Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy

Reaction score
I need players and a good tactic for a team playing in the North of Ireland league. The team is semi professional, cannot afford to pay big wages to anyone - can anyone suggest a good tactic to get me going.

I need players and a good tactic for a team playing in the North of Ireland league. The team is semi professional, cannot afford to pay big wages to anyone - can anyone suggest a good tactic to get me going.

For lower leagues the best formation is always going to be a basic one.

I suggest 4-4-2 with wingers running forward but it depends where your strengths and weaknesses are.
Too many arrows and your players will tire too quick.

For me, my priority is always a good Assisstant and a good Scout if possible. Once you have these, search by attributes and use the 'Ask assisstant to filter out unrealistic targets'

Always helps me :p

Hey Soupy.

First of all, it's not the "North of Ireland" league. It's not even the Northern Ireland league or the Northern Irish league.

It's, simply, the Irish League and it is the second oldest football league in the world.

The Irish Football Association (IFA) is the controlling body.

When the Irish Free State (now the Republic of Ireland) split from Ireland, they formed their own league and association body (the League of Ireland (FAI) and the Football Association of Ireland.

Jamie has given you some good advice. Unfortunately, being mostly semi-professional, many of your players will be part-time. If you can, when their contracts are coming to an end, try to re-sign as many of them as you can as full-time.

Wages are always going to be a problem, but you should be able to get a few honours and reach the top. You have to play lean, strip the weakest players, and hope that there aren't too many injuries!

I've added the Scottish and Welsh teams, as well as the Irish league teams into the English league, and I'm playing as Glentoran in a national British league. It's tough enough. I started off in the Blue Square Premier and managed to gain promotion to the Coca Cola League 2 in the first year. The second season I finished 4th in League 2.

Glentoran start with a negative balance, so it's been hard to break even. I have a transfer budget of £2,000 and a wages budget of £21,000.

In the Irish League though, if I remember correctly, you're restricted to just taking three subs to the league matches in the game.

Thanks for the detail Setanta, are you aware that you've posted in a thread from nearly 2 years ago?

please help me i am manager of Luton Town in blue square premier and want to know best tactics and best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.