Non league manager and cant buy a win!

wishyman

Reaction score
So, i started with Dover Athletic and played a 4-3-3 formation, romping to blue sq south glory. Cant win no matter what formation i use in blue sq prem. no goals in 7 games. HELP!

So, i started with Dover Athletic and played a 4-3-3 formation, romping to blue sq south glory. Cant win no matter what formation i use in blue sq prem. no goals in 7 games. HELP!

Here, I would start a new game and pick a team of your choice. After that, have a look at the squad to see what kind of formation that actually suits it. Next, try playing the kind of football that suits the players. If the team is slightly better trhan the rest pf the teams in the division when it comes to Stregnths and speed, then use that. If you have really slow defenders, then you need to play a deeper d-line. Most importantly though is that you have realistic expectations of the season and coach your players to boost their confidence, build up morale etc

Also, play many friendlies and focus on Team Cohession ( in training) and Tactics ( in Match prep) to make the team gell and get fluid with your 3 tactics. After this, dont go swicthing these tactics

yeah ive had chats with the squad, players individually and its just not happening. very frustrating as they blew away the league previous. im not creating any chances or scoring

yeah ive had chats with the squad, players individually and its just not happening. very frustrating as they blew away the league previous. im not creating any chances or scoring

Well, if you are a newly promoted team, then I assume that your team is probably one of the worse in the division. My hints and suggestions are still the same. Have a look at the squad and players and then ask your self if the squad and players and the approach within your formation are a match.