Dale93Macca

Reaction score
I've started a Career with Darlington in the Northern league and its an absolute mare!! I've got about 7 players, i'm trying to sign some players, but i can only offer £130 a week! No one will sign for that!! Anybody know of any one i could get that would actually sign for next to nothing!

It makes no sense. I also made a career with Newton Aycliffe, i could sign loads of players on an amateur contract. They were on £0 a week. Now i'm offering them £130 a week and they're rejecting!? It makes no sense.

Have a look for Liam Head, he is a free agent at the start of the season and he is banging in the goals for me at Truro.

Thanks mate, i'll have a spy! Do you know anyone else i could try to sign?

also, John Campbell from West Auckland (Ex-Darlo) is brilliant on it! he bang goals in all the time for me! 11 goals in his first 9 games.. He is only on an amateur contract at West Auckland so you don't have to pay anything!! (Just for anyone who is stuggling in the Northern League's!!

All these are free transfers at the start of the game, and signed for me as AFC Hornchurch in the BSS. It wasn't easy to attract players to sign for the club, to be honest! So I'm guessing anyone should be able to sign these:

Goalkeeper Rhys Taylor is a must have. Absolutely top drawer!

Centre back Alex Evans.

Left back Josh Powell

I signed Matt Johnson on a free transfer from I think Bishops Stortford, he's been a very good centre midfielder for me. My other midfielders are a chap called Warburton (Josh I think?) and I think someone called Fabrice Otshundi. The latter had a bit of a slow start but he's really kicked on heading towards December.

Carel Tiofack is an AM RL/ST that I tend to play in the AM L role, but he's handy when I switch to 4-4-2, chuck him up front as a poacher and bags the odd goal up top too.

I signed a chap called Adam Prince for the AM R role. He's a bit in and out of form so far, but he does a job.

Overall I have really struggled to sign anyone.

Not sure if the players I've mentioned will sign for £130 a week though! Even at Hornchurch I could offer £300-£350 per week!

Hi peter, i started a new save with Newton Aycliffe. Which means i can only offer people amateur contracts.. I've just offered the majority of them players you said one, so hopefully they'll accept and do a wonderful job! The Warburton guy you mentioned, i believe his name is Jack? not Josh.. Anybody else know any decent players without clubs? I'm sure almost anyone would do a half decent job though to be honest!! In Real life, Newton Aycliffe are in the bottom half of the Ebac Northern League Division One, so we could do with being improved lol

I know its an old thread but I just want to make a response to the start of the post. It makes sense people will snub at a wage of 130 a week, but will sign an amateur contract for free. Amateur players can leave for free when a club comes that offers a wage of 300-500 (or more) and semi-pro players have to stay if the club doesn't want to sell him for free. So in fact the player buys freedom for 130 a week.

i understand what you're saying.. but realistically, wouldn't you want to earn £130 a week and stay at the club an extra few months within your contract, than play for nothing just being available to leave when you want though lol.. doesn't matter now anyways! i'm aycliffe again and they're getting paid nothing! haha

Liam Hubbuck is a qaulity striker , got him at Scarborough athletic on a free :)

Load all players from UK and Ireland at the start of the game. You will find plenty but it will be hard work finding them.