NorthanMonkee

Reaction score
attachment.php

badgeq.png

Trouble At Leicester

It has been reported by the FA that Leicester City have been struck with administration and face a 10 point penalty before the new 2009/10 season has even started. The new campaign is just 2 months away and this news could not have come at a worse time.

The new manager Paulo Sousa has not spent much on improving his team over the summer months so far and this points a finger as to why, barely even getting his feet under the table before this bombshell broke out in the Sunday papers.
4d5fe8b1-43b1-48f7-a3ed-525a38708284.JPG

Chairman Milan Mandric didnt have much to say on the subject but he urged fans and reporters that he was looking into all possibilities in regards to turning this club around and making sure any fines are avoided. "This team needs to find investment and fast, all avenues are being explored and nothing is stopping our focus on getting back into the premiership"

Speculation is rife with what the club will do and what the club are looking into to turn their fortunes around but the FA have advised that if no solution is found within the next 7 days, sanctions will be put in place.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

headerzc.png

Consortium To Save Leicester?

It has been widely reported in the media recently that many ex-Leicester players have been meeting at the clubs offices to thrash out talks regarding saving Leicester City Football Club.

The consortium that is headed by non other than Match Of The Day host Gary Lineker, has been spotted meeting 3 times over the past 4 days to discuss the clubs future and how he and the band of players brought together can take Leicester City out of administration and furthermore bank roll the team and their manager into the most coveted of spots, the Premier League.

One reporter managed to catch up with Gary Lineker outside of his local shopping centre where he was asked about the rumours; Gary had the following to say, "Well what can I say, when we saw that a club that we had played for and loved was in trouble, we got together to thrash out details about a possible takeover or at the very least offer the club the financial backing it so deserves, nothing is final and no figures are ready to be released but we should have an answer from Milan (Mandric) by the end of tomorrow"

2184FD08-D1F9-916D-8668A88EF9A03AB6_100x100.jpg
-
205_a.jpg
-
2560_100_100.jpg
-
208_a.jpg

The consortium consists of Gary Lineker, Tim Flowers, Muzzy Izzet, & Gordon Banks (pictured above) with sources of unknown funding. There has been no speculation so far on the safety of newly appointed, Paulo Sousa's position and as such alot at The Walkers Stadium is hanging in the balance

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:30 PM ----------

attachment.php

Lineker In, Sousa Out

Wholesale Changes At Leicester As Consortium Take Over

In shock scenes outside of The Walkers Stadium, fans gather in their thousands to catch a glimpse of the new regime taking over the reigns at Leicester City. Reports have been gathering pace over the past 24 hours when it was confirmed that Gary and his consortium had successfully negotiated the financial take over and leaked reports about the wholesale changes taking place within the dynamics of the championship club.

As Gary Lineker took his place among his peers for his scheduled press conference, he looked a mix of both happiness and anticipation. As the press conference began, Gary began to explain his love for this club and how it had created his career. "I cant bare to think of a club that means so much to me, and the guys sat at this table in front of you, disappear in financial ruin. Every club is facing its own problems - but this just so happens to be our club and a club we deem worth fighting for"

150px-Leicester02.png
1010494%5fsmall.jpg

A New Era Begins...

Gary went on to explain that in the many meetings that had taken place over the past week, many of the consortium had said that, no disrespect to the current manager Paulo Sousa, they would infact want one of the the group to take over the reigns as manager, it then transpired that Gary himself would hang up his MOTD boots and take his place on the sidelines for The Foxes, Gary also announced that Tim Flowers would be his assistant in this new venture.

"What of MOTD Gary?" "Well, having spoken to the BBC bosses, they can understand the venture we are all undertaking and I am saddened to announce that I have sat in the chair at MOTD as host for the last time, they are two jobs that cant be mutually beneficial to each other and therefore I need to focus all my mind on the job ahead" It was on that note that Gary proudly led 3 Leicester City players into the conference sporting new kits for the forthcoming season - 3 strips that are to be sponsored by BBC Sport.

leicesterhome.png
leicesteraway.png
leicesterthird.png

"As we are having a new beginning with Leicester City, the consortium decided that they would also want new kits for the season and within many of the meetings over MOTD, they had mentioned that however sad they were to see me go, they would love to do what they could help out and that is how these new kits and sponsors came about. Now one thing I can confess to is having nothing to do with the design itself, that I left fully in Nikes hands - and they go on sale this Monday.

As the press conference wound down, there were a few feverish questions thrown in about the future and what Gary planned to do...

"1st thing is 1st, we need to establish a transfer budget for the season ahead and then Tim & I need to sit down and assess which players we think can strengthen the club, taking it to the next level. But that will all follow in the next few days and weeks"

With that Gary & his team got up, thanking everyone for their questions and their time and they walked behind and back into the heart of The Walkers Stadium. What will become of LCFC? How will they fare with a new set up and a new man at the helm, whom lets not forget, comes to this club with no prior experience. Will Leicester Fox Trot it to the premiership or shrivel and crisp into League One? Only time will tell

Very nice opening and layout I'll follow

Many thanks - hopefully good times are ahead! :)

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

header2h.png

Leicester Open The Doors

Its not taken long for new Leicester City manager to get the cheque book open from his reported £8m transfer kitty. Here we take a look at the new faces that will be gracing The Walkers Stadium this season...

Africa Shocks

vincent-enyeama.l.jpg
rigobert_song.jpg
15848.jpg

Vincent Eneyaema - £1.1m, Rigobert Song - Free, George Elokobi - £1m
Leicester sure up their back line with this African trio - Vincent who will look to take his place in between the sticks, while Rigobert & George will vie for central defence & left full back respectively.

Footballtransfers.co.uk Transfer Rating - 5 Star * * * * *
-
We think the capture of world cup veterans such as Vincent & Rigobert will only prove valid captures for the new Leicester boss and he is obviously flexing his contacts within the industry to bring the best he can to his new club.

Domestic Delight

1631.jpg
393_a.jpg
adam-hammill.jpg
324_a.jpg

Tamir Cohen - £600k, Richard Eckersley - £2m, Adam Hammill - £1.8m, Gary O'Connor - Free
Leicester make sure they add some flair and creativity to their midfield with the introduction of Tamir & Adam, some much needed depth to defence with Richard and in Gary they have a Scottish international with a wealth of experience

Footballtransfers.co.uk Transfer Rating - 3 Star * * *

We feel that these players need to prove alot before they even step onto the pitch, nothing more than the price tag they arrive with. I feel there will be some question marks hanging over these players heads and also that of the manager.

All Loaned Out

vaughan.png
5eec2445610186.gif
16050.jpg

James Vaughan - Loan, Darren Gibson - Loan, Danny Rose - Loan
3 players brought in from premiership sides Everton, Manchester United & Tottenham for a season long loan

Footballtransfer.co.uk Transfer Rating - 5 Star * * * * *

I feel with these 3 loan signings, the manager has excelled, these 3 players are players with huge potential and I think these arrangements can only benefit all clubs in question. The big question being, will they want to stay after 1 season

Overall, I think Gary Lineker has shown a lot of flexibility in transfer market for what is his very 1st outing. He has managed "whealer dealer" moves for the shoestring budget, allowing him to flex the clubs small financial advantage over that of their rivals, but signing the likes of Eckersley & Hammill. Not every player signed is as a sure thing as others in my books, but we will leave Mr Lineker to pick his squad now and kick off his Leicester campaign

Last edited:
ha ha like the op class idea good luck i defo follow this :)

cheers pkr_jkr - will update tomorrow how the season started. Got a great way to reveal the match results.

Anyone got any other comments or suggestions as to what they would like to see? I know it is early days etc

cheers pkr_jkr - will update tomorrow how the season started. Got a great way to reveal the match results.

Anyone got any other comments or suggestions as to what they would like to see? I know it is early days etc

i keep a close eye for your update .

header3a.png

motdl.png

Hello there, and welcome to a new monthly spot on the BBC with myself Alan Hansen and my colleague here Alan Shearer, "Hello".

It has not been 2 minutes it seems our beloved host Gary made the leap from the BBC couches to the dug out of The Walkers Stadium and with a month under his belt in the N-Power Championship, we thought we would take a look back at his 1st month in office and continue to provide the viewers with monthly updates regarding Mr Linekers exploits.

alan_hansen.jpg

Lets begin with a quick glance at Leicesters Pre-Season form, how do you think they faired Alan?

alan_shearer.jpg

Well Alan, as you can see from this graphic on screen they played a couple big games to begin with, something to get the crowd excited by with the new regime and I didnt think they played too badly. I mean a draw against Ajax is a fantastic result however AC Milan were just a little too strong. Overall, I felt they played well including their trips overseas and only walking away with a couple defeats to their name is not bad for a new team, with a lot of new players and a completely new manager

friendliesw.png

alan_hansen.jpg

Ok well thanks for that Alan, now lets remind the viewers of how Leicester faired in their opening month of the N-Power Championship - their opening fixture was at home to Millwall...

Leicester_City.png
attachment.php
england-millwall.bmp

game1n.png

alan_hansen.jpg

How about that to settle any nerves? Leicester were brilliant in this fixture and although they went a goal down, and in at half time drawing - they never looked like losing this game. Any talking points Alan?

alan_shearer.jpg

Well certainly, where do you start. I think Gary did very well in his opening game, there would have been a lot of anxiety and a lot of nerves, not to mention the focus from the media and the fan base, this was a must win game for Gary and he did just that. My highlight would have to be James Vaughan's debut goal, it was a very direct route one kick from the keeper that bounced kindly for James and allowed him to smash it into the roof of the net, hopefully a sign of what lies ahead.

alan_hansen.jpg

Well lets see what the manager himself had to say after the match...

4800x50.jpg

Wow, what a start, I never even imagined that management could be so exhilarating I mean there has to be a reason why the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson & Arsene Wenger get up every morning day after day, and that is it right there. I think the boys played fantastic all apart from Andrews red card that is but with that aside to come away with a 4-1 victory is something special.

alan_hansen.jpg

So could Leicester City continue their good form? Here are the breakdown of the remaining fixtures for August...

Leicester_City.png
1301427.png
557_1202317621.gif

game2.png

alan_shearer.jpg

Another fantastic opening goal for Leicester City here, with new boy Richard pile driving one from outside box into the bottom corner, that set the tone for what was a pretty comfortable game for Gary and his lads

4800x50.jpg

Cup games are always important to every club, including Accrington today - at the end of the game though I felt like our boys had played the better football and it is always nice knowing you are in the hat for the next round

Leicester_City.png
attachment.php
doncaster_rovers__15118_thumb.gif

game3d.png

alan_hansen.jpg

Well this is a dream start for Gary surely?

alan_shearer.jpg

Absolutely Alan, I mean he has had 3 home games, but he and his team have done precisely what they needed too in each game, the 1st real test will come in the next match away to Ipswich.

40.gif
attachment.php
Leicester_City.png

game4.png

alan_hansen.jpg

Another match and another victory here for Gary and his lads and this was against a stern side of Roy Keanes, wonder if there were any heated words after the match?

alan_shearer.jpg

Im sure Roy was nothing short of a gent, here is what Gary & Roy had to say after the match

4800x50.jpg

Well what can I say, its 4 games in, 3 in the league and my team have given nothing short of 110% Let me assure you, this hasn't been a free ride and there are a lot of guys working tirelessly in the background to make me look good right now. Now in terms of the game against Roy and his guys, I couldnt have asked for more. Steve Howard came in at short notice having not had much of a run about pre-season but ever the professional came in and scored a hat-trick for us. Fully deserved the MoM award. Watford away next, let's see how that goes

images

Not very happy to be honest. I thought my guys showed weakness on the field, a weakness that I would never have expected from them and to concede two early goals had us back-tracking from the start. Credit to Leicester City though, they were up for this game and they quite rightly sit top of the N-Power championship tonight having played 3 really great games. Back to training for me and the lads and of course will need to see how serious the injury is to Connor.

watford.gif
attachment.php
Leicester_City.png

game5x.png

alan_hansen.jpg

Bit of a washout affair here, neither side really grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and as it turned out, a bit of a nothing match. Lets hope they can pick it up for their next match which is Round 2 of the League Cup vs Wycombe

Leicester_City.png
1301427.png
196d1246000166t-bird-football-team-badges-wycombe-wanderers-fc.jpg

game6.png

alan_shearer.jpg

Leicester carried on a bit of their form from the previous match into this game, not really putting a scoreline behind what was a dominant match for them. Pleasing for James to get his 2nd goal of the campaign and even more pleasing to Gary will be the fact that he is into the next round, the round where the big boys enter.

alan_hansen.jpg

Well I am sure Gary will be hoping for a kind tie so that his cup run can continue, the final game for August came back to The Walkers Stadium with a match against recently relegated Burnley.

Leicester_City.png
attachment.php
Burnley.gif

game7w.png

alan_hansen.jpg

A nervy 1st half for Leicester here, never really settling into their groove and with a freak own goal setting them behind it took a lot for Leicester to dig their heels in and come away with the needed victory

alan_shearer.jpg

Quite right Alan, talking about that own goal, i've not seen many like it and I am sure it will turn up on Question Of Sport before long. In terms of the game, I thought Vincent put the own goal behind him very quickly and showed the sort of mature performances that Leicester are going to need to get out of this division. He fully deserved his MoM award as Burnley had several spells of dominance in the 2nd half.

alan_hansen.jpg

Well I dont know what will please Gary more, the fact that his side sit top of the championship after the 1st month of business or that he picked up the Manager Of The Month Award for his troubles, but I am sure we can find out as Gary joins us live from The Walkers Stadium. Gary hello...

4800x50.jpg

Hey Alan, hello Alan - its very nice of you to put on a show just for me

alan_hansen.jpg

Well we've got to look after our own Gary, and I am hoping you can turn it into a story for us, how do you think you have faired so far, how is management treating you?

4800x50.jpg

I cant complain at the moment it's going well, the boys are all fantastic, I have a great team of staff working on the sidelines pulling all the strings.

alan_hansen.jpg

So Gary, talk to us about your first month in office?

4800x50.jpg

Well I think so far it has gone really well in terms of the performances on the pitch, the only downside so far was probably our game against Watford, but if thats as low as it gets, we could be in for a very exciting season. There have been genuine highlights along the way and some truly stunning performances in each game. Something that gives me high hopes for the season ahead

alan_shearer.jpg

Gary, whats that... is that your Manager Of The Month award creeping into shot?

4800x50.jpg

What this? You can see that? how embarrassing, well I just thought I would bring it along to show you guys.

alan_hansen.jpg

Glory going to your head?

4800x50.jpg

Not at all boys, you have to enjoy the good times as I am more than sure that there will be low points along the way.

alan_hansen.jpg

Well you have done a fantastic job so far Gary, doing the BBC proud. Good luck with your game today against Leeds and we'll be back next month to see how Leicester have performed in September

4800x50.jpg

Thanks lads

alan_shearer.jpg

Right and just one last thing from us before we leave, lets have a glimpse at the N-Power Championship table

attachment.php

leaguetableaug.png

alan_hansen.jpg

That would be nice to see in 9 months time, wouldn't it Alan?

alan_shearer.jpg

Well lets not count any chickens, let's see where September takes us where there are some difficult fixtures including their next match in the League Cup, at home to Sheffield Untied.

alan_hansen.jpg

So we'll be back in a months time with more match reports, and more pearls of wisdom from our Gary but until then, he's Alan

alan_shearer.jpg

And he's Alan.

alan_hansen.jpg
alan_shearer.jpg

Goodbye

impressive so far mate to say the least. thats the layout and the results. keep up the great work :)

impressive so far mate to say the least. thats the layout and the results. keep up the great work :)

Cheers Gaffer, a lot of hard work went into it, so to read encouraging comments makes it all worth it. Lets see how September goes

very impressive. Can't wait for the september update.

keep the good work UP .

Great story so far mate, great layout
will definately be following

Kermontgen or whatever, scored a penalty...Shame he couldn't do it in the playoffs :D
Good start

this is really good keep up the good work