Crackertime

Reaction score
I have just begun playing the 2011 version of Football manager and have noticed that there are not pictures for any players - real or generated. Can anyone help so that I can get at least generated pictures? Have I installed it incorrectly?

I have just installed and started a new game of FM2011 on my new laptop. It has no player faces or no crests whatsoever and on my last laptop FM2011 worked perfectly fine. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

have you downlaods any extra graphics that don't work if they don't work deltet them also install new patch if you dont already ahver it

dont do this if u installed it using steam

I have it installed using steam and had it installed via steam on my old laptop. It doesn't even have the little jerseys beside the players on the tactics screen.

Thanks FM1063, I am not sure I understand what you are saying - are you saying we can't use any addition logo/facepack/kit downloads on FM11? Can anyone else add to this as I am no closer to getting it resolved.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

BTW - I have just removed the graphics I added which were logos mostly, and reloaded the skin to see if any faces (regen or real) appeared to no avail...I realise it isn't the biggest deal but it adds to the experience of playing this game and would love to get it working properly. Any help is appreciated.

have you downlaods any extra graphics that don't work if they don't work deltet them also install new patch if you dont already ahver it

dont do this if u installed it using steam

Come again..?

Thanks FM1063, I am not sure I understand what you are saying - are you saying we can't use any addition logo/facepack/kit downloads on FM11? Can anyone else add to this as I am no closer to getting it resolved.

Have you checked under preferences? There is an option, under 'display and sound' I think, called 'Show pictures' and there should be three options - real, real and generated, generated. Choose real and generated and untick 'Use skin cache' and tick 'Always reload skin on confirm'.

Yeah have done that, all is in order there and still no joy...I have added graphics (logos mostly) and whilst I doubt that is the problem as logos/kits etc are being loaded by most players of FM11 I wonder if that might be an issue?

The generated faces should be there but I had an issue when updating the Mega Facepack. I had accidentally put a folder with the updates not the image files in the same folder with the faces and then I lost all faces from the game. Removing that folder cured it.

Where are you putting your graphics folders? In your documents or in the STEAM folder?

I have my logos saved in a 'graphics' folder in my documents which is how I hav done it in previous versions, but have only used STEAM for FM10 and this 2011 version...

Does that shed any light? I have checked again and have no generated faces at all.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:36 PM ----------

Still having absolutely no joy - I have uninstalled and reinstalled - this time not through Steam and still have no generated faces at all in the game. Is there anyone out there that can be of assistance? I am at the point where I just want to pack the game up and move on as am not getting anywhere fast with this.

Weird, if they're in your graphics folder, fm11, sports interactive in your documents it should be working. I had absolutely no trouble copying my previous face/logopacks.

It's not any facepack or logos I am having a problem loading - it is the generated faces that are not showing up at all - just the default black silouette for anyone without a picture from the facepack. Unfort this includes all the youngsters and regens coming through which is what is getting frustrating as it is a pretty cool feature that SI have created but I cant get them to show up no matter what I try. Just a black silouette as I said before. Ideas?