Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

No-one seems to ever notice Lower League teams in Scotland on here...

Reaction score
Just wondering,in the few years i have been a member of this forum i dont think i have ever seen a thread/topic about my local team Hamilton Academical who play in the scottish division1.

Ive just recently started a save with them 6games into the season looking good so far,top of the league,semi-final of challenge cup,out of league cup in rnd2 all the same,but has anyone actually done a save with Hamilton before,and how did u get on if so?

Dont think ive ever seen anybody talking about the Accies and thats my point....

Thanks for reading guys ;)

Reaction score
I play at least 1 save in Scotland every season and have to say that i've not ventured outside the SPL since Champ Manager 2001/2. One excuse i could offer is that say you take a team up from the lower leagues to the top of the SPL because of Scotlands reputation its such a long journey to transform them to the next stage of challenging in Europe. To be honest if it wasnt for Aberdeen being my 2nd favorite team then i wouldnt touch the SPL outside Celtic who i might manage to challenge in Europe with quite quickly.

Long story short like in real life Scottish Football is quite unappealing unless you go as a team you support or like.

Reaction score
I play at least 1 save in Scotland every season and have to say that i've not ventured outside the SPL since Champ Manager 2001/2. One excuse i could offer is that say you take a team up from the lower leagues to the top of the SPL because of Scotlands reputation its such a long journey to transform them to the next stage of challenging in Europe. To be honest if it wasnt for Aberdeen being my 2nd favorite team then i wouldnt touch the SPL outside Celtic who i might manage to challenge in Europe with quite quickly.
yeah suppose thats a very valid point m8..
Long story short like in real life Scottish Football is quite unappealing unless you go as a team you support or like.

Reaction score
i always play at least one save with Airdrie United but it's quite easy and theres no real challange after 3 or 4 seasons

Reaction score
Just wondering,in the few years i have been a member of this forum i dont think i have ever seen a thread/topic about my local team Hamilton Academical who play in the scottish division1.

Ive just recently started a save with them 6games into the season looking good so far,top of the league,semi-final of challenge cup,out of league cup in rnd2 all the same,but has anyone actually done a save with Hamilton before,and how did u get on if so?

Dont think ive ever seen anybody talking about the Accies and thats my point....

Thanks for reading guys ;)
because not everyone is from Scotland mate nor are in the same town as you!

Its like me saying:

"why does nobody manage Maritzburg United on Fm?" I think there are like 5 members including me who are from South Africa and one is from Durban, which is the 3rd biggest city in the country..

Reaction score
I'd guess confidently that 80% or so of Scottish saves are with Rangers, could well be a reason why we rarely see any other club stories around.

I admit I ran a Rangers game pretty early into the FM13 days, just to see what it would be like. Might sound a bit of an oxymoron but I kinda got tired of winning haha. Before that game, I don't think I've played a Scottish save since FM06 with Gretna.

Reaction score
Hmm yeah i suppose thats a fair point guys oh well thanks anyway for taking the time to read.

Reaction score
Do you think you can take a 3rd div. Scottish team to the champions league? I was thinking about starting a game there to learn how to play this FM 2013.