Cbarber871

Reaction score
Non league to legend

So as i have done for the last 2 years i have done a non league to legend save and FM18 is no different...

I started at York City this year who were in the Vanarama national north and was doing ok in 5th place,but this was not enough to stay as they sacked me saying i should have been doing better, but i was only 4 points from top at the time so this came as a shock........so on to club number 2

3 months out of work led me to Dartford and this was a good team who were struggling when i came in,but we turned it around saved them from the drop and got them into a decent position ...then i was offered another chance at york after they got promoted to the vanarama national league

i only lasted 3 months on my return due to a few players that did not like me from my previous spell in charge

30/12/19 i was appointed at Sutton United who again were 15th in the league at the time ..my task was just to keep them up that year which we did finishing in 11th place, but i knew this club wanted to get promotion as the board had demanded it....i had got them to 3rd in the league

i knew though that i wanted to move up and had an eye on higher league jobs and was applying for as many as i could...i was rejected by teams such as Plymouth,forest green,gillingham and wycombe all in league 2......Until

chesterfield-806x60546-46079.jpg

Approached me with an offer and as they offered me more money and were in league 2 i jumped ship and here i am ...

So i wanted to finish off the season before i did regular updates on this so i could see where we needed to improve and by god do we need to...too many players just not upto it and really annoyed me with the way they played...i joined late in the transfer window so didnt really have chance to bring anyone in. i will now have a full window to get players in and push on from there

View attachment 74642

we stayed pretty much in the same place as when we came in

View attachment 74643

Some of these games were just crazy especially the AFC wimbldon game 8-4 WTF

View attachment 74291

After the season i had identified that we needed a lot of new faces in as the current crop just could not cut it and we did not have enough depth...We needed a new keeper and will jaaskelainen came in...i also strengthened the strikers bringing in Former chesterfield player Ched evens and the ex spurs youngster Shayon Harrison who up top together have been simply amazing..
we also brought in former Newcastle player Adam Campbell as cover for the winger position plus a number of squad fillers

View attachment 74292

we are scoring so many goals this year and have has some cracking game scoring 4+goals in a match on at least 8 occasions this had let to the below in the table

View attachment 74290

so we sit 1st in the league 8 points clear of second heading into the festive period

i will be updating on a month to month bases from the new season as i only decided to update this in january

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfers
View attachment 74113

SO i finished the season and here is what happened

Leauge table

View attachment 74114

1st in the league which even shocked me a bit as we were expected to finish 12th but i think with the signings we made

i was not bothered about the cups as never gonna win them and i don't see the point of the checkertrade trophey and neither did the fans as less than 900 people turned up whereas in the league at home 9000+ every match

Players

View attachment 74115

A lot of amazing performances this year:

Shayon Harrison 45 goals and 15 assists
Adam Campbell 20 goals 15 assists
Ched Evans 20 goals 11 assits
Graham Sweeney(regen) 9 goals 18 assists

and this is just a small example of the quality we had in the team and i am delighted to announce that the Shayon Harrison has signed permanently for 150k which i am glad of i just hope he can do it in league 1

I have another year on my contract here at chesterfield and will be staying unless i am offered a job higher up...i won't be applying for them this year.

View attachment 71742
here is my journey so far and the clubs/nations i have been

View attachment 71741
and here is the stats so far ...and yes i have been on holiday but this is only for the times i have been out of work and some of pre season.

Ok so i have not posted in a while so i am gonna post what has happened so far after i won the the league with chesterfield i had a bad start to the season in league 1 and jumped before i was pushed...i was then picked up by Ipswich Town and here is how i have done so far...

View attachment 71738

Bayles and Kunene came in as Centre back cover as we were poor in the area if the pitch when i came in and were were struggling in the league at the time

Ex Man Utd you player Gribben came in to play CAM as i had little depth there and over the course of that season and the title winning season he was one of the best players by far

View attachment 71739

the two major transfers were Gregory and Raya...With bartoz Bailkowski getting on a bit and with probably one of the best regen keepers i have seen coming through my own set up in Stephen Emmins not being ready
the rest of the players were for depth and tutoring the the youth that came through
View attachment 71736(this is him now not when he came through but he is similer to that)
View attachment 71733Frank stevens is another highly rated player that i am trying to develop so will see how he goes

View attachment 71737
So Last season i won the league and were just fantatsic all season

Current Season

View attachment 71740

As i thought we had a good squad i didn't really want to go mad and sign a lot of players and i needed depth at at CM and Left back and with one or two CB getting on a bit i brought in a CB ...Trippier and Pjanic came in for cover only and for tutoring to their age..
View attachment 71732

Current season so far and looking very good

View attachment 71731

Some crazy games so far and some cracking results against teams such as Man city,spurs and Arsenal

So the season became even more mad as for a newly promoted side i was not expecting what was going to happen

View attachment 70846View attachment 70844

So we played very well against the big boys which was key to our season as we beat man city,spurs and arsenal and the liverpool last game of the season

We have Qualified for champions league group stages ....i obviously think we will get a group of death

View attachment 70845

To win the Fa Cup was special as we were rank outsiders and the pivitol game for me was beating Man Utd and progressing onwards to the final in an Fa Cup final none would have bet on and we came out as winners

View attachment 70847

One of the best loan players i have ever used he was just lethal 64 goals and 27 assists in 80 games