NK Zargreb - Na?e vrijeme dominirati (Our time to dominate)!

TamMcCann

Reaction score
160px-NK_Zagreb.svg.png

Nogometni klub Zagreb

Nogometni klub Zagreb (commonly known as NK Zargreb) are a Croatian football club from the Croatian capital of Zargreb, playing for the first time in Croatian Second Football League in their history since the establishment of Croatian First League in 1992 and its 22 Seasons in top flight after which they were relegated at the end of the 2012-13 season by finishing bottom of the league with only 6 wins out of 33 league games.

The club was found in 1903. Its colours are white and red. NK Zargreb's home since 1945 is the Stadion u Kranjcevicevoj with reduced capacity of 8,850. The nickname of the Club is "The Poets".

So far, NK Zargreb has won the Croatian Football Championship only once, in season 2001-02 which was for the first time and only team out with Dinamo Zargreb or Hajduk Split since the league was formed back in 1992. NK Zargreb participated several times in European Competitions like UEFA Champions League twice and the UEFA Cup Winners Cup four times.

Now everyone has an insight of the Club I'm going to try and turn around there recent troubles and Dominate Croatian Football with them, I'm going to post up THREE Croatian Footballing Legends and you's can vote on who should to take the Club back to the top and onto bigger and better things!

Davor Suker! Anyway love the Croatian league as i like to build Dinamo into a bit of a force in Europe but that was when they had the likes of Jedvaj, Lovren, Badelj, Mandzukic and so forth! Havent looked at them this year, good luck will be a struggle to break the big twos dominance.

dario_simic_2006_06_18.jpg

Dario Simic

Dario Simic was a versitile defender who played full back, center back or sweeper. A product of Dinamo Zargreb he later played for Serie A giants Inter and Ac Milan and also French cracks Monaco before returning to Dinamo Zargreb in 2010, where he retired from the game during the Same year.

Simic was the fourth most capped player for Croatia having won a total of 100 international caps from 1996 to 2008. He was a member of Croatia's squad in all six major tournaments they qualified for during the 1990s and 2000s.

------------------------------------------

BOBAN_ZVONIMIR_jpg.jpg

Zvonimir Boban

Zvonimir Boban was a midfielder who started at Dinamo Zargreb but played most of his Career in Italy with Big guns Ac Milan with whom he won four Serie A and one Champions League titles. He then had loan spells with Bari and Celta Vigo in Spain before retiring in 2002.

Boban was capped 51 times for Croatia from 1990 to 1999 scoring 12 goals, he also captained the team to third place in the 1998 FIFA World Cup.

------------------------------------------

suker%20http---24.media.tumblr.com-tumblr_lilvsrNm9c1qaw51oo1_500.jpg

Davor Suker

Davor Suker was a striker who started out at Osijek where he played 90 times scoring 41 goals before moving to Dinamo Zargreb in 1989 where he spent 2 seasons there scoring 34 goals in 60 games for the club before the moving to Spanish team Sevilla. He continued to bang in the goals by scoring an
impressive 76 times in 153 games which earned him a move to the giants who are Real Madrid! Suker spent 3 seasons at Madrid scoring 38 times in 86 games. He then had spells with Arsenal, West Ham and 1860 Munich scoring another 15 times in 58 games for his respective clubs.

Suker had a great reputation within his country and represented Croatia 69 times, scoring 45 times.

So there you have it people. I will start the Save tomorrow at some point so get voting and let me know who should get the Job!

Boban for me!! He was a quality, clever player and feel he'd bring those talents to manage Zagreb. (H)

Definitely suker if not alen boksic :)

Thanks mate but I'll stick to the three I have although I agree Boksic was no doubt one of the best players Croatia has ever produced.

03-p14609-03-398h.jpg

NK Zargreb's new Manager Announced
(later today)

NK Zargreb chairman Drazen Medic has today announced that the Club will be naming the man to lead them back to the top tier of Croatian Football. Earlier he said "This appointment is a very big statement, a statement to show that we will not settle for second best anymore, our fans deserve much better. After last Seasons disgrace we are determined to bounce back straight away and when we do we want to dominate Croatian Football and I firmly believe the man we have chosen will certainly help us achieve our goal".

Many see Medic as being delusional as NK Zargreb do not have the financial wealth as well as the playing squad like Dinamo Zargreb and Hajduk Split. They two teams have dominated and it seems to many they will continue to do so.

Only time will tell...

nk_dinamo_zagreb_92_by_nkdz1911-d3rg28s.jpg

Dinamo are so dominant

Going to unveil the Manager in a couple of hours. I think to make it more interesting I'll take everyone's choice of manager on board if the person really stands out!...who should I go?!

Davor-%C5%A0uker.jpg

NK Zargreb net Croatian Legend Davor Suker as Manager!

N
K Zargreb chairman today announced that former Dinamo Zargreb and Real Madrid striker Davor Suker will be the man to lead NK Zargreb back to the top of Croatian Football. Rumours are that Suker has signed a 2 year Contract with the club and is looking forward to getting stuck in what will be his first coaching role in Football.

There has been mixed emotions throughout the Zargreb community, with one fan stating that although Davor Suker should NOT be manager saying "He (Davor Suker) wore the jersey of Dinamo, he wore the scarf and flag of Dinamo! Get him out!" Another fan said "I'm delighted to see Davor as our manager, he is a legend of the Country and I can't praise the board enought by pulling of this great coup for the club, bring on the success!"

Davor Suker earlier has this statement to say :

"I just want to say that I'm very proud to be NK Zargreb's manager, I hope to bring the success the board wants and the fans deserve. Last year wasn't the best of years for us so I'll be looking to implement my knowledge and experience to the boys and hopefully that will see us back to the top tier where we belong. I done my homework before I came here and some of the young lads we have here have got mass potential so I will be looking to guide them in the right direction to make them World Class players as well as make this Club a team to be feared!"

osijek__pehar_356698S1.jpg

NK Zagreb have successful Pre Season

Davor Suker's Zagreb finished up there Pre Season campaign with a convincing 4-1 win against BSK Zmaj. There was plenty of positives to pick from but the best result was no doubt the 2-0 victory against Greek giants Panathinaikos. Out of seven Pre Seasons Zagreb won five and losing two with the two being Top tier Croatian side Osijek although Suker's boys came back from being 2-0 down but the match ended up 3-2 and the other defeat was against Turkish opposition Eskisehirspor which finished 2-0 but on another day Zagreb could have won the match.

Here are the results :

View attachment 448856View attachment 448855View attachment 448854View attachment 448853View attachment 448852View attachment 448851View attachment 448850

-----------------------------------------

32138.jpg

Claudio Rivalta
Age - 35
Position - CB
Fee - Free Agent

Italian defender will bring a wealth of experience and leadership to the young squad having played for Atalanta, Torino and was also capped under 21 level with Italy. He was signed on a 2year Contract.

rnk_split15-130611.jpg

Marko Povrzenic
Age - 29
Position - LB
Fee - Free Agent

Former Vinogradar Left back will also bring a wealth of know how especially in this League. Povrzenic will be a danger going forward as well as play a crucial role at the back.

LuissintOostende.jpg

Xavier Luissint
Age - 29
Position - RB
Fee - Loan from Oostende

Former Saint Etienne youth Player Luissint will bring more bite to the defence, he is a similar type of player to Povrzenic and will look to bomb forward to help aid attacks as well as keep solid at the back.

Jurica_Vranjes_683334.jpg

Jurica Vranjes
Age - 33
Position - CM
Fee - Free Agent

What a coup for the Club! Yes Vranjes is now 33 but he has played for top German clubs such as Bayer Leverkusen, VFB Sttutgart and Weder Bremen. He is another player who will add extra strength and knowledge into our squad, he is a work horse who will give 110% every game and no doubt will be crucial to our chances of Promotion.

MarioCarevic-Hinkel_V.jpg

Mario Carevic
Age - 31
Position - AML
Fee - Free Agent

Another top class player who will bring excitement to the club and is sure to have fans on the edge of there seats! Carevic has played for a host of great teams such as VFB Stuttgart and Hajduk Split so his experince will help develop the younger stars around him.

babic_2.jpg

Marko Babic
Age - 32
Position - LM
Fee - Free Agent

Babic is yet another great player we have brought to the Club. He was capped 49 times for Croatia and has played for the likes of Betis and Zaragoza. He will be vital for us this year too.

large_451091.jpg

Bosko Balaban
Age - 34
Position - ST
Fee - Free Agent

Despite his age well known Striker Balaban is another coup for the Club and by bringing him in should give everyone a lift at the Club. This man has been and done it all before so he knows what is expected, I expect him to score many goals this Season!

MatijaSmrekarNKVarteksCropix3333V.jpg

Matija Smrekar
Age - 24
Position - ST
Fee - Free Agent

Maybe not as well known as some of the players brought to the Club but I believe this lad will bring just as much to the Club as the rest. He was last at NK Maribor and I have a feeling they will regret letting him go. Watch this space!

View attachment 448818View attachment 448817View attachment 448816View attachment 448815View attachment 448814View attachment 448813View attachment 448812View attachment 448811

I wanted to just get all of this posted up guys. I won't always post up like this, just want to get started on my season! Hope everyone will follow!

suker_davor_430452S1.jpg

Davor Suker makes flying start!

If there were any doubt's on how Suker and his boys would fair this Season then if the first month is anything to go by then they have sure silenced there critics with dazzling performances this Month.

Here are the results :

View attachment 448807NK Zagreb 5-1 LuckoView attachment 448805

What a great start we made today! A brace from talented Winger Besart Abdurahimi and experienced Striker Bosko Balaban also with a great solo effort from Mario Carevic helped wrap up a convincing win for Suker's first game in charge.

135px-NK_Dugopolje.gif
Dugopolje 1-2 NK ZagrebView attachment 448807

This time out it was a tight affair against a well organised Dugopolje side but we chipped away and eventually got a solid win. Things started well when young central midfielder Vedran Jerkovic but Dugopolje pegged it back to 1-1 when Drazen Bagaric scored a well placed shot from 20 yards to the delight of the home crowd and that's the way it stayed at half time.

Second half Zagreb came out and put pressure on the home side and eventually it paid off when Mario Carevic scored a wonderful chip on 65 minutes which sent the away fans home happy with a hard earned 3 points.

View attachment 448807NK Zagreb 5-0 SolinView attachment 448799

Another home game and another 5 goals for the fans to cheer about! Solin were totally outplayed today and would have been glad to hear the ref end the game. Young midfielder Kenan Handzic got Zagreb off to a flyer by scoring on 4 minutes then the on form Mario Carevic made it 2-0 on the 10 minute mark and it did not stop there, 3 minutes later Exciting winger Besart Abdurahimi scored a great long range effort and it stayed that way until the second half when on 54 minutes Italian defender Claudio Rivalta scored from a corner to make it 4-0 then shortly after Bosko Balaban finished off the rout on 64 minutes by scoring a well placed penalty after he was brought down by the Solin number 3 who just summed up Solin's overall display today!

View attachment 448807NK Zagreb 4-2 PomoracView attachment 448784

NK Zagreb continue there fine form with another good win against a decent Pomorac side. Pomorac were the first to score to send them into a shock 1-0 lead after Siklic sent a flying header past the helpless Zagreb keeper. Zagreb replied a minute later through youngster Filip Krovinovic (a goal which became goal of the month) who scored a superb solo goal after beating two opponents then hitting a powerful effort which went into the top hand left corner of the net! Zagreb striker Smrekar then helped himself to a brace before Mario Ceravic yet again popped up to score Zagreb's fourth goal as well as his fourth of the Season to round off a good victory for The Poets.

View attachment 448770View attachment 448769View attachment 448768View attachment 448767

--------------------------------------------------------

League Standings

View attachment 448771

We can't get ahead of ourselves yet but what a great month we have just had! Sitting top, four points clear already which is great!

Monthly Awards

View attachment 448755View attachment 448754View attachment 448753

Well what can I say, we won Goal of the Month, Player of the month and Manager of the Month! It just sums up our Month, brilliant!

Other Info

View attachment 448748View attachment 448747View attachment 448746View attachment 448745

So in the next round of the Croatian Cup we have an away tie against lower league Belisce, a tie which I believe we should win! I'll also be keeping an eye on how Dinamo and Hajduk do as I wouldn't mind squaring up against one of them!

I also wanted to show off Three of my younger players whom are playing just as an important role as the older players I've brought in. I really feel they will improve a lot over the next year or two especially winger Besart Abdurahimi.

NEXT UPDATE TOMORROW!

20020510davor.jpg

Please close this story. Sorry for those who were following, I just don't have the interest levels to continue to do a story on Zagreb to be honest. Sorry again.