Not another question about Club Reputation!?!

tmerrr

Reaction score
Hi all. I know there's been a million and one threads about club reputation already but I can't find the answer to this question anywhere. Well, I've found a few answers but they contradict each other so I was wondering if someone can answer this once and for all for me!

I already understand about the dynamic club reputation and that being 'successful' increases club rep and being unsuccessful will decrease club rep but where I have seen mixed answers is in how 'success' is defined. Does club rep ONLY increase if you actually WIN a competition or will it increase just from gaining promotion, beating teams with a higher rep, meeting or exceeding club expectations etc.

For example, I've got a game with Bromley and I've got them to league 1 where I'm predicted to finish bottom, but I have told my board that I will avoid relegation which I should just about do. So if I achieve this and maybe even spend another season in this league, will this increase my rep as I am now playing and holding my own against higher profile clubs?

Sorry to ramble but I wanted to explain myself as much as possible so I don't just get the same answers I've already read! Thanks