krujap777

Reaction score
I am currently playing a game with Farnborough, hoping to gain promotion but failing with mid-table finishes the last 2 seasons.

My problem is that my team has no consistency, and although they have the quality to finish in the top 5, they bounce back and forth between winning streaks and losing streaks.

I start every season with at least a 5 game winning streak, only to spiral downwards after suffering my first loss and beginning a losing streak that's just as long. Eventually I'll be able to dig my way out and suddenly my team will be scoring 3 to 5 goals a game against top opposition. The cycle will repeat and I will eventually crash and burn again. These trends are keeping me mid-table!!

I can provide screenshots if requested. Some quick facts that I can update with more info if people ask:

-Medium training levels
-No unhappy players, although Morale shoots up and down based on team performance obviously.
-Media and Teamtalk seem to be the main suspects
-Good (high) team harmony

I'd also like to add.. please don't suggest looking at Wolfsong's team talk guide or something like that. I've tried it and although I'm sure it works for a number of people's games, they have never worked for me. I like to follow my own process and it's not perfect, but I try to avoid other players teamtalk "systems" because I feel every game is different. Of course any questions or tips for team talk advice is appreciated.

My first advice would of been teamtalks but obviously as you stated its not working etc. Although i would suggest often checking your assistant's feedback on teamtalks often.

So my main advice would be (depending on your team depth/quantity that is) that you keep low morale players out the team until their morale picks up or play them in the last couple of minutes or so in a winning game.

Private chats are also a good way to keep morale i have found in my game. :)

could you post screens of yours squad and formation,and also a screen of some games that you lost and some that you won please.That would be helpful!

Check out my thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/lower-league-managers/77321-formula-success.html

If you follow the principles outlined here you should succeed. Regardless of what team and in what league, I always follow the same set routine and it always works for me. I'm not an expert like some but I do regularly succeed in the lower league's because I keep it simple and try not to overcomplicate things.

I've come to realise that team talks are such an important part of the game and getting them right is crucial to minimise losing streaks and overconfidence.

You say you've tried wolfgang's team talks and its not worked which is interesting. If I were you I'd take a step back and try and identify the reason for your team's inconsistency...

Is it your tactic - Are you using an overly complex tactic made for higher reputation teams, or is it your own tactic that needs overhauling?

Is it your players - In the coach report do they have inconsistency as a weakness? Do your players have the right stats for your tactic?

Is it your training - Is it too intense causing too much fatigue? Have you rested your players now and again between matches to avoid exhaustion.

Is it you - Are you being too harsh, not harsh enough, giving the wrong pre-match/half-time/post match teamtalks? When a player underperforms do you say privately to him that his performance was unacceptable?

The reason for inconsistency can be any one of a number of reasons. It sounds to me that something is broken somewhere. Try pinpointing the issue and if you can't I'd suggest picking a new tactic that's proven in the lower league, buying or loaning the correct players for that tactic even if it means selling off most of your players and ensuring your have as best a coaching staff as you can.

Good luck

Mcbgun