No hockey thread?

Vanjagl

Premium
Reaction score
Well, i think it should be one. Ice hockey is fun sport to watch and it's not as 'boring' as other 'American' sports for us European.
Is anyone watching WOG in Sochi? Finland won over pretty much Russian dream-team. 3-1 was the final result. In semi-final game there is possibility that Canada, possible the strongest team that was ever part of WOG with amazing Sidney Crosby who's, in my opinion, only second to great Gretzky, is facing strong American side. It should be battle against North America since Czech Republic and Latvia aren't strong as Canada and 'Merica. In the other semi, we have European/Scandinavian derby - Finland vs Sweden.

So, who's going to win the tournament? Canada arguably has the strongest team, USA doesn't have A-tim, but their players are all very good. Finland already lost to Canada in overtime, and it was pretty luck, so they might have a shot as well. Sweden have experienced veterans in Sedin and Alfredsson, I'm not that familiar with Lativa and Czech players outside guys who plays in NHL, but they are not that strong anyway.

My bet is Canada. Crosby will probably end his carrier as best ever hockey player, and they have amazing squad all around. Finland to win silver and USA bronze.

Despite being an interesting subject, this is one of the most retarded thread titles I have ever seen.

So hockey, well, I must to say that I am a big fan of Aleksandr Ovechkin. And I go with Canada too.

And ya, the title is a... Well, you know.:p

Ovechkin is hockeys Gerd Muller. Amazing goal per game ratio, poor overall play. But one **** of a player, he simply HAS to score, or something like that :D

As expected, we have European and North American semi-finals, Canada-USA and Finland-Sweden. Canada - Latvia was really good game, with Canadians to score goal 5 minutes before end of the game. 2-1 was the final score. USA had easy game beating Czech Republic 5-2. Game (Finalnd-Sweden) is scheduled tomorrow 12.00h. CAN-USA is scheduled later, 17.00h for you in GB.