Gink

Reaction score
Is there any way to change the rule that you can`t buy non-EU U18 players?

It annoys me that I can`t get that awesome 15 year old regen in Argentina/Brazil/Turkey/Congo before 3 years have passed.
I realize it`s a long shot, but I figured I`d ask in any case.

The default editor?

If you could tell me what to change where exactly, I`d be very grateful. Not very knowledgable with the editor. :/

in the editor if you look at details of any nation there is a little box you can tick to make counties EU or non EU - you need to make non EU counties part of the EU if you want to be able to buy under 18s from them

this can be time consuming going through all the non eu countries because there is a lot of them, i normally just make brazil and argentina part of the EU as they tend to have the best regens, and leave the rest

Yeh, I don`t want to that.
I would like to have all other rules in the game intact, work permits, only having 3 non eu players registered (spain) only being able to buy 2 non eu players from abroad per season (italy) etc.

Oh well, guess I`ll let it go and keep playing.

Thanks for the suggestions though :)

I kind of like not being able to get them until they turn 18, get the deal done early and it's a hassle free loan for 2-3 years before they join you.

I keep my youngsters in my youth team as long as I can, and have older players constantly tutor them.
Then I start to loan them out when they`re too old to play in the youth team.
Seems to work wonders for me. But then I put a lot of effort into having as good training rating as possible, I probably spend just as much time looking for coaches as I do players. :S

if you sign 15 yr old brazilian and have to wait 3 years to get it works out good because he'll almost definately get more 1st team football in brazil than at your team, the brazilian team develops him for you - bonus

I agree that U18 rule can be a blessing (assuming the league is loaded). Why bring in a player who is going to sit in your youth team and not improve his reputation, when he can stay, rack up experience and gain some fans?

As a side note, what non-eu nations allow you to sign players U18? I think Angola might. I always meant to look into this, but I never do.

don't know of any non eu-countries that allow this - let me know if you find out:D