No budget, stadium falling apart...any tips?

BenditoLFC

Reaction score
Been manager of Stevenage for about a year, finished half a season with them and now into the 3rd season of the game. Problem i've got is for every transfer window i've had my budget is remaining at 0k and wage at 25k.

Only have a small squad, 21 players which includes 4 who are currently in on loan. How do i even begin to turn the clubs finances around? Finished 5th the previous season but none of the prize money comes my way and the stadium has had a stand closed due to "health & safety".

I'm actually worried about getting promoted as a few players have a 25% wage increase if that happens and i doubt there'll be any money for transfers...oooh the horror :[

It looks like first off, you need to stop being so generous with your contract negotiations if you think that too many players look like getting a 25% increase, and as for those who do have that clause, maybe look to offload them and replace with similar/better players? That's a big ask, I know, and also risky during the middle of the season if you're going to bring in new players who need to gel..

Get pre season friendlies against premier league teams. Will get you around 80k for each game.

Try go on a cup run. With Grimsby I got arsenal away in the fa cup and i got around 300k for it.

I arranged friendlies for my reserves when they had a 14 day gap between matches. 2 friendlies in each gap, in New Zealand, Australia and Cook Islands.

Like this thread; http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/lower-league-managers/49812-llm-big-money-without-cheating.html

I managed to squeeze 36 friendlies in leaving a 3-4 day gap between fixtures. Each friendly brings in £18k so £648k in a year. You could be greedy and do the same with the u18's and a couple each month with the first team to rake it in.