Canesdude

Reaction score
I bought FM12 a while ago and rarely ever played it because success has been rare for me.

In FM11, I had 2 tactics that were highly successful. If one wasn't working, I could switch to another and find a way to win. Now, on FM12, nothing works. I've even gone so far as to download a tactic to help, but to no avail. I'm still getting terrible results. I've had several saves, each with a different tactic including my ones from FM11 but those don't work now.

I actually just started a game as Real Madrid and I tried once again to create a tactic, but as I type this, they're drawing against Shanghai in the 40th minute.

It's frustrating, because I had high hopes for FM12 and I spent $30 on it and I really regret it.

I know the feeling, im having the same problems at Norwich. It is turning me off of the game, i cant be bothered to play it no more as im not finding it fun.

Help me with Norwich?! ANYONE?

Need more info:

What team are you?
What's your tactic?

And I assume it's pre-season, it's not unusual to have poor results in pre-season, especially early pre-season.

How do you set up the tactic? Do you use the TC or just tweak all settings?

My best suggestion would be the following.

- start with the highest reputation. If the players have à hard time motivering them selfes for you, you are in for trouble.

- Find a balance between defensive players, supporting players in the transition phase and flairfull players on attack and set their roles accordingly. Think Mourinho, think ferguson, think Mancini( his ambition to do so anyway ;) )

- Use à formation where you can play your players where they can make the most of their skills without being too attacking. À formation that can easily be changed into one that is more agresive, attacking and expansiva and one that floods the midfield, uses more men behind the ball and plays more cautiously. ( Example: Like à flat 4411 that can be tweaked into à 4232 and à 4141.

- Decide on à strategy that can be transformed into many ways Of playing by changing this formation and using shouts, like Counter or Standard.

- Use the TC and watch the games in extended highlights ( at least) . Try the shouts " play wider " , " retain possesion" or drop deep and get forward/ pass ball into space ".

-