Reaction score
I keep getting the same problem with some teams I manage, I don't have wing players and am in need of help to create a tactic WITHOUT AMR, AML, ML, or MR. i would prefer to not have WBs but its a last resort. I can't get the any of my tactics to work. Any help would be much appreciated, Thank you for your time.

I keep getting the same problem with some teams I manage, I don't have wing players and am in need of help to create a tactic WITHOUT AMR, AML, ML, or MR. i would prefer to not have WBs but its a last resort. I can't get the any of my tactics to work. Any help would be much appreciated, Thank you for your time.

Lol check my topic Peterborough 4-2-2-2 false defense no wing backs no target man.

hey mate how is going your tactical project

just finished ROUND 4.. will post the final update soon..
your wingers-hater tactic will be up in ROUND 5.. :D
btw, this is not the place to talk about it..

sorry lampusthelampi, good luck with the search..
other tactical experts will be awake soon, they'll give you pointers..

Thanks for pointing out the tactic and story :D any additional help from people would still be very much appreciated ... maybe i can learn from that Peterborough tactic

Im a massive fan of 41212... My initial style with this was very quick and fluid but eventually changed to possession.. IMO what works best here is having two Powerful FBs guys in the mould of Maicon (strength, pace, stamina, crossing), a DM who is defensively solid but also technically competent (Yann M'Vila) and an AMC like Muniain a guy who can run at defences but also capable of picking a pass...
When I played this tactic at first I played as AC Milan and had a powerful athletic team they covered the so much ground it was impossible to stop it was a bit like Mourinho at Chelsea...
After I learned the fundamentals of playing with no Wingers I went to Aston Villa and built it as a possession based tactic I had a team more like Barcelona and in this sense I bet teams by playing through the middle and retaining the ball...
This formation is actually extremely versatile but the fullbacks are the key without the best two FBs you can get it will not perform... When defending it will become a 532 and in attack it becomes a 343 I havnt really had an opportunity to test it this year but Im confident it would be more successful than last season since wing play is much more powerful this time around...

----------------GK-----------------
------------------------------------
--RB/A/---CB/D/---CB/D/---LB/S/---
--------------DM/D/----------------
---------CM/S/---CM/A/------------
--------------AM/A/----------------
----------CF/A/----CF/S/-----------

Last edited: