7`
Luiz Adriano 27`
Kronaveter 42`
Luiz Adriano 68`
Fred 72`
View attachment 252974

Before I started with champions league I prepared myself for games like this. But after fantastic 3 games, this harsh defeat came like a storm from clear sky. Nevertheless I have to admit I am proud on my team. As total underdogs we managed to get 3 points in 4 games and we are still in the game for potential 2nd place and for our goal, 3rd plays and European League. About the game, Luiz Adriano was a "beast". He was absolutely brilliant. We played defensive and were mainly pushed on our side 90 minutes.

View attachment 252973
Although we were heavily defeated by Shakhtar, our fantastic fans never gave up on us. They kept on singing for 90 minutes and they even outsing Shkahtar fans. Yes, they are the best fans and we are proud to have them on board!

Due to great financial injection by our team participating in Champions League (8,7m€ for qualificating + 500k for every draw) we decided to lenghten contracts to some of our important players.

Last edited:
European dreams set to continue!

1. SNL

Game 15

NK Maribor - NK Radomlje
2 - 0

Zahovic 23`
Vrsic 54`

Game 16

NK Celje - NK Maribor
0 - 4

Sallalich 7`
Kronaveter 19`
Suler 41`
Mertelj 67`

View attachment 252429
Celje fought bravely but we were just to strong!

Game 17

NK Maribor - NK Olimpija
4 - 0

Tavares 13`
Suler 17`
Vrsic 54`
Sallalich 81`

View attachment 252431
Ofcourse our fans were pleased as we smashed our fiercest rivals!

Game 18

NK Domzale - NK Maribor
1 - 2

Ibraimi 17`
Tavares 41`
Eterovic 51`

Game 19

NK Maribor - NK Domzale
4 - 2

Ibraimi 16`
Podlogar 39`
Ibraimi 49`
Korun 71`
Ibraimi 78`
N`Diaye 92`
View attachment 252434

Game 20

1 - 0

Vrsic 54`

Slovenian Cup, Quarter Finals, Second leg

NK Kranj - NK Maribor
0 - 1

Vokic 71`

First senior goal on his first senior game for Vokic(18 years).

Champions League Group D, Game 5

NK Maribor - Athletic Bilbao
1 - 0

Tavares 63`
View attachment 252433

Historical win for my players!
View attachment 252432

Our fans proved once again that they are the best!

Champions League Group D, Game 6

Arsenal FC - NK Maribor
4 - 0

Walcott 17`
Arteta 33`
Walcott 51`
Walcott 54`
View attachment 252428

Bad day for my guys. Nevertheless we are 3rd and we continue into European League playoffs. Good job!

Nice one on getting 3rd in the group. What you aiming from from the Europa Lg? 1/4s Semi's or Final maybe.

January says bie!

Nothing much happened in January.
Slovenian League is on winter holidays, with next game coming on 7th March versus FC Koper.
In Euroleague 1st knockout round draw gave me strong opponent - Schalke FC.
Games will be played on 19. and 26. February.
Until then I am preparing, training hard and playing friendly games.

Friendly Games
NK Maribor - NK Sencur
4 - 0

Tavares 22`
Maloca 26`
Tavares 39`
Mertelj 58`

Great performance versus 9th in Second League(out of 10). Klemen Nemanic and Robert Pusaver, young players on loan in Sencur played decent game, both starting in first 11.

NK Maribor - NK Krizevci
4 - 0

Ibraimi 22`
Ibraimi 40`
Ibraimi 61`
Marjanovic 77`

Another good performance versus croatian third league participant. Great hat-trick from Ibraimi and nice goal from his replacement young Marjanovic.

View attachment 251738

Players in:

Paulo Machado - 375k€ (GNK Dinamo Zagreb)
View attachment 251737

Big signing for Maribor!
Maribor have signed experienced Machado who played over 120 games in Ligue 1 for Toulouse FC and AS Sant-Etienne, more than 50 games for Olympiakos and has also add 6 appearances for Portugese national team.
He last played for Dinamo, appearing in 17 games and adding 1 goal and 1 assist. Quality signing!

Klemen Nemanic - 30k€ (Interblock)

This young 17 years old, very talented right back is player for future. AFter he was bought, he was immediately loaned to Second league side Sencur FC:

Ed - free transfer

This young and skillful 21 years old right back showe some good plays on trial. We signed him and immediately loaned him to Aluminij FC.

Igor Mostarlic - free transfer
View attachment 251735

This experienced 31 years old striker spend most of its career netting goals in Slovenian and Croatian second league. In his last season he played for Croatian third league team where he score 21 goals in 16 matches. He signed until end of season with option for one more season. He will boost our attack options.

Players out:
Welle N`Diaye - 350k€ Al-Sadd
View attachment 251734

N`Diaye played only 7 games in first half of season adding 1 goal. After souch a good offer arrived I wasnt thinking much.

Miguel Dominguez -> Angers SCO (free)
View attachment 251658

Dominguez struggled with injuries and only managed to play 3 games. After Machado arrival he became aware that his time in Maribor ended and asked to be trasnfered.

Klemen Nemanic -> Sencur (loan)
Ed -> Aluminij (loan)
Rok Sirk -> Malecnik (loan)
Ermin Huseinbasic -> Aluminij (loan)
Dejan Vokic -> Krka (loan)
Nik Lorbek -> Koper FC (loan)

Last edited:
Nice one on getting 3rd in the group. What you aiming from from the Europa Lg? 1/4s Semi's or Final maybe.

Actually my goal was 2nd or 3rd place in Group. Now everything on is just reward for good job. Reallistically looking I will be probably thrown out by Schalke. But I wish I could throw them out and continue into quarter finals. But that are some high hopes.
If we just check something - Players of NK Maribor are worth 12,7m€ all together. In Schalke only Draxler is worth 17,5m€. =)

European dreams end.

Before playing against Schalke I set up few friendly games to get us ready

Friendly games

NK Maribor - Sparta Prague
2 - 3

Michal 31`
Tavares 31`
Michal 38`
Ibraimi 44`
Michal 52`

View attachment 251435

We played a game against serious opponent to tes us before SChalke. Hat-trick from Michal and I was not impressed with our show.

NK Maribor - NK Hrvatski Dragovoljac
2 - 0

Kronaveter 47`
Vrsic 81`

Very bad first half against Croatian second league side. In 2nd half we showed other face and won it.

NK Maribor - Deutschlandsberger SC
3 - 0

Ibraimi 1`
Ibraimi 38`
Vrsic 77`

Well played against Austrian third league club.

European League, 1st knockout stage, Game 1

NK Maribor - Schalke Gelsenkirchen
0 - 0

View attachment 251434

Great show from my players especially our kepper Handanovic.

European League, 1st knockout stage, Game 2

Schalke Gelsenkirchen - NK Maribor
4 - 1

Vrsic 4`
Huntelaar 26`
Matip 45`
Draxler 67`
Aythan 86`

View attachment 251432

We took the lead but later made too much mistakes to take it into next stage. Anyway I am proud on my boys for fighting until the end.

We played both matches against Schalke withou our latest reinforcement MAchado and also without Janza & Mutombo.

1. SNL

Game 20
FC Koper - NK Maribor
1 - 2

Hadzic (og) 12`
Rajcevic 37`
Hadzibulic 90`

Win against only competitor for 1st place in 1. SNL will help us heal our wound left by defeat against Schalke. We are now on safe 5 points ahead of FC Koper.