Norwich Promoted

Frank

Hobbs
Reaction score
Portsmouth 0 - 1 Norwich

Norwich City secured a return to the Premier League after a six-year absence with victory at Portsmouth.

Simeon Jackson scored the winner in the 50th minute when he stooped low to head in David Fox's cross, securing back-to-back promotions for the Canaries.

Norwich went into the game knowing that a win would put them beyond the reach of Cardiff, who lost to Middlesbrough.

The win heralds Norwich's third spell in the Premier League and their first under boss Paul Lambert.

Think its quite **** that the stewards are grabbing people for going onto the pitch when there are thousands more already on

Well I'm happy. Hometown finally back in Premier league :wub:
Could even be Champions of the Championship if QPR have points deducted ^^)

To think we were playing them last season :/

Big congrats to Norwich. Good to see 'em mixing it again with the big boys. Have a bit of a soft spot for them

Lambert has done a great job there. Well done to him and Norwich

Nice one Norwich, watched the game and they were the better squad. Bet their favorites to come last XD

Brilliant to see my cousin Wes Hoolahan in the premiership, to think of all the times I had a kick about with him and now he will be playing against Wayne Rooney next season :O

Well played Norwich, it'll be interesting to see if their players have the mental character to play this well in the Premier League, and not get systematically gang raped by the other 19 teams.

Looking forward to a Delia Smith motivational speech next season.

Agree with Burkie. C'mon Weso the former Shelbourne man that tore apart Hajduk Split as an overweight 20 year old and then held his own with Deportivo defeated semi finalists. He is such a technically gifted player and now that he is fit he is reaping the full rewards. Hope he does well in the premier league. think Holt and Jackson are the kind of strikers that do well in the PL. One is strong, sharp and a good finisher while the other is super quick and also a good finisher. just need a few good defenders and they might stay up. I have a soft spot for them and Reading

really pleased for Norwich they play excellent football have great fans and a fantastic up and comming young brittish manager

really hope they stay up next season !

Congratulations Norwich. Hopefully don't get them early on in season because promoted teams usually start with a bang.

They have basically the same team that played league 1 last year so will be interesting to see how many signings they make

Agree with Burkie. C'mon Weso the former Shelbourne man that tore apart Hajduk Split as an overweight 20 year old and then held his own with Deportivo defeated semi finalists. He is such a technically gifted player and now that he is fit he is reaping the full rewards. Hope he does well in the premier league. think Holt and Jackson are the kind of strikers that do well in the PL. One is strong, sharp and a good finisher while the other is super quick and also a good finisher. just need a few good defenders and they might stay up. I have a soft spot for them and Reading

Hopefully now that he is in the Premiership he be noticed on the international scene as we know Trap doesn't go to many games but if he is performing week in and week out in a league like the Premiership then he is bound to be called up, Ireland are calling out for a creative midfielder and with Weso and McCarthy fighting for a first team spot it will excite me ! :)

Congratulations Norwich, well deserved.

Consecutive promotions are not easy; nicely done Lambert.

It's great to see Norwich back in the Premiership. They have an extreme mountain to climb next season, but it's still great to see them return. Like most of you guys, I have a soft spot for them too! And Forest. I hope they can make it to the Premiership through the Playoffs.

As a Leeds fan... Congratulations to them. They deserved it. Hope we go up next season to face them again in EPL. In 2 years 2 automatic promotions... Great job from the manager! See ya in the EPL :D