Reggaezal

Reaction score
Hey guys ive been looking around and i realise that since 10.3 came out its been relatively difficult to find/make a decent 4-4-2 tactic anymore. I have been working my brains out but there has'nt been any way to make an extraordinary 4-4-2 tactic. If you have any 4-4-2 tactics that need testing, or if you have any good 4-4-2 tactics id be more than happy to test/ use it. Thanks.

Hey guys ive been looking around and i realise that since 10.3 came out its been relatively difficult to find/make a decent 4-4-2 tactic anymore. I have been working my brains out but there has'nt been any way to make an extraordinary 4-4-2 tactic. If you have any 4-4-2 tactics that need testing, or if you have any good 4-4-2 tactics id be more than happy to test/ use it. Thanks.

I made a tactic which i used with Burton Albion, but it wasn't really in depth, it was 4-4-2 and counter and got me promoted via play-offs, never really used the tactic anymore, you've just got to get the balance of what role's suir the players, then concentrate on the formation..

Its pretty well known in the FM community that its really hard to make really good winger tactics (especially 442) with the wizard for 10.3. Also successful narrow tactics seem easy to make, especially ones with 3 strikers. Hopefully it will be addressed for FM11.

I have a 4-4-2 tactic which I kept to myself which I made whilst recover from my operation. Which is not too bad. Gives you quite a lot of clear cut chances, well for me it does.

4-4-2 (or 4-2-2-2) with AML/AMR inside forwards works well for me

I agree with you, only succesful tactics ive made are narrow 4-3-3 and a 4-3-1-2 formation.

i dunno, ive made some pretty good 4-4-2 tactics, better than my 1 striker formations

Im not saying there impossible to make, just difficult, more difficult than narrow tactics.

Im not saying there impossible to make, just difficult, more difficult than narrow tactics.
lol maybe its just me then, but i find it harder to make 1 striker formations :S

Yea, with every update the formation advantages change. for example in 09 the Assymetrical tactic was like a gift from god, then in 2010 it became pretty average. Thanks guys, i did find a few and i downloaded it, looking into your profiles now to download your 4-4-2 tactics.

i think the hardest to get right is a fluid 4-2-3-1, but i have made one and celtic have got to the CL semis and won everything in scotland, easily

nothing to do with one striker, just narrow tactics, like 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3, 3-3-1-3
that may be it then, i like widemen. SI said a while back over on the SI forums that they are looking to sort out wideplay for FM11

Thats because 4-4-2 sucks, its old school and does not work anymore, no protection in front of the defence and not enough support for the strikers. Along with the fact that crosses into the box are a waste of time on Football Manager unless you have Zigic and Crouch up front lol. I use a 4-2-3-1 formation with 3 AMC players behind Ibrahimovic, it works amazing but then the players I have are insane lol.

Thats because 4-4-2 sucks, its old school and does not work anymore, no protection in front of the defence and not enough support for the strikers. Along with the fact that crosses into the box are a waste of time on Football Manager unless you have Zigic and Crouch up front lol. I use a 4-2-3-1 formation with 3 AMC players behind Ibrahimovic, it works amazing but then the players I have are insane lol.
we're talking about the game, not real life.

that may be it then, i like widemen. SI said a while back over on the SI forums that they are looking to sort out wideplay for FM11

Amen to that. In FM most of the crosses end up being snuffed out by just 1 or 2 strikers, in real life however you have oncoming central midfielders or the opposite flank's wideman dropping into the box. try as i might it doesnt work out in 2010, hopefully it works in 2011.

Mine is quite good, but I not released to the site, because I'm still self testing it. But it does give a number of clear cut chances, shots and possession. I'm still working on the defensive part though.