(not a rant) Could use advice on how to furtherly prevent injuries!

Bunny Colvin

Reaction score
Hi there!

Looking for some advice on how to prevent injuries.

Playing as fulham and im in my 3th season.

Training set on balanced and average. and restday after every game.
They all have extra individial training. (specific skills only) and onky train 1 thing at once, so no double extra training.

For al positions i have at least 2 players and some extra for debt incase of injuries.

To keep al players fresh in the murdering schedule in the PL combined with Cap one, FA cup and CL, when there is few resting days between matches (3 days between games and lesser)i do a full swap of all the fieldplayers.

I do not gamble with players and dont let them play full matches when they are not fully match fit, i slowly let them grow to full matchfitness.

I imidiatly sub players that take a knock and turn yellow.

I have 1 head physio en and 2 ordinairy fysio's.

PLaying the last few days (with new patch) and i honestly thaught the fixed the injuries (takin in acount the normal injuries, cause there is always some degree of injuries in a squad) when suddenly BAM traore out with a torn calfbone muscle (4 to 5 months out). No problem since i a have a enough players. The januari tranferwindow closes and now the fun truly begins, Woodrow and Hyndman (hyndman is like 3th backup and is playing cause roberts and Odegaard are already out for about 2 to 3 weeks with minor injuries) both tore there calfbone muscle. Quickly followed by rotariu who is out for about 4 weeks. Srs puzzleing now to get to separate teams on the pitch. Frustrating building up. Slowly roberts, odegaard, traore and rotariu are all getting fit and playing there matches and the moment i think that im there. BAM lucas Romero -guess what- tears he's calfbone muscle.
At this point im going insane, was the middle of the night and he's injury is quickly followed by a 5-1 to beating from chelsea. Time to go to bed.

Now im here -quite desparate- to find a solution on how to prevent injuries cause im all out of solutions and cant think of anything more on how to prevent them. By this time im starting to think that its the game's way of balancing everyhting out to more realism (since is was running for the championship in the PL) and i can assure you that it is working, freefalling with 5 pl losses in a row. quarter final CL and semi final FA are up next.

Im willing to give additional info, just name it and ill give it.

On a sidenote: Anyone else notiched an increase of red, and yellow cards since the patch?

Thanks upfront!

Last edited:
shameless bump (due to silly forum bot spamming sheit al over this forum)

How many do you have out injured, normally?

Also, you don't mention the intensity of the individual training?

How many do you have out injured, normally?

Also, you don't mention the intensity of the individual training?

Would have to guess, i think 2 on avearage.

Intensity on individual training is set on normal

in all honesty, i think im doing smoething wrong. In the example its about 7 injured. 2 on average. I went well and rhen BAM buckloads of srs injuries in about 1 month. typical is that there all the same injury. Those injuries on top of the normal load is just to much. Just trying to figure out how the injury mechanic is working so i can harnass is better.

in all honesty, i think im doing smoething wrong. In the example its about 7 injured. 2 on average. I went well and rhen BAM buckloads of srs injuries in about 1 month. typical is that there all the same injury. Those injuries on top of the normal load is just to much. Just trying to figure out how the injury mechanic is working so i can harnass is better.
It happens. Could just be a spell of bad luck. Are you in December/January right now, by any chance?

It happens. Could just be a spell of bad luck. Are you in December/January right now, by any chance?

2nd of april

Woodrow still5 weeks out
Hyndman still 4 weeks out
Romero still 4 months out
Traore just recovered

All from the same Injury (torn calf muscle)

Answer -- you can't prevent injuries. Even with a physio with 20 skill.

You need to build a lot of depth.

1. Have a big squad. Because injuries are assigned pretty randomly, the more players you have, the less likely it will be to someone important.

2. You need versatility. Have at least 3 players that can play/cover any one position. So for example if I want to have adequate LB depth. I need two players who can play left back. 1 who is 1st team capable, 1 who is at least backup capble, and 1 who can cover at LB. For example I have Grimaldo (LB/WBL), Quintilla (LB/WBL), and Umtiti (CB/LB). Grimaldo is my starter. Quintilla can play when Grimaldo is tired. And Umititi can cover in a pinch if neither player is available even though his main position is CB.

3. Have some players stashed on loan with the 'can be recalled' clause, so that you can pull them back to the main team in case of injury. I generally loan out players who are not good enough for the first team but need development time. But I give them the 'can be recalled' clause. I exercise this clause if the player isn't getting enough play time, or if I just really need a warm body to fill a position ravaged by injuries.

4. Play very close attention to fitness. I generally do not like to start players with the 'tired' status. But sometimes you need to, when you have back to back to back games in a week. I've had to play 3 games in a week before! But I try to alternate it so that a player doesn't have to play tired more than two games in a row. Also whenever I see the message so and so is beginning to look jadedd, or so and so looks exhausted and is in need of a long rest, I right click them and have them rest them for at least 3 days. For this to work, you need the versatility and depth that I mentioned in points 1/2 so you don't have too much dropoff while that player is resting.

5. Training. Average/Balanced is a good general 'default' setting, but sometimes you need to switch them to light training, especially when your fixtures get congested because of multiple competitions, ie national cups, continential competitions, and league games all going on closely together.