No mutiny at Villa - McAllister

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa assistant manager Gary McAllister rubbishes suggestions there is a mutiny taking place at the struggling Premier League club.

More...

Wow, he's worked with Houllier this long and is still supporting him.

Gary Mcallister for an OBE.

I was wanting to hear a story similar to the french 'revolution' at the WC :'(

Well, as much as I hate to say it, Houllier has ruined Villa completely, making them lose to teams like Birmingham. He was quite good at Liverpool but I think he isn't good enough for the Premier League anymore, more suited for the Championship/Ligue 2. The signing of Bent was good though!

Well, as much as I hate to say it, Houllier has ruined Villa completely, making them lose to teams like Birmingham. He was quite good at Liverpool but I think he isn't good enough for the Premier League anymore, more suited for the Championship/Ligue 2. The signing of Bent was good though!

Birmingham are hardly a bad side and Villa have had a bad record against them for years.

Hopefully he manages to keep them up but it will be tough for him if reports about the unrest in the dressing room are true.

Last edited:

I hope Matty doesn't see that XD

I hope Matty doesn't see that XD

It did see it, but i don't take ridiculous opinion into account...

no matter what anyone thinks of us, a Quarter final cup tie, at our home ground, in a local derby would make the result almost impossible to predict! Not really Houllier's fault, they were unlucky on the night...

Im sure Villa fans aren't really thinking too much about that unlucky night they had at St Andrews, they are thinking how much their squad is divided in the dressing room, and knowing that they are by no means safe!

It is worrying times for all 4 west midlands sides, and it is a massively strong possibility that one of us will go if not more!

McAllister is talking out of his backside, there is definite unrest at Villa, it is widely known! If Houllier is allowed to stick around long enough you will all see the HUGE overhaul that he implements on the squad.

Birmingham are hardly a bad side and Villa have had a bad record against them for years.

Lol what? That's rubbish. Before our draw with them we'd had six straight wins.

McAllister is talking out of his backside, there is definite unrest at Villa, it is widely known! If Houllier is allowed to stick around long enough you will all see the HUGE overhaul that he implements on the squad.

Yeah, huge overhaul. Huge overhaul of the defence, anyway...

Lol what? That's rubbish. Before our draw with them we'd had six straight wins.

It was MON that was our thorn in the derby games... the Blue half of Brum erupted when he left :$

Yeah, huge overhaul. Huge overhaul of the defence, anyway...

Ye definitely, Collins and Dunne have kicked off massively haven't they?! and many are following suit!!

It was MON that was our thorn in the derby games... the Blue half of Brum erupted when he left :$

I bet you did! Positively awful manager at everything apart from getting the best out of his players though. That said, at getting the best out of his players he is one of the best in the world. Makes me think he'd probably be good at international management...

Ye definitely, Collins and Dunne have kicked off massively haven't they?! and many are following suit!!
Dunne's a useless sack of unmentionables now. Collins I hold hope for, but King Carlos is the only one who's even been near the standard required apart from Clark and the fullbacks.

I bet you did! Positively awful manager at everything apart from getting the best out of his players though. That said, at getting the best out of his players he is one of the best in the world. Makes me think he'd probably be good at international management...

Dunne's a useless sack of unmentionables now. Collins I hold hope for, but King Carlos is the only one who's even been near the standard required apart from Clark and the fullbacks.

Would you prefer to have had MON using 13 players a season and comfortably cementing top 10, or have what you have now... I have always wanted him as England manager!!

It is funny how you have that opinion of Dunne all my villa mates like him :$ Collins is a class act, has to be said

See if, and it's a big if cos to an extent I don't want youse too, but if you were to go down, what would be the fee to for Cuellar d'you reckon ? :)

What's wrong with MON? Always thought he was a very good manager, very good record with Villa getting 6th twice in a row.

It did see it, but i don't take ridiculous opinion into account...

no matter what anyone thinks of us, a Quarter final cup tie, at our home ground, in a local derby would make the result almost impossible to predict! Not really Houllier's fault, they were unlucky on the night...

Im sure Villa fans aren't really thinking too much about that unlucky night they had at St Andrews, they are thinking how much their squad is divided in the dressing room, and knowing that they are by no means safe!

It is worrying times for all 4 west midlands sides, and it is a massively strong possibility that one of us will go if not more!

Who you calling 'ridiculous'? You lost to them 4-1 a couple of years back, and Villa dominated. I wasn't saying Birmingham were bad, it's just Villa normally beat them, like I would be ****** if Dalglish lost to Everton, as we normally beat them.

What's wrong with MON? Always thought he was a very good manager, very good record with Villa getting 6th twice in a row.

Steve Sidwell - 6 mil (50k p/w)
Nigel Reo-Coker - 8.5 mil
Emile Heskey - 3.5 mil (50k p/w)
Moustapha Salifou - Over a million (4.5 k p.w, but NEVER EVER STARTS)

That's just four. Not to mention the archaic training methods (players given two days off a week) and lack of squad rotation: average amount of players started under him over a season was 14.

On the face of it, MON was great. When you delve below that, he debilitated us.

Steve Sidwell - 6 mil (50k p/w)
Nigel Reo-Coker - 8.5 mil
Emile Heskey - 3.5 mil (50k p/w)
Moustapha Salifou - Over a million (4.5 k p.w, but NEVER EVER STARTS)

That's just four. Not to mention the archaic training methods (players given two days off a week) and lack of squad rotation: average amount of players started under him over a season was 14.

On the face of it, MON was great. When you delve below that, he debilitated us.
That's true! Heskey and Sidwell were the worst ever signings. Reo-Coker was a bit expensive but he was good then and Salifou is good backup (although MON never used backups, lol ;)) and on a good wage. I used to think MON was a great manager, but yeah, like you said.

Who you calling 'ridiculous'? You lost to them 4-1 a couple of years back, and Villa dominated. I wasn't saying Birmingham were bad, it's just Villa normally beat them, like I would be ****** if Dalglish lost to Everton, as we normally beat them.

Im not calling you specifically ridiculous, the opinion that you stated was, as it had no real basis.

In fact we lost 5-1. They had a run of 6 games beating us, prior to that run we beat them 4 times on the trot and drew a few times and was unbeaten against them in like 7 or 8 games.

All of that is irrelevant as i clearly stated, cup quarter final, at OUR ground, in a local derby, does that really highlight Houllier's failure as Villa boss by losing to a local rival in that manner?

Im not calling you specifically ridiculous, the opinion that you stated was, as it had no real basis.

In fact we lost 5-1. They had a run of 6 games beating us, prior to that run we beat them 4 times on the trot and drew a few times and was unbeaten against them in like 7 or 8 games.

All of that is irrelevant as i clearly stated, cup quarter final, at OUR ground, in a local derby, does that really highlight Houllier's failure as Villa boss by losing to a local rival in that manner?
Good point, derbies can be very unpredictable. I get where you're coming from but the derby loss really annoyed their fans, who were used to winning before he came.

Back