noobie mistakes

• Thread starter Thread starter lxl Ra lxl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2K

lxl Ra lxl

Reaction score
Everyone does make mistakes. And everyone does make more mistakes when they start the game.
Which mistakes did you make when you started playing FM?

I started playing FM with the Demo of FM11. I played spurs since i had to be a PL team. So, in about every match my left back (assou-ekotto?) got a yellow card. As me being from Fifa and never played FM before and not knowing a single piece of it i thought the yellow name meant that he was doing awesome. So i'd never sub him because he was in "awesome" mode. Untill in a press conf a journalist asked me why i didn't mind my team getting an average of like 5 yellow cards per game!

I never used to bother with setting player training at all. :(

I bought expensive players to improve my reserve team.

I never used to give a toss about the state of my youth squad. Now, when I play with a large club I invest heavily in quality youth coaches and players under 17.

Haha ye, training was something i didn't know about. I'd just accept nearly everything my coach staff advised.

Another thing i used to do is when my scout checked a guy and he said he'd be a usefull player for your team i'd buy him. Altough he'd only be 2 stars potential and be like your 9th midfielder. Stars don't matter right?

Used to ignore my youth team completely.

I played half a season without setting any player roles, wasn't aware you could. Incredibly I still won the league that year (CSKA moscow in fm11)

same as TJD! never bothered with the youth side of life, also blanked training out as i saw it as time consuming. How time changes :)

All I did tactic wise was set a formation, didn't do anything else. Finished 20th with QPR in the Championship on FM10!

Things are a little better now :)

not making a tactic. When i started i had a 4-3-3 as a default with 3 strikers. I would change player roles though :)
We did pretty good and my wingers actually could play on striker position so i wouldn't notice something was wrong. Until i bought a winger i knew from rl (Verhoek) and he wasn't able to play on the right wing position (striker), which made me pretty upset coz he cost me a bit.

Haha ye, training was something i didn't know about. I'd just accept nearly everything my coach staff advised.

Another thing i used to do is when my scout checked a guy and he said he'd be a usefull player for your team i'd buy him. Altough he'd only be 2 stars potential and be like your 9th midfielder. Stars don't matter right?
I used to do that quite alot when I started out in FM with FM11. Used to buy the likes of Felipe Anderson, Niang and such because Cagigao recommended them highly.

I used to always set up a game with my best friend and next door neighbour that had ourselves in whatever team we went. I'd take it seriously and give my player a wage of like 700k a week and I was a team like Middlesborough.

Blowing my transfer budget within the first week of the save, then later 2 or 3 players becoming transfer listed that would have improved my side.

Back