Fonzie

Reaction score
I'm currently making a database with Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden put into one nation (replaced Faroe Islands), Nordic Countries. Every player from these nations has the Nordic nationality, so they are able to play for the national team. I calculated the five nations' averages for FIFA points, coefficients, league and nation reputation, league standard etc.

The league system is at the moment up to level four. Nordic Premier League consists of 20 teams, four best clubs by reputation from the five nations. Nordic First Division with 22 teams and Nordic Second Division are made up the same way. Nordic Third Division consists of four sub-divisions, for each nation (except Iceland due to lack of quality) with 16 teams in them. Four clubs are relegated directly from the NPL and the 16th enters a relegation play-off with the 5th in ND1. Same thing with relegation from ND1 and promotion from ND2. Four teams are directly relegated from the ND2 and one team from each of the ND3 sub-divisions comes up. I don't know how the relegation from Second Division to Third Division works if all the relegated teams are Norwegian for example, I might have to reconsider that one again.

There are three cups, the Nordic Cup in which every team from the league system participates, the Nordic Trophy which is for Third Division sides and Nordic Super Cup for the winners of Nordic Cup and Nordic Premier League. There are also reserve and youth leagues.

The national team is ranked around 40 in FIFA's rankings, and it participates in the qualifiers for EURO 2012. The NPL gets one spot for the UCL and three spots in the UEL, all in the qualifying rounds. I reckon the national team could own, with players like Ibrahimovic, Kjaer, Agger, Hangeland, Riise, Hyypiä, Bendtner, Eriksen and all.

I'm still editing and trying it out, currently I get a crash dump on April 17th for some reason and I've tried quite a few versions of my databases, so I may have to do it again.

Would anyone be interested in something like this? Any suggestions?

Some screenshots

I'd love it. If you need some help, ask and I'll see what I can do

nice idea there

I'm thinking that a Scandinavian Champions League maybe good too.

Looks good. The national team would be pretty good I think.

Well, actually first I was thinking about implementing the Royal League (kind of Scandinavian Champions League) and extending it to include Finnish and Icelandic teams, but decided to do this. I've been testing this but as my computer overheats and freaks out, I can't do it properly.

Scandinavia does not encompass all the Nordic countries, so that would be inaccurate.

The Kalmar Union would be slightly accurate, but slightly wrong, again. Depends. Nordic Countries sounds a bit... silly.

I managed to get a Royal League up and working, but I fail at making the new nation league.

How far into development are you, Fonzie?