Reaction score
In Italy you can buy only 1 non-eu player per season. Is it possible to immediatly send him on loan? For example in belgium. And then after few season when he got belgian nationality that he join my club. So, that will open me option to buy 1 more non-eu player for first team.

You cannot loan player if you don't sign him. So no way to avoid the rule. :) Stupid rule but...

Yeah this rule was annoying during my Inter save, it may be possible..... if you get him young and send him to feeder clubs for a few years.

Not possible as Pannacar said. **** rule. Should be something like Spanish have that you can register only 4 non eu players or as we have in finland that 11 men starting squad can have only 4 non eu player.

it is a stupid rule indeed, though I think IRL it doesn't apply for under-18 players so teams are allowed to sign extra-EU as youth players. For example Fiorentina signed the likes of Babacar, Agyei and Matos (btw all incredibly overrated in the game...) this way in recent years. Not sure this is implemented in the game though.

I just made this rule disappear :) I read on internet that you need to make new league, so i opened the editor and played for 2 hours. Finally, I did it. I started a game, and immediately i signed 5 non eu players, just to try it. I don't know how i did it, but i will find out in next two or three days. If anbody wants my database edit, mail me to [email protected] and ill send it to you... Cheerz ...veX...

There seems to be an obvious way to get round this rule:

- pay a feeder Serie B team (or lower) the money to buy the non-EU player
- Serie B team buys him
- Serie B team immediately transfers the player to you
- in addition to the transfer money, you pay the Serie B team a fee for the use of their non-EU player allowance

If I've read the rule correctly the rule doesn't apply to transfers between Italian teams, so this would only use the Serie B team's allowance.

Anyone know if this is possible? Pretty sure it's not in FM but I'd like to know if it's technically possible in real life, or whether the Italian FA have anticipated this and made sure there isn't a loophole.

it is a stupid rule indeed, though I think IRL it doesn't apply for under-18 players so teams are allowed to sign extra-EU as youth players. For example Fiorentina signed the likes of Babacar, Agyei and Matos (btw all incredibly overrated in the game...) this way in recent years. Not sure this is implemented in the game though.

I don't think that's possible in FM, as you can't sign youngsters on youth contracts (dunno if this possible in theory, but in my experience youngsters always want a contract with "hot prospect" status, thus a professional contract). Plus, age doesn't matter.
Anyway, the rule has changed to 2 non-eu players, so that should be fixed in FM12.

If you download the no work permits editor data then you won't have to worry about this rule. Pretty sure it's been increase back up to two now in real life anyway so it's not too bad.

There seems to be an obvious way to get round this rule:

- pay a feeder Serie B team (or lower) the money to buy the non-EU player
- Serie B team buys him
- Serie B team immediately transfers the player to you
- in addition to the transfer money, you pay the Serie B team a fee for the use of their non-EU player allowance

If I've read the rule correctly the rule doesn't apply to transfers between Italian teams, so this would only use the Serie B team's allowance.

Anyone know if this is possible? Pretty sure it's not in FM but I'd like to know if it's technically possible in real life, or whether the Italian FA have anticipated this and made sure there isn't a loophole.

Exactly what AC Milan did with KP Boating, Sampdoria bought him, sold him to AC Milan straight away, probably for a higher fee, and AC Milan didn't use their 1 Non-EU Player up. Italian football is so dodgy though.

I think they changed the rule ILR. From next season the clubs are able to sign two non EU players. So this rule should be in FM12.

I don't think that's possible in FM, as you can't sign youngsters on youth contracts (dunno if this possible in theory, but in my experience youngsters always want a contract with "hot prospect" status, thus a professional contract). Plus, age doesn't matter.

You can definitely sign released players on youth contracts, I've done it a few times. I recently signed a released player on a youth contract in late June, when he was one week away from reaching the age limit - so he signed for a contract that lasted a week, and I immediately had to offer him a professional contract. Bit weird, but at least it meant I got a coaching report before I offered full wages.

I suspect if you're paying a transfer fee to sign someone then the player is always going to demand proper money as well as the club.

Anyway, the rule has changed to 2 non-eu players, so that should be fixed in FM12.

I think they should also add the ability to ask a feeder club if you can pay for use of their allowance, if it can actually be done in real life. I would definitely have used this in my last season, there was an American regen playing for a Dutch side who had a steal of a buyout clause, and I would certainly have paid a fee to ensure another club didn't get him before I could.