fmtobes

Reaction score
Hey everyone i am really struggling with Norwich. I just can't get the team instructions correct. I think it must be possible to finish in top 10 first season without making any signings, but just playing the way they do in real life. The thing is Norwich dont really play hit and hoof football. Many people think they do because of the hype around target man Grant Holt but they can also be quite patient in their passing play with David Fox sitting deep in the midfield. However he cant really play central mid as there are better options in the squad, his best role is as a deep lying playmaker in a defensive mid position.

Anyone that has any idea on what tactics that would be successful please help, and if you've achieved wonders with Norwich yourself, how did you do it? Thanks in advance

fmtobes

I have achieved sitting 7th after 19 matches using the Narrow diamond. The trick here is to play deep but without inviting too much pressure. I played à rigid Counter approach as à base. I changed strategy to Defend in really hard matches but here combined with à high pressing game by using 2 ballwinners om support in MC and 2 defensive forwards. I also " shouted" play wider to make sure that there would be enough space i the flooded midfield .

You should definately try Proxys "parking bus destroyer", which he used with wolves... That tactic did great things for me, and helped my norwich team to finish 2. in the league, after a single season :)

Cheers Robert i'll have a look. The thing is i would prefer to play like Norwich do in real life. They're not an ugly team, they do play it about and they don't just sit deep and counter against big teams, they actually have a go. They know the right time to defend and the right time to attack.

Cheers Robert i'll have a look. The thing is i would prefer to play like Norwich do in real life. They're not an ugly team, they do play it about and they don't just sit deep and counter against big teams, they actually have a go. They know the right time to defend and the right time to attack.

Actually, you can do this with à counter approach as well. Just retain possession and use overlaps and you will see that flow Of the game.

I am going to go for a counter style as a starter with a rigid philosophy with a midfield narrow diamond and a traditional 4-4-2. hopefully i can do okay, it has been soo frustrating recently. i have wanted to stop playing the game altogether.

I am going to go for a counter style as a starter with a rigid philosophy with a midfield narrow diamond and a traditional 4-4-2. hopefully i can do okay, it has been soo frustrating recently. i have wanted to stop playing the game altogether.

Just hang in there even if you get à few results going against you . Also remember that all overachieving teams have one thing in common and its that they work together as unit with high morale. By this I mean that the tactic means only so much.