Non-human clubs buying players on the cheap?

wpillar

Reaction score
In FM11 it seems that non-human clubs can get a much better deal on players than I can. I was tempted to sign Dzeko and was prepared to offer 15 million which was turned down as they wanted 18. I decided to not continue with the signing.

Two days later it appears FC Bayern have signed him for 10 million?? It's not the first time that other clubs have gotten a better deal.

Am I doing something wrong?

Check if there were other players in the transfer,and its probably because of clauses.

other clubs always offer clauses which i do not wish to make such as 40% of next trannsfer.

Or maybe he got unhappy your offer was declined,got unhappy and his price lowered.

Several parties intrested is weird cos they accept smaller offers than what i have offered but they accept them :/

I know there's no other players involved in the transfer, but you're probably right about the clauses.

Opposite happened to me when I was Fiorentina, and I signed Dirk Kuyt. We offered an amount (not exactly sure how much it was...) and Atletico Madrid offered around $6 million more than us, and were rejected, came back with a bid $8 million more than our one which was accepted. We ended up signing him, but Liverpool just seemed to not want to give Kuyt to them...

same problem, but my board doesnt wanna give me money. :(
maybe because of clauses in both transfer and contract, like 1 goal is 5k. lol

Could it be that the manager maybe doesn't like you as much as the opposing managers, because one of the tips that appears during loading is "that having a good relationship with managers, may increase your chances of having transfers accepted by him."

Or something along those lines, so maybe you need to suck-up to the manager before you attempt to buy the player.

I agree with the RVPandFF, maybe the manager didnt like you as much as the Bayern manager. Also could the reputation of your club have affected this, if Bayern are a bigger club than you then perhaps they feel more happier for their player to join a bigger club?

Well I was managing Inter Milan and we'd just won the CL. So I don't it was reputation, my scout told me that Dzeko would be extremely interested.

But perhaps the Wolfsburg manager had a better relationship with Bayern, but I wouldn't have thought they would want to sell a star player to a team in the same league?

It happens to me qutie regularly, for some reason, they will sell a player to their domestic rival on the cheap e.g. on FM10, Gignac will go to a french club, lyon or lille for like 8mil, however if it was outside of france i had to pay something like 12-13million