mamudi

Reaction score
Last year Dani Alves made over 20 assists in al competitions.

I have noticed that my fullbacks do not make as much assists as they do in real life. Dani alves has 3 assist in la liga dodo and diego renan have none. These are not statics to write home about. I have to say i don't have any good players with aerial ability, except for pique so that is obviously playing a role in the current match engine.

My thoughts were is it possible to make a tactic, without Fullbacks, Wingbacks, or Wingers. BTW i am playing a 4-3-3 with the tail to the back.
I was thinking about a formation like 3-1-2-1-3, so thats

CB CB CB
DMC
CM CM
AM
FC FC FC

The thing i am most afraid of is the wide strikers pulling wide and give width to the team, that is something i absolutely do not want.

Alex Ferguson asserts that the player that finds space by going from a wide position in to the centre is far more dangerous than the player who starts in the centre and pulls wide for space

The question is if the wide strikers aren't gonna provide the Width who will?

So that is why I ask your help and experience. Is such tactic/ philosophie possible
Thank you in advance

PS: I do not care about being realistic, i care about optimality.
PSS: my defense wasn't really a problem conceded only 12 goals in la liga last season

You´re gonna get raped by teams like Chelsea or Real Madrid if you don´t play with someone who cover the sides also teams like play with a counter-attack tactic will rape you...

First, Dani Alves is a wing-back, against weaker teams almost a right winger. He should always be a wingback/attack with lots of forward runs, and the winger ahead of him should be cutting in or at least move into channels.

As for your formation then the main width will probably come from your CMs and the wide forwards. The CMs to roam from position and try different wide play instructions. The wide forwards should have lots of freedom and individual skill(Messi and...).