D93J

Reaction score
Seen this suggested by someone last week - nobody, apparently, has created a league for the country Greenland.

I'm not sure if any of their clubs actually exist in the game, or the country itself for that matter.

It would be a nice, different challenge to take a club for Greenland to the Champions League trophy and manage the national team along side it.

Someone should do it... I just wish I had the editor skills to do so.

true... but I know I'd **** it up!

Hope someone pins up a download for it one day.

they dont have grass on fields. i just watch some match on youtube

I thought it was a funny coloured astro turf!

Would love this league to be created.

Technically greenland is not a standalone country. I forget whether it is controlled by Denmark or Norway. Still you could put it in the game by renaming a smaller country (St. Pierre and Miquelleon for example would be a good choice). Create the cities in the editor with the proper Longitudes and Latitudes. Then the clubs, their stadiums, etc... then the leagues. I would do it but I don't have time to work on the project. That should be enough to get you started. If you have any questions on how do any of that above just ask.

Technically greenland is not a standalone country. I forget whether it is controlled by Denmark or Norway. Still you could put it in the game by renaming a smaller country (St. Pierre and Miquelleon for example would be a good choice). Create the cities in the editor with the proper Longitudes and Latitudes. Then the clubs, their stadiums, etc... then the leagues. I would do it but I don't have time to work on the project. That should be enough to get you started. If you have any questions on how do any of that above just ask.

It's controlled by Denmark, but so are the Faroe Islands - which have had leagues created for them in the past.

I've not the time to do that myself either :(

Greenland national football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Greenland national football team is the national team of Greenland and is controlled by the Football Association of Greenland. Although it has the same status as the Faroe Islands within the Kingdom of Denmark, Greenland is not a member of FIFA nor of any continental confederation and therefore is not eligible to enter the World Cup or other sanctioned tournaments as of September, 2012. Most of the matches they have played have been against the Faroe Islands and Iceland, but neither of the two consider those games full internationals. Greenland has also played Tibet, since neither are FIFA members."

This explains why Faroe are in the game and Greenland is not.

Greenland national football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Greenland national football team is the national team of Greenland and is controlled by the Football Association of Greenland. Although it has the same status as the Faroe Islands within the Kingdom of Denmark, Greenland is not a member of FIFA nor of any continental confederation and therefore is not eligible to enter the World Cup or other sanctioned tournaments as of September, 2012. Most of the matches they have played have been against the Faroe Islands and Iceland, but neither of the two consider those games full internationals. Greenland has also played Tibet, since neither are FIFA members."

This explains why Faroe are in the game and Greenland is not.

I think it's more to do with Greenland being such an obscure footballing country. Go watch some games on YouTube, they play on dust instead of grass because of the severe weather.

I did read that though, if they weren't so obscure I'm sure they still wouldn't be in the game as they're not under FIFA's umbrella.

Still possible to create them in FM... Just need someone who has the time to do it :D