Norwich: GK and Striker and Squad Revamp-- 2nd Season

Isildur58

Reaction score
Well, as the title already suggests, I'm looking for a goalkeeper and possibly signing a striker (only if I need to). I'm into my second season with Norwich City after being promoted from the Championship after gaining 106 points and winning it. However, I'm attempting to revamp my squad and achieve at least Europa League qualification. My defense should be solid enough for this season.

For goalkeeper, I'm looking to possibly sell John Ruddy and get Asmir Begovic. I will be getting Begovic for 4.5mil initial fee and 5.5 mil over the next 48 months.

As for striker, I have Dwight Gayle, Danny Ings, Kyle Lafferty, Lewis Grabban and Eduardo Vargas. West Brom have offered 8.25 for Grabban. I'm slightly hesitant with these two deals because they performed spectacularly last season (I'll post a picture below). I offered a 2.5 mil initial+7.5mil over 48 months for Diafra Sakho, who I believe could replace Lafferty and Grabban, should I decide to sell them.

So my key questions are:
1. Should I sell Ruddy and get Begovic instead?
2. Should I sell Grabban and/or Lafferty and get Sakho?
3. Who else could I get instead of Begovic and Sakho who would be better + under 15mil?
4. What other positions should I look to strengthen?
5. Who would be a good left back, central attacking midfielder, and right winger (all hopefully cheap)?

Last edited:
Keep them both. Ruddy is one of the best English keepers in the game and is coming up to his best years. Grabben is a consistent performer in the Prem who keeps popping up with goals. With the crossing of redmond he will more or less keep you up in the first few years of the Prem.

Norwich is hard work in the Prem but you already have a talented midfield and the only thing that needs working on is the defence. A complete overhaul is needed with every single player needing to be replaced for the prem. You can either go with a Balanta led defence or try a left field option of a beastly Greek defender called Papadoupolous or something. He has great heading and tackling stats but is as slow as ****. So you need a pacey center defend to go with him.

Keep them both. Ruddy is one of the best English keepers in the game and is coming up to his best years. Grabben is a consistent performer in the Prem who keeps popping up with goals. With the crossing of redmond he will more or less keep you up in the first few years of the Prem.

Norwich is hard work in the Prem but you already have a talented midfield and the only thing that needs working on is the defence. A complete overhaul is needed with every single player needing to be replaced for the prem. You can either go with a Balanta led defence or try a left field option of a beastly Greek defender called Papadoupolous or something. He has great heading and tackling stats but is as slow as ****. So you need a pacey center defend to go with him.
Also, who would you recommend for left back? I currently have Atila Turan and Luke Garbutt, both of whom are on loan to my club. I signed Balanta and I have Rob Kiernan, Ryan Bennett, Michael Turner, and Tyler Blackett for the CD and I have Douglas (RB from Barca), Russell Martin, and Richards for Right Back.

Ben Davies from spurs if he is unhappy as he will be cheap.

Ben Davies from spurs if he is unhappy as he will be cheap.
What about Neil Taylor from Swansea for 2 mil now and 2.5mil later?
And I'll look into Ben Davies. I can get Ben Davies for 3 mil initial and 8.75 over 48 months... which equals out to 11.75 mil.. is it good?

Last edited:
Seriously,if you have Ruddy, Redmond and Grabban happy to play for your team don't even consider selling!!

Redmond has won me games on his own scoring 3/4 goals in a few games then adding a couple here and there along with his assisting to the two strikers I have up top has been top performances from him to date to now!

Majority of the season Kyle and Lewis have been the main partnership up front and why not scoring for fun at times!

Nathan has been playing an unfamiliar position so the amount he's scored and assisted is tremendous considering I don't play with wingers in my tactic I made and use.

Seriously,if you have Ruddy, Redmond and Grabban happy to play for your team don't even consider selling!!

Redmond has won me games on his own scoring 3/4 goals in a few games then adding a couple here and there along with his assisting to the two strikers I have up top has been top performances from him to date to now!

Majority of the season Kyle and Lewis have been the main partnership up front and why not scoring for fun at times!

Nathan has been playing an unfamiliar position so the amount he's scored and assisted is tremendous considering I don't play with wingers in my tactic I made and use.
Can u show take a screenshot of the formation and tactics that you use? I'm curious...
I play a tactic somewhat like Arsenal with one striker up front, so I'm just wondering.

Ruddy is more than good enough on FM, no difference really with Begovic. Save your potatoes.